Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 23-03-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130740)
Bro.. ur situation is simple.. baically the "director" u mentioned is not the big boss.... the big boss is the final interview u went to with the HR.. so if big boss say NO.. there is no way director can overwrite.. same like in uniform grp.. first interview with senior assistant director.. final interview will be with director or commander..

hmm is that the case? previously, he told me had some influence over the panel's decision but i'm starting to think your conjecture might be right since he wasn't part of the panel like what he told me. and for that, i did not perform well during the final interview...
still going to drop him a email and see how it goes...

Unregistered 23-03-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130750)
is there any way to contact hr to ask about our application if there is only the generic c@g email with the name of the agency's hr person only? already 4 weeks after submission but application still shows 'submitted'

nope. but some cs shortlist applicants only after the closing period for the position. i was once called up for interview 4 weeks after the closing date.

Unregistered 04-04-2020 09:48 PM

No news for 2 weeks after interview with sb, am i still under consideration? i emailed hr but no reply. what should i do??

Unregistered 04-04-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131784)
No news for 2 weeks after interview with sb, am i still under consideration? i emailed hr but no reply. what should i do??

usually if hr never reply, not really good news based on my experience in applying gov jobs

Unregistered 04-04-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131785)
usually if hr never reply, not really good news based on my experience in applying gov jobs

Alright... in your opinion, should i contact the head of the dept if i have his email since the hr did not reply?

Unregistered 04-04-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131789)
Alright... in your opinion, should i contact the head of the dept if i have his email since the hr did not reply?

No. They probably wont like it

Unregistered 04-04-2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131792)
No. They probably wont like it

Guess the only thing i can do now is wait...

Unregistered 06-04-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131795)
Guess the only thing i can do now is wait...

wait might be longer cause many places need wfh now

Unregistered 06-04-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131842)
wait might be longer cause many places need wfh now

I applied for this job in February, so its been more than a month. Was wondering if its normal for sb to take so long or I’m out already.

Unregistered 06-04-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131863)
I applied for this job in February, so its been more than a month. Was wondering if its normal for sb to take so long or I’m out already.

I think generally gov jobs take quite long to process. For example I applied moe 2 years back, the whole process took 5 months