Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 16-09-2020 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145626)
What if I kenna 2 C- in a row, does that mean no promotion for 6 years from the first C-?
Also will I be put on probation?

Most likely can say goodbye to your job.

Unregistered 16-09-2020 04:55 PM

Just to confirm...every year during ranking, every school must somehow choose a small percentage of teachers to give C- and D grades?

Unregistered 16-09-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145613)
What would you consider to be high stake projects then?

Broadly speaking, anything that has cohort-level impact and above (can also be school-level or cluster-level). I’m guessing that anything more specific will depend on the context of your school and the perception of your school leaders.

Unregistered 16-09-2020 09:01 PM

If i'm not wrong, if no D graders, then 7% of the lowest performers is C- or if got D graders then I think is 3 or 5% will have D or C-.

Unregistered 16-09-2020 11:01 PM

Regarding getting C- means no promotion for three years.

I have gotten C- before. The year right after, B and promoted.

So, not true.

Unregistered 17-09-2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145660)
Just to confirm...every year during ranking, every school must somehow choose a small percentage of teachers to give C- and D grades?

yes, and then nationwide to all schools to have final ranking

Unregistered 17-09-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145528)
Just wondering , with covid 19 now, do we need to remove mask during job interview at MOE?

Hi I went for an interview recently. Before entering the room, you will be wearing shield and mask. The shield is provided. You sanitise your hands and take the shield from a plastic box. Then when you are about to enter the interview room, you will be told to remove your mask. The presentation and interview will be done with shield on ONLY.

Interviewers are all seated quite far apart.

Unregistered 20-09-2020 02:45 PM

Hi guys, looking for advice on becoming a teacher in MOE.

I’m currently an ECDA certified teacher with a diploma in EC. I’m looking to cross over and becoming a primary school teacher. Is DipEd the only path I have if I did not do exceptionally well in my previous diploma program? I assume it’s hard to get into the BA scheme unless I did well (there’s no IGP for the course in terms of poly GPA so I can’t compare either).

If I were to pursue DipEd, I’d like to be an arts teacher. Anyone has any info in terms of salary for that?

Thanks!

weis 20-09-2020 06:08 PM

Hi, I would like to seek some advice. If I were to pursue the teaching track, do you think it is a must to study a master in NIE?

Guestsjfir f 20-09-2020 10:50 PM

Teaching track

Quote:

Originally Posted by weis (Post 145944)
Hi, I would like to seek some advice. If I were to pursue the teaching track, do you think it is a must to study a master in NIE?

I have seen senior teachers without masters... but if you really want to progress beyond that, the knowledge that comes with the masters will come in handy... and also the network the you form...

Many people view masters as an opportunity to get more knowledge... while it is true... i think more importantly, the process of learning how to think and approach a problem is more impt...