Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 27-08-2023 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254704)
If want to seek internal transfer, what's the procedure?

Must go through your director first or can apply first to another dept, can someone help?

Thanks

because I see that the procedure is notify director first? or did I get this part wrong?

I think you need to indirectly check if the other dept wants u first. If they do, then tell your dir to make the necessary arrangements.

Unregistered 28-08-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254704)
If want to seek internal transfer, what's the procedure?

Must go through your director first or can apply first to another dept, can someone help?

Thanks

because I see that the procedure is notify director first? or did I get this part wrong?

If wanna maintain good r/s with your director, for background checks, then shd notify him first la. My friend didn't, but that's only bc the dept she's going, the boss was originally frm her old dept so they alr know her and want her

Unregistered 29-08-2023 09:03 PM

If you are from an SB applying for another SB, do you think your boss will find out. Is the career@gov portal linked to WOG?

Ashley1988 29-08-2023 10:51 PM

Applying job with Mistries of home affairs

Dear all,

I have submitted my resume and applying for the position on 10 July 23.

When for the interview on 01 Aug 23, received an email to schedule the second interview in 08 aug 23. I wrote in to reschedule if able to changed the second interview timing from morning to afternoon. HR requested to submit all the transcript, pay slip, character refferal and certificates.

HR promosed that one they have the rescheduled time and date, they will call to inform me.

Despite neumorous follow up with them, then mention still pending for the hiring manager’s schedule. Untill now is aready 4 weeks, no reply from them on the second interview.

I tried to write in to HR again, HR mentioned “there is new development to this position, and seek my patience and understanding that they will updates me once HR have made the hiring decision. I was thinking what do they meant by new development in this position?”

Should I move on and continue to find other jobs? Or pinch hope in this position?

Unregistered 29-08-2023 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254812)
If you are from an SB applying for another SB, do you think your boss will find out. Is the career@gov portal linked to WOG?

Won't find out.

Unregistered 30-08-2023 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley1988 (Post 254817)
Dear all,

When for the interview on 01 Aug 23, received an email to schedule the second interview in 08 aug 23. I wrote in to reschedule if able to changed the second interview timing from morning to afternoon. HR requested to submit all the transcript, pay slip, character refferal and certificates.

HR promosed that one they have the rescheduled time and date, they will call to inform me.

Despite neumorous follow up with them, then mention still pending for the hiring manager’s schedule. Untill now is aready 4 weeks, no reply from them on the second interview.

I tried to write in to HR again, HR mentioned “there is new development to this position, and seek my patience and understanding that they will updates me once HR have made the hiring decision. I was thinking what do they meant by new development in this position?”

Should I move on and continue to find other jobs? Or pinch hope in this position?

new devt to the hiring process

may well be the hiring dept/division freeze headcount or found someone else from the internal

or they dug out unfavourable character reference check results lor

Unregistered 30-08-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley1988 (Post 254817)
Dear all,

For MHA positions, ISD will be the ones doing the background checks. Maybe your clearance is not high enough. Just keep looking for more options. Don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

Unregistered 30-08-2023 10:45 PM

^ didn't know they do clearance for SCDF too? All done by them?

Then for non home team agencies who does clearance?

Ashley1984 31-08-2023 06:13 AM

Hi,

I am currently working in stat board, so I suppose my security clearance is high,so not sure is it I asked for a re-schedules on the job position and thus they re-considered inviting me for a second interview, but even if they reject me, they could have told me they have selected another candidates? Instead of replying my email and mention they are waiting for the hiring manager’s to reschedule my second interview?

Unregistered 31-08-2023 07:24 AM

Which company is this? To the poster aboce