Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 27-03-2024 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272468)
Hi all, need advice on how to continue. Applied for eng role at LTA, got a verbal offer in late Feb with tentative start this week/next week but until now still no LOA. HR says they are waiting for a final pre-employment check (someone didn't reply email) since early March. Been following up biweekly but still same update. Heard a few horror stories about last min pullout, is this the same? Worried man...

Well...that was fast. Got a call today, LOA next week!

Unregistered 27-03-2024 11:34 PM

[Care to share whar division and scope?

QUOTE=Unregistered;272468]Hi all, need advice on how to continue. Applied for eng role at LTA, got a verbal offer in late Feb with tentative start this week/next week but until now still no LOA. HR says they are waiting for a final pre-employment check (someone didn't reply email) since early March. Been following up biweekly but still same update. Heard a few horror stories about last min pullout, is this the same? Worried man...[/QUOTE]

Unregistered 27-03-2024 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272744)
[Care to share whar division and scope?

QUOTE=Unregistered;272468]Hi all, need advice on how to continue. Applied for eng role at LTA, got a verbal offer in late Feb with tentative start this week/next week but until now still no LOA. HR says they are waiting for a final pre-employment check (someone didn't reply email) since early March. Been following up biweekly but still same update. Heard a few horror stories about last min pullout, is this the same? Worried man...

[/QUOTE]

LTA confirm can get. Alot of people are avoiding the organisation because internally there is alot of issues. Many of the job postings don't even have applicants because of some of the horror stories that comes out of the place.

But really depends on the bosses. There are good ones and bad ones.

Unregistered 27-03-2024 11:46 PM

LTA confirm can get. Alot of people are avoiding the organisation because internally there is alot of issues. Many of the job postings don't even have applicants because of some of the horror stories that comes out of the place.

But really depends on the bosses. There are good ones and bad ones.[/QUOTE]

Bad ones outnumber good ones significantly. Good luck.

Unregistered 12-04-2024 10:41 AM

Went for an interview with a stat board last week. Only one interrview and i would say it is ok. At the end of the interview, HR asked how my job search is going and to give them 1 to 2 weeks for them to revert.

Mean got chance or no chance?

Unregistered 12-04-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274811)
Went for an interview with a stat board last week. Only one interrview and i would say it is ok. At the end of the interview, HR asked how my job search is going and to give them 1 to 2 weeks for them to revert.

Mean got chance or no chance?

1 or 2 weeks can be considered quite fast. Usually takes them 1 mth!!

Unregistered 12-04-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274812)

I heard stat board faster than min

I just dont know this mean i got chance of being offered not

Unregistered 12-04-2024 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272450)
Hi all, I have just been scheduled for an interview with SCDF for a Staff Officer role. After submitting all the documents that HR asked for, I was told there will be a Written Assignment before the Interview.

Has anyone ever taken this written assignment? I am suppose to complete the assignment in 40 minutes and email it back. It seems that the HR is based in MHA HR Services Centre and not SCDF’s HR directly. Anyone can offer insights into the written assignment please.

As you are applying for a Staff Officer role, your writing skills are critical towards policy and drafting reports etc. Hence, the wrriten assignment is like any other general papers for you to write on between Singapore and International affairs or even SCDF related matters. Nothing much to prepare, just want to test water on your writing skills

Unregistered 13-04-2024 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274812)

han nor han nor

1 month plus minus around there is already considered norm timeline if they do the background checks/admin clearance etc fast enough

Unregistered 13-04-2024 06:31 PM

But really depends on the bosses. There are good ones and bad ones.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Interned at LTA before. The manager is really good. Like everyone comes to him for info. The director quite chill. Workload wise, i see other engineers, all their face like tired. Heard pay is high though but need attend alot meetings here and there. No time to do your work also. Usually meeting list out alot of things to discuss but only 1 or 2 things were discussed, sometimes even re-discussed the previous meeting stuff without moving on.. No wonder things are slow to progress..