Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 19-10-2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124228)
add 200 after probation
add mid 200 every year (varies, criteria unknown)
upper C about 1.5 to 2.0 (yes, upper C still got range, normal C range is 1.25-1.5)

so for me

12 mths salary
13th mth 'salary'
mid year about 0.5
end year about 1.0 (if economy normal), else 0.5 is possible.
Performance bonus 1.5

total 16 months sounds about right. at least 14 to 15 mths if economy bad or performance cui (1.2) or super cui (zero)

disclaimer. my own experience. maybe now they changed policy on how increment works or now start off with lower starting pay.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Unregistered 21-10-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124201)
able to share the salary they quoted? and for which community? (HR, Logistics, Cyber etc.) since this is anon forum. hope you dont mind sharing. Just to get a sensing on current new entrants and see where i stand. yet.

i got offered 3.9k, 3-4 years ago. Male with NS. Local Uni with pass degree. and i heard they were low balling since last year. probably budget constrains. current salary is 5k+ without promotion. upper C grader.

Btw, regarding your qn, i got rejected for first interview and they called me to offer another position and got selected for interview after 1-2 weeks. so yes they do keep your profile if favourable.

HR called to give me an estimate of 3.5k and I have applied for HR position. My previous experience was customer related. Passed with merit degree; no NS. But that is not a confirmed figure hoping they can offer more if I passed the first interview. Surely from what you have described, I think I have been low-balled lol. Were you fresh graduate when you joined?

Any idea what HR positions are based in CMPB?

Unregistered 22-10-2019 04:23 PM

applied on mid sept, received an email for document submission after 3 days, it has been 1 month past since i submitted the doc, no calls/email for interview or PT,, will there be a rejection email send out, or silent treatment?
Position applied: HR executive.

Unregistered 22-10-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124302)
HR called to give me an estimate of 3.5k and I have applied for HR position. My previous experience was customer related. Passed with merit degree; no NS. But that is not a confirmed figure hoping they can offer more if I passed the first interview. Surely from what you have described, I think I have been low-balled lol. Were you fresh graduate when you joined?

Is this executive or mgr post may I ask?

Unregistered 23-10-2019 07:45 AM

Applied last week but have not heard back except for the auto-generated acknowledgement email. Anyone here experienced the same? Getting a bit worried as most indicate they get invitation for PT quite fast after application. TIA.

Unregistered 23-10-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

i was a fresh graduate.

3.5k seems fair for no NS. with NS, usually they will give 300 more based on my observations. around 100 more for each class of degree. If your previous experience has no relation to the HR job you are applying, then no benefit is given.

CMPB probably has finance, HR, research, Pub relations depts.

Unregistered 23-10-2019 12:26 PM

Just received not further shortlisted. Haiz waste of time.

Unregistered 23-10-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

ns is worth about 200-300.

i think 3.5 sounds right for the current market. where is your degree from - with honours?

Unregistered 24-10-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124385)
i was a fresh graduate.

3.5k seems fair for no NS. with NS, usually they will give 300 more based on my observations. around 100 more for each class of degree. If your previous experience has no relation to the HR job you are applying, then no benefit is given.

CMPB probably has finance, HR, research, Pub relations depts.

Attended first interview and I was told that it is not exactly a HR position but more customer related.
Three other candidates were present as well.
I hoping they can offer a more comprehensive package given that the location is quite far. Fingers crossed...

I applied for their manager role.

Convenient to share if you are based in CMPB?

Unregistered 24-10-2019 04:20 PM

What is the longest wait between unit preview and being offered? I have been waited for 3 weeks after unit preview but no news and I did not receive any rejection email. Is there still chance?

Unregistered 24-10-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124434)
What is the longest wait between unit preview and being offered? I have been waited for 3 weeks after unit preview but no news and I did not receive any rejection email. Is there still chance?

I think 6 or 7 weeks for me lol then after the successful selection another 1mth + of wait

Unregistered 24-10-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124436)
I think 6 or 7 weeks for me lol then after the successful selection another 1mth + of wait

Wa that was quite long. I emailed HR but no response from them. The issue is I have a job offer now but thinking whether to accept.

Unregistered 24-10-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124437)
Wa that was quite long. I emailed HR but no response from them. The issue is I have a job offer now but thinking whether to accept.

try extend the offer? I think apply dxo quite hard to concurrently find other jobs ehh since the wait will be long unless u get rejected

Unregistered 24-10-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124439)
try extend the offer? I think apply dxo quite hard to concurrently find other jobs ehh since the wait will be long unless u get rejected

Yeap i try to ask. Actually this is my 4th week after unit preview. Is rejection usually faster like not even up to a month?

Unregistered 25-10-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124440)
Yeap i try to ask. Actually this is my 4th week after unit preview. Is rejection usually faster like not even up to a month?

This one really hard to say... but so far seems like no news is a good news. if u really into becoming dxo i suggest you continue to wait first and just keep applying if u couldnt get in.

Unregistered 25-10-2019 03:25 PM

Waiting game.

Hi, anyone went to psychometric test on 3rd oct & yet to received any news back? Been waiting & not sure if should wait longet for responds from mindef?

Unregistered 25-10-2019 04:07 PM

Have you tried contacting the HR? What position did u apply?

Unregistered 25-10-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124440)

Depends on how many person went for unit preview.

