Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 08-11-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124857)
Thank you for your reply. I come from a local Uni with 2nd class upper honours and I did look at LinkedIn and other people in the team have similar (or less) experience. That’s why I surprised. But ya certainly possible someone else has a better profile. At least they responded fast.

Actually, I was wondering if my current / expected salary might be the problem. My current job is paying significantly higher than normal but I thought it will look weird if I put a lower expected pay. But to be honest i was willing to take a significant cut.

Unregistered 10-11-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124858)
Actually, I was wondering if my current / expected salary might be the problem. My current job is paying significantly higher than normal but I thought it will look weird if I put a lower expected pay. But to be honest i was willing to take a significant cut.

Hmmm, may or may not be due to pay. I do experience before that if they are interested in you, they will meet up and try to nego, the worse case is they match your current pay and ask you if it is alright.

Unregistered 10-11-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124894)
Hmmm, may or may not be due to pay. I do experience before that if they are interested in you, they will meet up and try to nego, the worse case is they match your current pay and ask you if it is alright.

Thank you for your reply. Actually I’m quite sure they can’t match my current pay as it is much higher than the norm for my field. Maybe should have put a lower expected pay. Sigh..

Unregistered 16-11-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pecnarci (Post 124935)
I'm a mid career switcher and went for interview last week. Throughout the interview, the impression given was good and it's like I'm confirmed to be hired. Then at the end of the interview, i asked when will i know the result. HR replied 2 weeks and the director added "ya.. i remember my calendar for interviews are scheduled all the way until end of next week"
Well i left the interview feeling confident yet a little confused cuz if they really like me so much, is it necessary to still interview other candidates and ask me to wait for 2 weeks? It is about 2 weeks now. I dunno if i should call HR to ask or continue waiting.

Any advise? Thanks..

Hi, so do u manage to secure the job?

Unregistered 18-11-2019 03:17 PM

Hi has anyone applied to singstats before? How is the timeline like?

Unregistered 18-11-2019 03:37 PM

Hi, I am recently offered a job in a stat board, appointed at XT5. It is my first time hearing XT5, anyone knows what scheme it is under?

Unregistered 18-11-2019 05:31 PM

Same situation as the above. Went for an interview, the HR person told me that they’ll get back within 2 weeks. I called on the 2 weeks mark and they informed me that they’re still interviewing candidates. This week I found the job being reposted online but with a change in job description. I wish organisation and departments can firm up their JD before they post it online and avoid wasting people’s time since what they previously stated wasn’t what they wanted.

Unregistered 26-11-2019 09:05 AM

For public service, only DS and above get to ride business class for overseas trip?

Unregistered 28-11-2019 10:58 PM

I applied for a position in a statboard, the status changed to “in process” after a few days. But its been about 3 weeks and there are no updates. Does it mean I am not shortlisted for interview?

Unregistered 28-11-2019 11:50 PM

I attended an interview and it’s been more than one month since I’m supposed to hear back. Guess it’s more or less concluded that I didn’t get the job? Had a friend who was offered immediately the next working day after the interview while I was left to wait for more than a month. Feels bad knowing I’m not good enough