Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 06-04-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131868)
I think generally gov jobs take quite long to process. For example I applied moe 2 years back, the whole process took 5 months

For teaching positions? For mine, they told me will be informed in 2 weeks time. Already been 2 weeks and still no news, i guess i can take it as rejection?

Unregistered 06-04-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131869)
For teaching positions? For mine, they told me will be informed in 2 weeks time. Already been 2 weeks and still no news, i guess i can take it as rejection?

Yes. I was told that I will know the results in 4-5 weeks. Only received rejection at like 9th or 10th week. But I do have friends waited very long and still get accepted.

So it depends. Maybe the delay is due the covid affecting work processes, need wfh etc

Unregistered 06-04-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131872)
Yes. I was told that I will know the results in 4-5 weeks. Only received rejection at like 9th or 10th week. But I do have friends waited very long and still get accepted.

So it depends. Maybe the delay is due the covid affecting work processes, need wfh etc

Okay sure, thanks for the response. I’ll call HR next week if she doesnt respond to my email.

Unregistered 06-04-2020 10:54 PM

Just wonder if anyone has reached the reference check stage and not gotten an offer afterward?

gingerbreadb0y 07-04-2020 02:39 PM

Sup guys!
Anyone knows how does the ACRA's corporate rank/grade break down is like? Do they follow MX schemes used by ministries?

Unregistered 08-04-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbreadb0y (Post 131919)
Sup guys!
Anyone knows how does the ACRA's corporate rank/grade break down is like? Do they follow MX schemes used by ministries?

It's their own scheme. Just like any other stat board. There are equivalent MX grades but the salary ranges do not cleanly overlap.

gingerbreadb0y 09-04-2020 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131942)
It's their own scheme. Just like any other stat board. There are equivalent MX grades but the salary ranges do not cleanly overlap.

I see. Any idea how their scheme is like? There seemed to be little information about them since they are quite a small SB...

Also, I’m assuming they are average tier SB yeah?

Unregistered 09-04-2020 10:38 PM

Disappointment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131885)
Just wonder if anyone has reached the reference check stage and not gotten an offer afterward?

Went for an interview with a SB & passed 2nd stage interview. 3 weeks later, received a call from HR saying that they r conducting a reference check but didn't receive any offer in the end. Tried to call up HR few times & their reply was "in process" & will get me informed. After 1 month, I found out the job was offered to someone else through SGDI.

Perhaps, something went wrong as I am a ex-civil servant..

Unregistered 11-04-2020 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132043)
Went for an interview with a SB & passed 2nd stage interview. 3 weeks later, received a call from HR saying that they r conducting a reference check but didn't receive any offer in the end. Tried to call up HR few times & their reply was "in process" & will get me informed. After 1 month, I found out the job was offered to someone else through SGDI.

Perhaps, something went wrong as I am a ex-civil servant..

That is so disappointing. Why didn’t the hr inform you that you were not selected but left you hanging there? Or were they waiting for their first choice’s decision and in case the first candidate rejects, it goes to you? Anyways, after last round interview, HR will conduct reference before informing that a candidate is selected?

I always thought the sequence is : interview>offer>reference>medical>contract

Unregistered 11-04-2020 06:47 PM

will gov sector start to slow down or pause hiring process because of circuit breaker?