Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 25-03-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210281)
But their cap is much higher I believe? For teachers without any position, it is possible to hit the salary ceiling less than 20 yrs in service. If one joined the service in early 20s, he would have maxed out by 40s but retirement is still a long way. Imagine being stagnant for the next 20 years?

theres where the connect plan comes in to give teachers incentive.

Unregistered 25-03-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210281)
But their cap is much higher I believe? For teachers without any position, it is possible to hit the salary ceiling less than 20 yrs in service. If one joined the service in early 20s, he would have maxed out by 40s but retirement is still a long way. Imagine being stagnant for the next 20 years?

Story of my life!
Also, CONNECT plan is nothing if you compare to uniform groups…also nothin if you KP with good grade…every yr is a connect payout come March PB

Unregistered 25-03-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210286)
Story of my life!
Also, CONNECT plan is nothing if you compare to uniform groups…also nothin if you KP with good grade…every yr is a connect payout come March PB

I disagree. You can't never compare to uniform service salary as they have a cap on their service age, which is 50 for officers and 55 for WOs. Those who are not SAF scholars usually take a huge paycut when finding jobs in the outside world after mandatory retirement.

Unregistered 25-03-2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Story of my life!

uniform includes risk, you want those risk as well?

not teacher 25-03-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210264)
Besides there's a surplus of teachers. There's basically zero incentives for MOE to adjust salary. They rather you quit.

There's a surplus of teachers!? Then why isn't MOE looking at further reducing class sizes?

Unregistered 25-03-2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Story of my life!

KP's PB is not as much as you think especially given the amount of time put in

Unregistered 25-03-2022 05:27 PM

Anyone knows how much is the increment from geo2 to geo3? Heard that it used to be close to 1k but recent years only 500 due to poor economy. Anyone can share?

Unregistered 25-03-2022 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not teacher (Post 210292)
There's a surplus of teachers!? Then why isn't MOE looking at further reducing class sizes?

surplus of teacher equates to? I think its not equal for all subjects .

Unregistered 25-03-2022 06:50 PM

Surplus for math and science, shortage for languages and humanities. Perennial problem of high marking load for language teachers. Worse if you do English and history for example. Such subjects often have a high turnover rate

Unregistered 25-03-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210308)
Anyone knows how much is the increment from geo2 to geo3? Heard that it used to be close to 1k but recent years only 500 due to poor economy. Anyone can share?

What are you smoking bro? I received a 600 increment when promoted back in 2020