Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 01-11-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111344)
This is my timeline, I thought it was really fast...

Background: 31yr old, Overseas Aus Degree, currently working as engineer, 7 years exp

- Mid Aug, applied on Career @ Gov

- Mid Sept invited for an interview

- Late Sept interview with a panel of 3 (HR, Director, CIO), took about 1.5 hours.

- 10 mins after the interview, HR called to inform me that they are moving my application forward for references and security checks

- Early Oct, HR called to inform me my indicative salary, subject to approval by senior mgmt

- Mid-Oct, HR called to inform my formal offer, 8% increases

- Mid-late Oct, Accepted offer after nego to up 10%, overall package up by 18%

- Late Oct, PS card photo was taken at Cisco

- Early Nov, Appointment set up to sign the contract at Vital

- Early Dec, start work

Why did you leave for 10% increment? Overall 18% is not confirmed and according to variable bonus right?

Unregistered 01-11-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111345)
Why did you leave for 10% increment? Overall 18% is not confirmed and according to variable bonus right?

My bad should be 17% at least

yea, taking to account to variable bonus.. also govt don give too much increment compared to the private sector. I got an adjustment on 30 sept for an additional 3% so the offer of 10% is based on the adjusted salary so in actual fact that's about 13% increased.

For example i'm getting 2k/mth after 3% adjustment or 1.942k before and with my current max is 12 + 1 AWS + max 2 PB = 15 mths package X 1.942k = 29.13k/Yr

Going to CS with 2.2k/mth is 12 + 0.5 July + 0.5 minimum for Dec + 1 AWS + 1.5 for avg PB
= 15.5mths package == 34.1k/yr == 17%
= 16 mths package == 35.2k/yr == 20.8% (assuming 1 for Dec)

ismeagain 02-11-2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111345)

yea, taking to account to variable bonus.. also govt don give too much increment compared to the private sector.

I got an adjustment on 30 sept for an additional 3% so the offer of 10% is based on the adjusted salary so in actual fact that's about 13% increased.

For example if i'm getting 2k/mth after 3% adjustment or 1.942k before and with my current max is 12 + 1 AWS + max 2 PB = 15 mths package X 1.942k = 29.13k/Yr

Going to CS with 2.2k/mth is 12 + 0.5 July + 0.5 minimum for Dec + 1 AWS + 1.5 for avg PB

Unregistered 02-11-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Background: 31yr old, Overseas Aus Degree, currently working as engineer, 7 years exp

- Late Sept interview with a panel of 3 (HR, Director, CIO), took about 1.5 hours.

- 10 mins after the interview, HR called to inform me that they are moving my application forward for references and security checks

- Early Oct, HR called to inform me my indicative salary, subject to approval by senior mgmt

- Early Dec, start work

How did you negotiate to up?

Unregistered 02-11-2018 08:59 PM

is more than 2 months since I went for medical and last heard from HR .... does this means that I have been rejected?

Unregistered 05-11-2018 12:25 PM

nea

went for a final round interview at nea, and noticed that i was the only one that HR called back for interview. Panel consisted of the usual HR, head of dept and direct mgr.

In my previous offers, the hr usually called back after 1-2days with a verbal offer and to proceed with the formal checks. But its been more than 1 week now and I havent heard anything from them since the interview.

How's my chances?

Unregistered 05-11-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ismeagain (Post 111347)
yea, taking to account to variable bonus.. also govt don give too much increment compared to the private sector.

I got an adjustment on 30 sept for an additional 3% so the offer of 10% is based on the adjusted salary so in actual fact that's about 13% increased.

For example if i'm getting 2k/mth after 3% adjustment or 1.942k before and with my current max is 12 + 1 AWS + max 2 PB = 15 mths package X 1.942k = 29.13k/Yr

Actually you should ask for a 15% to 25% above your current annual base inclusive of AWS.

The variable bonus is not predictable so a higher base should get you well covered for an incentive to leave. A 10% to 12% increment is equivalent to an internal promotion increment.

Unregistered 07-11-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

- Early Dec, start work

cb Soo long sia! I could have whacked 3 or 4 wh0res on different beds. Unload the madness of cumLALALA.

Unregistered 07-11-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111400)
went for a final round interview at nea, and noticed that i was the only one that HR called back for interview. Panel consisted of the usual HR, head of dept and direct mgr.

In my previous offers, the hr usually called back after 1-2days with a verbal offer and to proceed with the formal checks. But its been more than 1 week now and I havent heard anything from them since the interview.

How's my chances?

Pretty slim, suggest that you shake your tralalala while watching getai during 7 months. Hopefully the spirits can guide and smoothen your journey to Nirvana

Unregistered 07-11-2018 02:01 PM

Hi all, I had an interview at thy xxH@mst3r. Would like to know what are my chances like? There were 3 interviewers. Judging from their treatment of me: 1 sat on me and took control, the other one was slurping my stud like bubble tea and the other one was sniffing all over me. Pls oh pls disciples of the unholy, what are my chances?