Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 01-07-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140444)
Hi guys, wondering if it’s normal to wait over 2 months after verbal offer for a written offer? This is for a ministry not in defence field. Hr keeps promising one deadline and then exceeding said deadline, says they’re still processing. How likely is it for a verbal offer to be retracted?

I worry about this too, because my medical appointment was suddenly cancelled and changed to filling up a form instead

Unregistered 01-07-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140460)
hi guys, is it normal that HR/hiring managers have yet to make a decision 2 months after interview?

not normal

Unregistered 03-07-2020 12:37 PM

Does PUB gives out AWS (13 month bonus)?

Unregistered 04-07-2020 01:20 PM

Reapply

Anyone met with a suitation whereby you have cleared all the supposed interviews and clearance, thereafter you turn down the contract due to very valid health reason (eg. major operation).

They relisted the appointment recently, and my doctor gave me a clean bill of health. I was wondering what are the chances of my reapplication for the appointment? Will i actually still be considered?

Side note: when i turn down the offer, it ended on a pretty good note. no any sour feelings between both parties.

Unregistered 04-07-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140876)
Anyone met with a suitation whereby you have cleared all the supposed interviews and clearance, thereafter you turn down the contract due to very valid health reason (eg. major operation).

They relisted the appointment recently, and my doctor gave me a clean bill of health. I was wondering what are the chances of my reapplication for the appointment? Will i actually still be considered?

Side note: when i turn down the offer, it ended on a pretty good note. no any sour feelings between both parties.

Call HR to check if the previous offer still stands.

Unregistered 04-07-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140892)
Call HR to check if the previous offer still stands.

Just wondering, usually what are the chances man? Like will they offer again even😕 dropped them a mail liaow

Unregistered 04-07-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140909)
Just wondering, usually what are the chances man? Like will they offer again even😕 dropped them a mail liaow

Since u said didnt end on sour note it should be fine but I doubt former offer will still stand. U may have to apply and go through the interview process again as there may be candidates that are better than u this time round. Also Depends on dept headcount.

Unregistered 05-07-2020 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140911)
Since u said didnt end on sour note it should be fine but I doubt former offer will still stand. U may have to apply and go through the interview process again as there may be candidates that are better than u this time round. Also Depends on dept headcount.

Yes. I figured that too 😕

Unregistered 06-07-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140464)
I worry about this too, because my medical appointment was suddenly cancelled and changed to filling up a form instead

I faced the same situation too. May I know what did you apply for?

Unregistered 06-07-2020 04:36 PM

Was requested to provide current salary info and details for HR to prepare the salary package. Does anyone know approximately how long would this stage take? A week? Thanks!