Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 13-11-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101728)
Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me on how long the contract teaching stint for untrained teachers is?

I notice that applicants who apply in March window may enter NIE in Dec the same year but those who apply during the June and Sept window only start school in Dec the following year.
So do they continue contract teaching while waiting for commencement of NIE programme or..?

Thanks in advance!

NIE only has 1 intake now, in Dec. If you are posted to the school in July/August, the school may send you to NIE that year in Dec if they decide you are ready. Else, be prepared to wait until next year.

Yes, they will do contract teaching while waiting for NIE to start.

Unregistered 13-11-2017 10:33 PM

Can anyone advice how does an in-service teacher get more details about the connect plan?

Unregistered 14-11-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101771)
Can anyone advice how does an in-service teacher get more details about the connect plan?

can check the intranet or hrms

Unregistered 14-11-2017 07:35 PM

Connect Plan

Receiving my first connect plan payout this year. Been looking for more information in the internet but most of it is just a table with the amount, with quantum payout and quantum retention ( what are these??)

I would like to check how much of the first payout will be given out and how much is retained. Anyone with any information?

Unregistered 14-11-2017 11:59 PM

Can probably ignore the annual quantum info - I find it irrelevant as the only thing that actually affects us is the actual schedule of payment. Believe the supposedly accumulated amounts are forfeited if you leave service, so don't know what the purpose of showing the info is (maybe if it's pro-rated if you take NPL?).

When you look in HR Online on the intranet (as someone else suggested previously) you should be able to find another table with the years and quantums of payout. If you go to Pac@Gov you should also be able to find info on the coming CONNECT payout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101792)
Receiving my first connect plan payout this year. Been looking for more information in the internet but most of it is just a table with the amount, with quantum payout and quantum retention ( what are these??)

I would like to check how much of the first payout will be given out and how much is retained. Anyone with any information?

Unregistered 15-11-2017 07:07 AM

Connect Plan

Hey, thanks for the info. Managed to find the relevant info for Connect Plan. First payout not really that much after the misc deductions. Oh well, better than nothing. Now just have to pray for a better Year End bonus to end the year on a good note.

Luvior 17-11-2017 02:22 PM

Hi, just wondering if MOE accept fresh grad from SIM UOL? Does SRE experience help with the MOE-NIE application?

Unregistered 18-11-2017 10:47 AM

FUll fee paying PGDE student

Dear all, I am a 28f full time tutor for the past 10years. I am looking to apply for PGDE as a full fee paying student. I’d like to know more details about it if anyone knows? Do I have to go for interview at MOE if I’m not going to be bonded?

Unregistered 20-11-2017 10:28 AM

Bypass cherry

Hi guys,

i would like to get an advice on teaching tuition while teaching under MOE.

I noticed on the contract that no part time/ additional business is allowed. However, it googled and most sources say teachers can teach a maximum of 6h of tuition a week. My assignments only take up 5h per week. Does this mean I can continue teaching?

Unregistered 21-11-2017 05:43 AM

anybody feeling stress and waiting to quit?

colleague resigned

always feeling happy when colleague resign because they have the courage