Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 04-06-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172558)
Around 1 month, but then 1 month suddenly seem normal after reading back the previous posts. Cause processing the application somehow means to me that HR may have better choices or they haven't finalized their decision. So pretty worried that I may not get the offer in the end.

this is reply to post 3345.

Unregistered 04-06-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172558)
Around 1 month, but then 1 month suddenly seem normal after reading back the previous posts. Cause processing the application somehow means to me that HR may have better choices or they haven't finalized their decision. So pretty worried that I may not get the offer in the end.

Omg 1 month. Mine was 2 weeks

Unregistered 05-06-2021 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172556)
Currently are you with a SB, or Min? And do you wish to move on to another SB, or Min?

Oh this is a statboard to another statboard.. currently a diploma holder with 2 yrs exp wanting to move on to another statboard with my deg cert.. wondering if they’ll consider my experience in offering my pay and if so how much for a year of exp? Tia

Unregistered 05-06-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172464)
i was in a stat board with a degree. Now they flat out give contract to all staff and didn give perm after 2 years. Left the place asap, its a SB in woodlands. The junior staffs feedback why no promotions or perm and only got "if you work hard, you'll get it".

Exactly! Why waste your time pursuing a career in the government sector? Don't! Focus on hunting for a career in the private sector instead. Private sector gives you higher job security and better work-life balance compared to government sector.

Unregistered 05-06-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172499)
Finished the final interview and had submitted all documents requested such as G50 form, medical form, payslip etc 1 week after interview. HR didnt verbally offer, only say in the midst of processing my application

Message from OP #3327: "i was in a stat board with a degree. Now they flat out give contract to all staff and didn give perm after 2 years. Left the place asap, its a SB in woodlands. The junior staffs feedback why no promotions or perm and only got "if you work hard, you'll get it".

The above statement concludes it is better for us not to go into the government sector. Focus our job hunt in the private sector instead. Apparently, the private sector gives you a higher job security than the government sector. Don't jeopardise your rice bowl.

Unregistered 05-06-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172504)
The role you applying for its uniform unit? If no, you shouldn't be concern unless you have some serious health issue.

If you are really concern, you can take up the private offer first while waiting for this role.

Message from OP #3327: "i was in a stat board with a degree. Now they flat out give contract to all staff and didn give perm after 2 years. Left the place asap, its a SB in woodlands. The junior staffs feedback why no promotions or perm and only got "if you work hard, you'll get it".

The above statement concludes it is better for us not to go into the government sector. Focus our job hunt in the private sector instead. Apparently, it implies the private sector gives you a higher job security than the government sector and has stood the test of time even in economic downturns.

Unregistered 05-06-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172503)
I have yet to go for medical checkup yet, only asked to declare any illness i had and some standard medical questions to answer. So i am kind of worried that they might not want me. So i am in a dilemma of whether to take the risk and wait. Because i really like this job and i am willing to give up the offer from the private company.

The above statement concludes it is better for us not to go into the government sector. Focus our job hunt in the private sector instead. Apparently, it implies the private sector gives you a higher job security than the government sector and has stood the test of time even in economic downturns.

Unregistered 05-06-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172619)

nobody is as stupid as you

Unregistered 05-06-2021 01:34 PM

A question regarding background check in civil service

Supposed I am verbally offered and they would like to conduct refereee check , as well as others

Will they call and inform my existing employer if I am currently working in private sector? Or will they just ask for latest payslip?

Unregistered 05-06-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 172647)
A question regarding background check in civil service

Supposed I am verbally offered and they would like to conduct refereee check , as well as others

Will they call and inform my existing employer if I am currently working in private sector? Or will they just ask for latest payslip?

Generally, HR will conduct reference check with your former employer/s, unless you have given your permission for them to do it with your existing one instead.