Unregistered 26-10-2019 12:10 PM

Freelance/ affiliate marketing

Hi guys, im a software engineer in one of the stats board and am thinking of doing some freelance or affiliate marketing during my free time. Is it allowed? It wont affect my daily work but is it considered moonlighting or do I just have to declare to HR?

Unregistered 29-10-2019 03:44 AM

Since it is already submitted earlier on, does anyone know if it is required to bring resume for the interview?

Unregistered 30-10-2019 01:31 PM

=D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124535)
Since it is already submitted earlier on, does anyone know if it is required to bring resume for the interview?

Nope, it is not needed

Unregistered 30-10-2019 01:33 PM

=D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124456)
This one really hard to say... but so far seems like no news is a good news. if u really into becoming dxo i suggest you continue to wait first and just keep applying if u couldnt get in.

While normally, no news is good news. It also mean you are not first choice for the roles...if the first person reject or fail the remaining test, then they will come back to you, hence it take so long for some people

Unregistered 30-10-2019 11:29 PM

Life as dxo

I signing my contract soon after a long wait 😁 anyone care to share how life is as a dxo?

Unregistered 31-10-2019 08:45 AM

=D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124587)
I signing my contract soon after a long wait 😁 anyone care to share how life is as a dxo?

Possible to share how is your application journey ?

Unregistered 31-10-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124587)

culture depends on where your office is and your role.

where will you be based?

Unregistered 01-11-2019 11:24 AM

Anyone here had the experience (or heard of instances) of being called up for PT or interview more than 2 weeks after application? It has been 2 weeks since I applied and nothing heard...

Unregistered 01-11-2019 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;124614]Anyone here had the experience (or heard of instances) of being called up for PT or interview more than 2 weeks after application? It has been 2 weeks since I applied and nothing heard...[what did you apply?]

Unregistered 04-11-2019 12:01 PM

hi everyone, i just started work as a dxo recently. have been following this thread ever since i submitted my application and learned quite a bit. thought i should also contribute by sharing my personal timeline:

T+0: submitted application
T+1 week: received email from HR to attend psychometric test (test dates given are between T+3 weeks to T+5 weeks)
T+4 weeks: went for psychometric test at DTTB
T+5 weeks: informed by HR (through phone + email follow up) that i was shortlisted for interview
T+6 weeks: went for interview at DTTB (had to do some written tests before the interview)
T+8 weeks: informed by prospective RO (through phone) and subsequently HR (through phone + email follow up) to attend site preview
T+9 weeks: went for site preview (received verbal confirmation of offer from prospective RO during site preview)
T+10 weeks: received verbal offer from HR with ballpark salary + scheduling of medical examination
T+11 weeks: went for medical examination at CMPB
T+13 weeks: recieved offical offer from HR + scheduling of contract signing
T+14 weeks: went to sign contract at DTTB

Unregistered 04-11-2019 03:49 PM

Usually after 2 weeks they do not reply, u can treat it as unsuccessful.
This is indicated in acknowledgment email.

Unregistered 04-11-2019 04:19 PM

Interview

Anyone here had their PT on 23 Oct been called up for interview?

Unregistered 05-11-2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124681)
hi everyone, i just started work as a dxo recently. have been following this thread ever since i submitted my application and learned quite a bit. thought i should also contribute by sharing my personal timeline:

T+0: submitted application
T+1 week: received email from HR to attend psychometric test (test dates given are between T+3 weeks to T+5 weeks)
T+4 weeks: went for psychometric test at DTTB
T+5 weeks: informed by HR (through phone + email follow up) that i was shortlisted for interview
T+6 weeks: went for interview at DTTB (had to do some written tests before the interview)
T+8 weeks: informed by prospective RO (through phone) and subsequently HR (through phone + email follow up) to attend site preview
T+9 weeks: went for site preview (received verbal confirmation of offer from prospective RO during site preview)
T+10 weeks: received verbal offer from HR with ballpark salary + scheduling of medical examination
T+11 weeks: went for medical examination at CMPB
T+13 weeks: recieved offical offer from HR + scheduling of contract signing
T+14 weeks: went to sign contract at DTTB

Hi, may I know what kind of written test? Cybersec, IT?

Unregistered 06-11-2019 12:20 PM

had pt on 25 Oct but follow ups yet.

Unregistered 06-11-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124762)

sorry typo, I meant no follow up yet.

Unregistered 06-11-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124719)
Hi, may I know what kind of written test? Cybersec, IT?

there were two sections of essay questions.. one section was to test language skills (grammar, vocab, sentence structure).. the other section was on job-specific knowledge.. at least this was what i understood from my bosses subsequently..

Unregistered 07-11-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124762)

What did you apply for? I applied for procurement.

Unregistered 07-11-2019 01:45 PM

Second upper fresh grad pay?

Unregistered 07-11-2019 02:13 PM

If you are already a DXO, how do you apply for post grad scholarships?

Unregistered 07-11-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124764)
there were two sections of essay questions.. one section was to test language skills (grammar, vocab, sentence structure).. the other section was on job-specific knowledge.. at least this was what i understood from my bosses subsequently..

Thanks, sounds like policies related managers.

Unregistered 07-11-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124763)
sorry typo, I meant no follow up yet.

Likely i have seen you in the room. my test was on 25 Oct too. Sadly no calls or email from HR.

Unregistered 08-11-2019 10:50 AM

read from page 1 . from what I see from this forum.98% is degree holder.

I applied on 3 nov.diploma related job.local poly diploma.7yrs working experiences.for diploma I assume no PT right.

anyone has called up for an interview yet?