Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 28-12-2019 06:11 PM

Biased

Should I stop applying to the agency of every job I apply got rejected?
I mean the HR will just throw u out when they saw your name and dun even care whether it is suitable for you. I mean they dun even screen at all.
Will this happen?

Unregistered 28-12-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127626)
I mean the HR will just throw u out when they saw your name and dun even care whether it is suitable for you. I mean they dun even screen at all.
Will this happen?

Depends on the picture u put in resume. If u Chio bu then ok. If ugly sure no chance. Simple realistic world.

Unregistered 28-12-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127626)
Will this happen?

Bro as u might have known.. every CS opening surely hundreds will apply.. so ur resume have have some powerful keywords that the HR is looking for.. every opening HR i think have their own set of criteria to look for.. depending on hiring manager.. some hiring want local degree holders even though advert never mentioned.. while some want with relavant experience.. what i try to do is try make ur resume better ij order to have that 50% chance to be noticed.. good luck man..

Unregistered 28-12-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127627)
Depends on the picture u put in resume. If u Chio bu then ok. If ugly sure no chance. Simple realistic world.

Guess you are doing selling face job bah...
Then must be earning alots le...

Unregistered 30-12-2019 06:54 PM

Caas

Hi, anyone has apply for position(s) with Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) before? What is their timeline for processing applications?

Thank you.

Unregistered 31-12-2019 08:33 PM

Renege

Hi all, I accepted a job at a local stat board, fresh grad. But I received a job offer from another company which I am more inclined to pursue. I plan to renege but worried about the consequences. What happens if one reneges on a job offer from a stat board? Thank you.

Unregistered 01-01-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127701)
Hi all, I accepted a job at a local stat board, fresh grad. But I received a job offer from another company which I am more inclined to pursue. I plan to renege but worried about the consequences. What happens if one reneges on a job offer from a stat board? Thank you.

Consequences is that the stat board will likely blacklist you. If you intend to reapply the HR will not favour your application. So be sure that you will not likely cross path with this stat board again. This is the case regardless of stat board or other company

Unregistered 08-01-2020 04:34 PM

Public Service Pre Employment Check

Since there are public service HR folks here, I would like to ask what does the pre employment check entails? More specifically, for the criminal record bit, do they take into consideration such as conditional warnings? I do not have any criminal record, but was previously given a stern conditional warning.

Applied to a stat board and was given a verbal offer/ conditional offer, prior to a medical examination, populate a G50 form, and signing of contract. However, the conditional offer was retracted due to internal changes to the requirement of role, looking for candidates with direct relevant experience.

This also happened to another stat board which I applied for subsequently, with the same reasons cited.

To offer some context, the 2 roles I’ve applied for is not directly related to what I majored in at University, but I did got through the final round of interview with the higher managements.

Unregistered 09-01-2020 06:28 PM

Hi, i applied a*star imre, last week. How long do i have to wait for appointment or rejection respond from them? How long if you all know do i have to wait from the last interview.
Thanks!

Unregistered 09-01-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127954)
Hi, i applied a*star imre, last week. How long do i have to wait for appointment or rejection respond from them? How long if you all know do i have to wait from the last interview.
Thanks!

Sorry.. i went for the interview last week.