Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 19-09-2019 04:06 PM

I see, have they contacted you for 2nd round yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123500)
No, I did a 6-question test when I went down.

Unregistered 19-09-2019 05:53 PM

I applied for a job. The application deadline was 7 Sept. however, the job advert resurfaced again yesterday. I checked my status but it’s still “Submitted”. May I know if I’m rejected automatically?

Unregistered 23-09-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123540)
I applied for a job. The application deadline was 7 Sept. however, the job advert resurfaced again yesterday. I checked my status but it’s still “Submitted”. May I know if I’m rejected automatically?

For some job agencies they do not update the status. I have recently gone for an interview, the status is still “submitted”

Unregistered 23-09-2019 07:03 PM

I went for interview last month and was told that I would get the results in 1-2 weeks(both offer/rejection). However no word from them till now. Called HR, hr said they were still processing. Not sure what to do next 😞

Unregistered 23-09-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123616)
I went for interview last month and was told that I would get the results in 1-2 weeks(both offer/rejection). However no word from them till now. Called HR, hr said they were still processing. Not sure what to do next 😞

I’d keep looking in the meantime, there’s a small chance you will get the offer (based off previous anecdotes here) but the same thing happened to me and I didn’t get it. When I did eventually get a verbal offer from HR it took place within 3 days.

Unregistered 24-09-2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123616)

Same here, I was told that I would get results in 3-4 weeks. After 4 weeks, I didn't receive anything, and I thought of giving up. Until about 1 month later I received the verbal offer.

Below is a summary of my timeline

29 May: Application
3 July: Invitation for interview on 9 July
9 July: Interview
10 Sept: Verbal offer call
13 Sept: Verbal offer confirmation call
21 Sept: Signing of contract

I'm not sure if I was lucky or something, but don't give up!

Unregistered 24-09-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123621)
I’d keep looking in the meantime, there’s a small chance you will get the offer (based off previous anecdotes here) but the same thing happened to me and I didn’t get it. When I did eventually get a verbal offer from HR it took place within 3 days.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Unregistered 24-09-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123627)
Same here, I was told that I would get results in 3-4 weeks. After 4 weeks, I didn't receive anything, and I thought of giving up. Until about 1 month later I received the verbal offer.

Below is a summary of my timeline

29 May: Application
3 July: Invitation for interview on 9 July
9 July: Interview
10 Sept: Verbal offer call
13 Sept: Verbal offer confirmation call
21 Sept: Signing of contract

I'm not sure if I was lucky or something, but don't give up!

Thanks! Keeping a positive mind! BTW did you send any emails to get status updates from HR?

Unregistered 24-09-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123641)
Thanks! Keeping a positive mind! BTW did you send any emails to get status updates from HR?

I didn't because I was still applying for new jobs while waiting, so I just let it be. If it will come, it will come.

Unregistered 24-09-2019 08:30 PM

Have anyone successfully convert to perm staff from those temp contract?

Heard nowadays temp staff headcount are park under those external recruitment agency and they won't consider to convert you to perm after contact ends