Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141082)
Was requested to provide current salary info and details for HR to prepare the salary package. Does anyone know approximately how long would this stage take? A week? Thanks!

I heard back in 2 days with a proposed salary range.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141082)
Was requested to provide current salary info and details for HR to prepare the salary package. Does anyone know approximately how long would this stage take? A week? Thanks!

I think every employers have different timelines. It can be days, weeks or months as I have seen in this thread.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133918)
Anyone with experience on HTX interview process?

Just had my 2nd interview last Tuesday. They did mention that they’ll get back within 1-2 weeks. However based on some posts in this thread it seems that the chances of getting the job gets lower as time goes by? Wondering if anyone who applied for HTX had some experiences on this?

Any news on this ?

Unregistered 08-07-2020 11:25 AM

Is it normal for HR to ask for your latest payslip (compulsory) before the interview?

Unregistered 08-07-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141310)
Is it normal for HR to ask for your latest payslip (compulsory) before the interview?

I think it's normal. Encountered twice.

Unregistered 08-07-2020 10:03 PM

How to sense if the hiring manager would like to hire you?
If they talked with you like 1 hour, manrtioned you OK, in the end said wait HR, within 2 weeks.

Will HR inform me if I'm not selected?

Unregistered 09-07-2020 01:11 PM

The government sector appears to punish those who make any mistake in their career. I joined a stat board at the start of this year but it turns out to be the wrong job fit and went to apply for jobs after 3 months. Every interview the panel will say I job hop even after I explained the reason for looking out and reject me. Like that is no one allowed to make a mistake? Then they have to suffer at the wrong company for how many more months or years then is more politically correct to look again?

Unregistered 09-07-2020 01:46 PM

if i am asked to do a health questionnaire, does it mean high chance of getting offered?

Unregistered 09-07-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141356)
How to sense if the hiring manager would like to hire you?
If they talked with you like 1 hour, manrtioned you OK, in the end said wait HR, within 2 weeks.

Will HR inform me if I'm not selected?

They always inform me if I am rejected after interview.

Unregistered 09-07-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141387)
The government sector appears to punish those who make any mistake in their career. I joined a stat board at the start of this year but it turns out to be the wrong job fit and went to apply for jobs after 3 months. Every interview the panel will say I job hop even after I explained the reason for looking out and reject me. Like that is no one allowed to make a mistake? Then they have to suffer at the wrong company for how many more months or years then is more politically correct to look again?

Obviously for your case, the HR thinks you could be a good fit hence you are invited for the interview.

However, it is the actualy department who rejected you.

I would say not all departments are like that, and you should keep trying.

Good luck and god speed.