Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 01-08-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122053)
Hi there! Anyone working in MPA, maritime and port authority?

How is the waiting period like? I received a call from HR (2 wks ago) saying they are conducting a reference check, verified with my character referee and said they did called. Btw, i am a ex civil servant who left the service 1 yr+ ago.

Would appreciate if anyone can help me on this, thanks in advance!

I got an in principle offer within 1 week and completed all admin within a month before I tendered. I facilitated the reference check (linked HR up with respective coy HR) so it cuts short the time. They are usually very fast cos attrition rate there is very high.

Unregistered 02-08-2019 10:42 AM

Timeline

Anyone can share some insights on the typical MOE (HQ roles) hiring timeline?

Unregistered 04-08-2019 11:33 AM

Senior Executive at Civil Service College International

Anyone working at CSC can advise what's the expected salary range for the above position? I resigned from Ministry end of last year, last drawn pay was 5k+ so I stated my expected pay at 6k, is that too high?

Applied for this position in early June,received an email invitation for a remote video interview within a week, thereafter no news until a month later where the hr personnel called me and asked if I am still interested in the job.

Interview was then scheduled last week. Does this means I am not their preferred choice?

Was told by the hr that they will get back to me in 1-2 wks time, hoping for good news.

Unregistered 05-08-2019 11:56 AM

Applied for a position with NEA a month back near the closing date, status is "in process" right now. Just wondering how long does NEA take to process applications.

Will there be any disadvantages to my application if I'm currently working in another SB?

Unregistered 05-08-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122318)
Sharing my experience. Pretty slow process so much so that i forgot i even applied and went for interview.

Applied: 5 April
Call for interview: 25 April
Actual Interview: 6 May
Offer: 30 May
Salary negotiation, G50 & ref check: 7 Jun
Medical checkup: 14 Jun
Actual signing of offer: 20 Jun

Congrats. did you call them to chase them for status or you just wait? I am done with g50 and medical too.

Unregistered 06-08-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122406)
Anyone working at CSC can advise what's the expected salary range for the above position? I resigned from Ministry end of last year, last drawn pay was 5k+ so I stated my expected pay at 6k, is that too high?

Applied for this position in early June,received an email invitation for a remote video interview within a week, thereafter no news until a month later where the hr personnel called me and asked if I am still interested in the job.

Interview was then scheduled last week. Does this means I am not their preferred choice?

Was told by the hr that they will get back to me in 1-2 wks time, hoping for good news.

Senior Exec is a junior position.

SE -> Mgr -> SM -> AD -> DD -> Dir

Unregistered 09-08-2019 12:52 PM

Hi, im currently working in a ministry. does anyone know if posting/secondment to other stat boards(belonging to other ministry) be approved by own ministry’s PS?

Unregistered 09-08-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122443)
Congrats. did you call them to chase them for status or you just wait? I am done with g50 and medical too.

Im done with g50 but contract signing and medical is 2 weeks later. However, i already tender and serving my 1 month notice with current company. Did I make a mistake? Nothing will go wrong right?

Unregistered 10-08-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122560)
Im done with g50 but contract signing and medical is 2 weeks later. However, i already tender and serving my 1 month notice with current company. Did I make a mistake? Nothing will go wrong right?

Wow that's a bold move dude. You should have wait till you signed the contract then tender man.

Unregistered 13-08-2019 10:53 AM

Anyone been to mnd for interview?