Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

chailatte 23-11-2017 05:43 PM

Just to share that a Ministry called me for an interview for a position I applied >3 months ago. Maybe their first choice candidate dropped out I dunno but 3 months is crazy long. I attended the interview recently and on that afternoon the job ad was reposted on c@g, thought gone case already. But then I received a call for 2nd interview 3 days later, scheduled next week. So not all repostings means all hope is lost!

Unregistered 24-11-2017 10:27 PM

hello everyone, is it a norm for statboard to start off as 1 year contract role for fresh grad? i've got an offer from hdb but im unsure if it will be converted to perm eventually or it is just a 1 year contract role to tide over their manpower needs. From the reply that i've gotten from HR, it is dependent on my performance. anyone can advise :)?

Unregistered 24-11-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102178)
hello everyone, is it a norm for statboard to start off as 1 year contract role for fresh grad? i've got an offer from hdb but im unsure if it will be converted to perm eventually or it is just a 1 year contract role to tide over their manpower needs. From the reply that i've gotten from HR, it is dependent on my performance. anyone can advise :)?

Yes this can apply in some stat boards. Went to HSA for interview and they indicated that employees are put on a 1-year contract before review of performance to be placed on a rolling contract for 3-4 yeara - which means you will never be a perm staff there.

Unregistered 28-11-2017 04:32 PM

Hi, have anyone withdraw your application in career@gov after the first or second interview? I was shortlisted and attended a second round interview with one of the agencies, but I felt that I was just there to make up the interviewee quota and the interviewers didn't seem really interested to hire me (based on their body languages, the types of questions posed to me and their tones e.g.). It is also coming close to 2weeks since there is no news after the second round of interview. I am thinking of withdrawing my application online rather than wait for the agency to update it as unsuccessful in career@gov later on.

Unregistered 28-11-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102483)
Hi, have anyone withdraw your application in career@gov after the first or second interview? I was shortlisted and attended a second round interview with one of the agencies, but I felt that I was just there to make up the interviewee quota and the interviewers didn't seem really interested to hire me (based on their body languages, the types of questions posed to me and their tones e.g.). It is also coming close to 2weeks since there is no news after the second round of interview. I am thinking of withdrawing my application online rather than wait for the agency to update it as unsuccessful in career@gov later on.

I don't think it really matters how many "Unsuccessful" applications you have in your C@G account; I still get job interviews even though I have a whole string of it :D

Unregistered 28-11-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102483)

you might be a back up now, so dont withdraw yr application, there is still chances albeit slim.

Unregistered 28-11-2017 07:11 PM

Went for an interview with a ministry and received and email that I have been found suitable by HR and requested for employment details and expected salary which I have submitted. Would like to find out typically how long would it take from here as I understand there are still the HR checks and the medical. Thanks.

chailatte 28-11-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102504)
Went for an interview with a ministry and received and email that I have been found suitable by HR and requested for employment details and expected salary which I have submitted. Would like to find out typically how long would it take from here as I understand there are still the HR checks and the medical. Thanks.

The last job offer I received from a stat board, it took 2 weeks from 2nd interview for them to make an offer via email. Would only proceed with medical if I had accepted.

Unregistered 29-11-2017 09:38 AM

Was told by a stats board HR that will inform me 2-3 weeks later for second interview.
Does that mean I don’t have hope?

Unregistered 29-11-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102536)
Was told by a stats board HR that will inform me 2-3 weeks later for second interview.
Does that mean I don’t have hope?

no hope wont even inform you, good luck