Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 17-03-2024 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271235)
I have over 15 YOE and am planning to do exactly that lol 😂

u start applying liao?

Unregistered 19-03-2024 02:00 PM

Are all SBs/ Ministries starting with 3 year contracts now or are there some who offer permanent scheme?

Unregistered 19-03-2024 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270310)
Applied last week…. My current job contract will finish at end of April. I was only told last week that they are not renewing my contract….

Wondering if I can hear from statboard/ministries by next week ? Anyone can share experience?

Just an update for those that are curious. I applied for around 10-15 different ministries and statboards, only received call from a SB for interview 10 days after application.

No news from the rest….

Unregistered 19-03-2024 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271593)
Are all SBs/ Ministries starting with 3 year contracts now or are there some who offer permanent scheme?

Most positions yes. Simply because PSD has frozen headcount across the board. Now the main strategic direction is to shrink service as much as possible.

The 3 year contracts are just to see if you are good, and also determine whether the service needs you or not down the line. Job stability is only going to go downhill from here on as AI takes over the minds of policy makers. They think they can use it to cut down number of staff.

Even my contacts at other ministries says MOF is rejecting all request for permanent headcount. So they can only give contract now.

Unregistered 19-03-2024 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271294)
u start applying liao?

That was not me but another person who wanted to start applying lol.

Although i wanted to sign the contract at the new place, current company is brainwashing me to stay with a promised promo next year. Am confused now 🤫

Unregistered 21-03-2024 09:57 AM

Anyone ever transferred from one ministry to another?

I started off with a diploma in one ministry 12 years ago. Along the way, my ministry sponsored my degree studies. Now I applied for another ministry and the HR is telling me that my degree will not considered as it is termed as an Inter Ministry Transfer and I may face a pay cut even as the ministry I am applying for is of a lower tier.

Is this the norm? And if i apply for a Stat Board, is it the same story?

Thanks

Unregistered 21-03-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271607)
Most positions yes. Simply because PSD has frozen headcount across the board. Now the main strategic direction is to shrink service as much as possible.

The 3 year contracts are just to see if you are good, and also determine whether the service needs you or not down the line. Job stability is only going to go downhill from here on as AI takes over the minds of policy makers. They think they can use it to cut down number of staff.

Even my contacts at other ministries says MOF is rejecting all request for permanent headcount. So they can only give contract now.

I can confirm that if you're currently from one ministry where you're on permanent scheme, if you transfer to another ministry you will be offered permanent.

Unregistered 21-03-2024 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271845)
I can confirm that if you're currently from one ministry where you're on permanent scheme, if you transfer to another ministry you will be offered permanent.

under movement, you cannot be worst off then before

Unregistered 22-03-2024 12:31 PM

Verbal offer

Accepted a verbal offer but saw the same job advertised again on the website. Change of mind by hiring department?

Unregistered 22-03-2024 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 272032)
Accepted a verbal offer but saw the same job advertised again on the website. Change of mind by hiring department?

after the initial verbal offer, the hiring side nvr call u/email u???