Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 09-08-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179679)
If you are into teaching for the money, please look for private or group tuition.

I doubt you will even clear the interview. These days extremely competitive to be even shortlisted for interviews.

Very well said - could you share what is the driving force behind you pursuing a career in public teaching?

Unregistered 09-08-2021 08:41 PM

Fhq

Can anyone share when will the notice to go into HQ for FHQ posting come in?

Unregistered 09-08-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179698)
A
B
C+
C
C-
D

C to C+ is what the majority will be getting

I have gotten nothing but C- and D grades consistently for the past 4 years of teaching. Any potential repurcussions I should be watching out for?

Unregistered 09-08-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179744)
I have gotten nothing but C- and D grades consistently for the past 4 years of teaching. Any potential repurcussions I should be watching out for?

Won’t be sacked right? Just curious.

Unregistered 09-08-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179742)
Can anyone share when will the notice to go into HQ for FHQ posting come in?

November usually

Unregistered 10-08-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179754)
Won’t be sacked right? Just curious.

According to MOE, C- is still considered a good grade.

Unregistered 10-08-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179744)

Huh? Are you serious? Didn't your RO speak to you about it?

You can't apply for open posting nor closed posting. If you are looking forward to promotion, it will not happen anytime soon till you move out of C-/D for consecutive 3 years, then you will be considered for promotion. With adverse grade like this, you will not be reemployed as flexi adjunct say you decided to quit

Unregistered 10-08-2021 10:01 AM

I’m a FAJT for around 1 year in the same school. How are my chances of rejoining as a full time teacher?

Unregistered 10-08-2021 10:39 AM

Hi i used to be a flexi and recently converted to perm. I heard now it's v hard to be selected for interviews I tried 3 time and I am lucky that my ex p recommended me and therefore I have the chances to be back. Having said that now I am on a local contract for 2.4yrs before I am cosider a perm. And in this 2.5yrs my ranking is suppose to be at least a C grade .these 2 yrs I am.not entitled to connect or promotion. A x tbh I am abit regret to come back. Yeah so hope this help

Unregistered 10-08-2021 10:43 AM

Yes C-and D they will not even consider u as a relief . I got D once cos I was pregnant and had to bed rest and they gave me a D. It's been many many yrs later then I realised that they cannot even give D cos I was ok maternity leave!