Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 28-08-2018 07:01 PM

Honest Question

May I check?

Is it true that if a school P receives a consecutive D/E for two consecutive staff climate survey, he/she will be sent back to HQ for retraining?

Unregistered 28-08-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109914)
May I check?

Is it true that if a school P receives a consecutive D/E for two consecutive staff climate survey, he/she will be sent back to HQ for retraining?

False. He will be applauded as he did not rule the school with an iron fist, and hence staff are willing to voice out their true concerns

Usually A grade = teachers are too scared been an anonymous survey

Unregistered 29-08-2018 08:50 PM

Hi, I'm just curious, how is ranking by the KPs and SLs usually done in a school?

Is there some way they use to compare between staff of the same grade?

Unregistered 29-08-2018 10:22 PM

In theory, the Key Results Areas (as reflected in your EPMS - think there are more detailed versions elsewhere) are a good guideline for this.

In practice, the panel is ultimately composed of humans and they will judge officers based on whatever information they have available - it's probably an interaction of how the officers are represented (by RO and others in the panel), existing impressions, and various other miscellaneous factors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109945)
Hi, I'm just curious, how is ranking by the KPs and SLs usually done in a school?

Is there some way they use to compare between staff of the same grade?

Princess&thepopstar 30-08-2018 08:06 AM

Updates on school counsellor

Hello,

It's end of August now. Anyone who applied for the school counsellor position in Jun/ Jul and has gone through interviews yet?

Happy teachers day!!

Unregistered 01-09-2018 01:32 AM

Pay after PGDE

Hello, I was wondering whether there will be an increase in salary after a student-teacher graduates from NIE-PGDE? Does anyone know?

Unregistered 01-09-2018 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109914)
May I check?

Yup its true. Happened to a colleague of mine.. The P was cold storaged to some HQ dept.. And very jialat.

Unregistered 01-09-2018 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109917)
False. He will be applauded as he did not rule the school with an iron fist, and hence staff are willing to voice out their true concerns

Usually A grade = teachers are too scared been an anonymous survey

You are not a teacher then...

Unregistered 01-09-2018 04:39 PM

Yes. Think about 1-2 increments.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109980)
Hello, I was wondering whether there will be an increase in salary after a student-teacher graduates from NIE-PGDE? Does anyone know?

Unregistered 02-09-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109947)
In theory, the Key Results Areas (as reflected in your EPMS - think there are more detailed versions elsewhere) are a good guideline for this.

In practice, the panel is ultimately composed of humans and they will judge officers based on whatever information they have available - it's probably an interaction of how the officers are represented (by RO and others in the panel), existing impressions, and various other miscellaneous factors.

So technically, is it safe and fair to say that if you have a good RO, and also to put it bluntly, those who bootlick their RO, will have a higher performance grade?