Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 24-09-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123627)
Same here, I was told that I would get results in 3-4 weeks. After 4 weeks, I didn't receive anything, and I thought of giving up. Until about 1 month later I received the verbal offer.

Below is a summary of my timeline

29 May: Application
3 July: Invitation for interview on 9 July
9 July: Interview
10 Sept: Verbal offer call
13 Sept: Verbal offer confirmation call
21 Sept: Signing of contract

I'm not sure if I was lucky or something, but don't give up!

Which min or SB if i may ask?

Unregistered 25-09-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123615)
For some job agencies they do not update the status. I have recently gone for an interview, the status is still “submitted”

Some hr don't really bother to update the status as it is not compulsory-- i had application since last year as submitted/in process.

Unregistered 25-09-2019 05:54 PM

Advice

Hi guys, would like to seek your opinion on this:

June 7 - Application
June 28 - Interview
July 5 - 2nd Interview
July 15 - receive call from HR about reference check
Contacted HR 2 weeks later & again after 2 weeks.

They said is still in process -- same as C@G status. Up till now, no news at all so is it considered as unsuccessful?

Unregistered 25-09-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123652)

It's a min, but I won't say which one for now

Unregistered 25-09-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123652)

Sometime late call is because ur not their first choice.. 1st choice might have rejected the offer for what so ever reason.. probably ur 2nd or 3rd choice option thats y call came in super long after the interview..

Unregistered 26-09-2019 02:01 PM

Hi, slightly unrelated topic, but does anyone know how long does Public Service Leadership Programme (PSLP) take to get back to you after the first round (i.e. between first and second round; second and third round)?

Unregistered 08-10-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123681)
Sometime late call is because ur not their first choice.. 1st choice might have rejected the offer for what so ever reason.. probably ur 2nd or 3rd choice option thats y call came in super long after the interview..

i have also been waiting for more than a month now. I checked with hr, they mentioned that a decision has not been made yet. sometimes i wonder why they take so long to decide

Unregistered 08-10-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123919)
i have also been waiting for more than a month now. I checked with hr, they mentioned that a decision has not been made yet. sometimes i wonder why they take so long to decide

They won’t tell you over the phone but via email mostly if you’re rejected. 1 month is a long wait. If they are keen in you, you will get the call within a week or so. Probably you’re not their first choice candidate and that explains why they haven’t got back to you. But having said that, don’t give up and try other posts.

Unregistered 09-10-2019 11:59 AM

Hi, if I received verbal offer already, and i replied yes. Is it mostly confirmed already? Or is it still 50/50? Should be mostly confirmed right?

Unregistered 10-10-2019 10:43 AM

Hi, I have been invited for a second interview with a ministry. Their DS is sitting in the interview. Would anybody be able to advise or have any tips on job interview with DS of a ministry? In my previous job interview before getting an offer, the final round was only usually interviewed by the Group Director. Thanks.