Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 05-08-2021 10:49 PM

having one of the biggest if nt the biggest employees ie 30k, its easy to see why CS/PS can makan teachers. Irony...you would think they would listen more when there's more in numbers....

Unregistered 06-08-2021 01:14 AM

How to get selected for the FHQ

I知 not a scholar. Just normal grad. Taught for 5 years. Average grade C and some C+. A colleague of mine got selected for the Facilitated HQ posting. How can I also get selected? Thanks!

Unregistered 06-08-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179421)
I知 not a scholar. Just normal grad. Taught for 5 years. Average grade C and some C+. A colleague of mine got selected for the Facilitated HQ posting. How can I also get selected? Thanks!

I think it's highly selective. One person I saw selected was a consistent B-grader, with high CEP.

Instead of wondering and waiting, why not apply during Open Posting instead? :)

Unregistered 06-08-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179428)
I think it's highly selective. One person I saw selected was a consistent B-grader, with high CEP.

Instead of wondering and waiting, why not apply during Open Posting instead? :)

Thank you. I値l apply the next time round then.

Unregistered 07-08-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179439)
Thank you. I値l apply the next time round then.

Apply is one thing, get shortlisted for interview is another.

Getting the offer is the final thing.

Unregistered 07-08-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179337)
I think MOE really need to relook at how they treat teachers.

Train teachers in mental health counselling? Nani??? Why not hire someone with a Masters in Counselling or someone who is actually a professional in mental health?

Let teachers be teachers.

It's very dumb. Think of it this way -

if our student is physically unwell, we don't think twice about sending them to the doctor, telling the parents to send them to the doctor, or even call an ambulance if it is an emergency. Because in school, none of us are medical professionals. We need to send them to a clinical practicioner to get their illness 'fixed'.

If our student is suspected to be mentally unwell, why does our SOP prevent us from strongly urging parents to send them to a mental health professional? Why do we want to place the responsibility of being a mental health professional on our teachers, who are not trained and qualified to play that role? Why can't we send the children to an actual clinical practicioner to get the mental illness treated?

Simple..
because our Stone Age system still does not recognise mental illness as a real illness. We only recognise physical illness as real illnesses. The system is designed with the assumption that mental illnesses can be fixed if the individual simply adjusts their own mindset. And our Stone Age senior management and political leaders don't see a need to effect a big paradigm shift that addresses the root of the problem.

They are just putting more and more band-aids on the problem.

Unregistered 07-08-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179421)

Hello thanks for sharing - may I ask what is the annual salary you are receiving, thanks!

Unregistered 08-08-2021 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179552)
Hello thanks for sharing - may I ask what is the annual salary you are receiving, thanks!

Around 4.5

Unregistered 08-08-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179581)
Around 4.5

That's odd - forummers here are saying that average salary at this level / YOE should be 5 - 5.5k???

Unregistered 08-08-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179592)
That's odd - forummers here are saying that average salary at this level / YOE should be 5 - 5.5k???

Depends on whether you got promoted to GEO4 lor. If mainly C/C+ should still be GEO3. Difference in promo and merit increment accounts for the diff