Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 02-06-2019 02:58 PM

All ladies >.<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 119802)
Same batch right? I don't know for sure, but any chance you're different gender from the friends you're comparing with? Have noticed that for my batch, the guys seem to be getting Oct promotion while the ladies get Apr. No idea why.

Unregistered 06-06-2019 03:59 AM

How long to promote?

I am a Geo 2 currently.
I entered the force in 2015 June.
However, in 2017 (still a BT then, third year by right), I got a C-.
In 2018, I got C+ for PB.
Can I know if I will get the news for promotion in 2019?

Someone told me my C- will delay by 3 years means in 2021 will I get the news for promotion and be promoted. Is that true? I was still a BT then and was never promoted before.... Will it affect me so badly? I am going into my 5Th year in 2020. I really don't wish to get the news in 2021. Any way will I be able to quicken my promotion if it will really have to delay by 3 years?

Unregistered 06-06-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120045)
I am a Geo 2 currently.

Someone told me my C- will delay by 3 years means in 2021 will I get the news for promotion and be promoted. Is that true? I was still a BT then and was never promoted before.... Will it affect me so badly? I am going into my 5Th year in 2020. I really don't wish to get the news in 2021. Any way will I be able to quicken my promotion if it will really have to delay by 3 years?

Try fixing an appointment with your SL and ask them for advice. I think officers have to take intitiative for their own career planning. Don’t just rely on forums. I think there is no fix answer.

Unregistered 06-06-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120066)
Try fixing an appointment with your SL and ask them for advice. I think officers have to take intitiative for their own career planning. Don’t just rely on forums. I think there is no fix answer.

I did... I spoke to my ROs and SLs but no answers. They just say you need to work harder to justify yourself. I revamped a project in my school, I tried to get my CCA to collaborate with external organization for external performances etc...

I am asking here because I am worried and am hoping for an advice...

Unregistered 06-06-2019 11:48 PM

What is the default cep for degree holder Teachers? And do anyone have the salary range for the various grades I.e. GEO, SEO? Assuming one retires at default cep, what is expected annual income?

Unregistered 07-06-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120072)
I did... I spoke to my ROs and SLs but no answers. They just say you need to work harder to justify yourself. I revamped a project in my school, I tried to get my CCA to collaborate with external organization for external performances etc...

I am asking here because I am worried and am hoping for an advice...

There is no clear-cut answer on when one will be promoted. Focus on doing your job well and when it comes, it comes. If it doesn't come, don't be overly upset. I am sure that if you will reap the fruit of labour, be it through PB or other forms of recognition. Just keep in mind how you ended up with a C- when you were a BT and not to repeat the mistakes. Btw, it is not about the number of projects that you do. Think about how you have value-add to the organisation. At your grade, T&L will be your bread and butter.

Unregistered 07-06-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120045)
I am a Geo 2 currently.

Unfortunately, yes a C- will set you back by 3 years.. This was clearly stated by our SL

Unregistered 07-06-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120082)
What is the default cep for degree holder Teachers? And do anyone have the salary range for the various grades I.e. GEO, SEO? Assuming one retires at default cep, what is expected annual income?

Another hopeful applicant who wishes to come in for the wrong reasons... It's tough to get into teaching now...

In recent years those who got in are really the cream of the crop.

Unregistered 09-06-2019 10:58 AM

Take some time to look at older posts (or try Googling) and you'll find some indicative figures.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120082)

Unregistered 09-06-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120163)
Take some time to look at older posts (or try Googling) and you'll find some indicative figures.

Can you do it for me?