Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 10-04-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116726)
SPS website's called it MX, so i assume its the same? Strange though, its been soooo long. Appointment approval is taking eons

I understand your restlessness, especially in a soft job market. If you have no alternative offers, express your hunger for this job by calling the person you have liase with all this while for an update.

Sometimes they may just decide to give you the job if they are still considering between yourself and another good candidate who just window shop and never expressed hunger/excitement for the position.

I feel your hunger here, but your boss is the one that needs to be impressed, not us.

Unregistered 11-04-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116761)
Remember, all you owe them is notice period or liquidated damages if any. Any they don't owe you anything until you sign an unconditional employment contract-means nothing pending.

That makes alot of sense! All right, thanks for the advice!
Will accept the 2nd choice provisional offer first. Looking through this forum, there are quite a few cases where the verbal offer was rescinded so I don't wanna risk it too.

Unregistered 11-04-2019 05:21 PM

My Humble opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116798)
That makes alot of sense! All right, thanks for the advice!
Will accept the 2nd choice provisional offer first. Looking through this forum, there are quite a few cases where the verbal offer was rescinded so I don't wanna risk it too.

I'm the person you reply to.

Im glad to have helped somehow. Recently inexperienced grads received verbal offers and take it so seriously like they confirmed have the job. Even ministry now know that they take way too long to confirm candidates and start to sign conditional contracts that are essentially blank cheque.

I pray that you eventually joined your choice of employer. Even if you don't, appreciate the learning opportunities at the other organisation, don't dwell on it. Hard work and experience will take you further than a perfect organisation.

Unregistered 11-04-2019 05:36 PM

asking for advice...
Say i was from the pte sector earning at the 95th percentile (exclude PB) for my rank in my field, if i want to join cs/sb, roughly what would be a reasonable (or sensible) cut i should be expecting or requesting?
(did my research, a cut is unavoidable)

Unregistered 12-04-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116801)
asking for advice...
Say i was from the pte sector earning at the 95th percentile (exclude PB) for my rank in my field, if i want to join cs/sb, roughly what would be a reasonable (or sensible) cut i should be expecting or requesting?
(did my research, a cut is unavoidable)

You must also consider amount of OT, work life balance, incentives. Most people jump to civil service for the non monetary benefits especially family related benefits.

If money is very important, better stay on. Some people have too much at stake. Lavish lifestyle, luxuries... 5k cash disappears each month to lifestyle needs. They think my lifestyle is nuts... Vice versa.

Unregistered 13-04-2019 04:33 AM

anyone apply mfa?

LSO 13-04-2019 09:13 AM

legal service officer 2019

anybody applied for legal service this year?

aresnum 14-04-2019 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116671)
I have done my reference check, medical and security clearance. How long do i have to wait for approval and signing?

For government recruitment, usually need 3 months or more ... the hr will keep you warm and ensure you not loosing interest ..

Unregistered 14-04-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116084)
Anybody knows What’s the typical number of days HR will contact you if shortlisted for PSD?

I’ve applied for a role in PSD around mid-March and HR sent me an invitation for video interview + written test around first week of April. Second week of April I was informed to attend panel interview + presentation.

Unregistered 15-04-2019 11:18 AM

This might be a very novice question but when you get invited down by a stat board to sign the documents, will you be allowed to bring the documents back to read through and consider or will the HR give you some time there and then to look through but you have to sign at that very place itself?

And if you can bring it back, how long can you ask to be given that is appropriate?

Much thanks.