Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 23-07-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121991)
Anyone knows if it is compulsory for the organisations to interview all the shortlisted candidates before confirming their decision? Cuz pte seems to only interview 1 to 3 candidates then will make their choice but public sector need to interview so many candidates which may even take weeks to finish the interview. Will they still remember the first few candidates who were interviewed?

If you are chio and wear short skirts or handsome and muscular surely they will remember you. So if they dont remember you, probably you are ugly, then the only thing you can do is to blame your parents for borning you ugly. Its a simple superficial world ultimately!

Unregistered 24-07-2019 05:24 PM

Worried

Hi folks, anyone of you had experiences with civil service HR and careers@gov?

I had gone for interview (2nd round) yesterday. I thought it went great and all, though it seems unusual that they would only invite 2 candidates back for that interview.

HR informed me that they will get back to me within 2 weeks for the next interview, if I am shortlisted. My friend, who used to work there, told me that regardless of successful outcome or not they will inform you at the 2 week mark.

Today, I saw that job ad up again.

And that got me all worried and demoralized. Am I being rejected? Went online on salary.sg and saw some posts which says that these postings may be up on a regular basis due to program settings. And yah lah I do see that posting regularly. But then is that true?

Idk... am afraid i botched up my interview despite me getting a really good vibe from it.

Unregistered 24-07-2019 10:09 PM

Mpa

Hi there! Anyone working in MPA, maritime and port authority?

How is the waiting period like? I received a call from HR (2 wks ago) saying they are conducting a reference check, verified with my character referee and said they did called. Btw, i am a ex civil servant who left the service 1 yr+ ago.

Would appreciate if anyone can help me on this, thanks in advance!

Unregistered 26-07-2019 03:27 PM

I'm a mid career switcher and went for interview last week. Throughout the interview, the impression given was good and it's like I'm confirmed to be hired. Then at the end of the interview, i asked when will i know the result. HR replied 2 weeks and the director added "ya.. i remember my calendar for interviews are scheduled all the way until end of next week"
Well i left the interview feeling confident yet a little confused cuz if they really like me so much, is it necessary to still interview other candidates and ask me to wait for 2 weeks? It is about 2 weeks now. I dunno if i should call HR to ask or continue waiting.

Any advise? Thanks..

Unregistered 26-07-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122131)
I'm a mid career switcher and went for interview last week. Throughout the interview, the impression given was good and it's like I'm confirmed to be hired. Then at the end of the interview, i asked when will i know the result. HR replied 2 weeks and the director added "ya.. i remember my calendar for interviews are scheduled all the way until end of next week"
Well i left the interview feeling confident yet a little confused cuz if they really like me so much, is it necessary to still interview other candidates and ask me to wait for 2 weeks? It is about 2 weeks now. I dunno if i should call HR to ask or continue waiting.

Any advise? Thanks..

Every company also looking for the better candidate. Until you sign on the dotted line, nothing is confirmed.

Unregistered 26-07-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122131)

Any advise? Thanks..

You need to understand that it's not a loss to the hiring personnel to take their own sweet time and not decide on you. If they dont hire you, they can always look for other candidate and thats your loss.

You need the job and 'rice bowl'. Better to look elsewhere while waiting for outcome.

Unregistered 31-07-2019 03:30 AM

My timeline:

- Applied early June
- Contacted for first round less than 2 weeks later
- Informal interview early July
- Contacted by HR the following day for written
- Formal interview mid July

Still waiting to hear back. Good luck to everyone!

Unregistered 31-07-2019 11:25 PM

Sharing my experience. Pretty slow process so much so that i forgot i even applied and went for interview.

Applied: 5 April
Call for interview: 25 April
Actual Interview: 6 May
Offer: 30 May
Salary negotiation, G50 & ref check: 7 Jun
Medical checkup: 14 Jun
Actual signing of offer: 20 Jun

Unregistered 01-08-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122318)
Sharing my experience. Pretty slow process so much so that i forgot i even applied and went for interview.

Hi hi, so by 20 Jun, your G50 and medical check up results already cleared?

Unregistered 01-08-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122318)

Thats very fast for g50 and medical check. I had submitted my g50 for 3 weeks already but no respond. Mind sharing which stat board is this?