Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 17-11-2022 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235056)
Yeah man 1.5 hr then have to walk in 20 mins
The pay is good but not sure if I should take up given that the current job mar
Iis bad

Whoa that is far. I guess firstly it depends on your current situation (eg do you need to support your family). Then maybe weigh the pros and cons and see if the tradeoffs are worth it to you. Pay vs distance.

Ultimately the one doing the job is you; for some people they are willing to travel for the pay, for some it's a no no. Again it really depends on yourself so take some time to think about it.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235078)
Whoa that is far. I guess firstly it depends on your current situation (eg do you need to support your family). Then maybe weigh the pros and cons and see if the tradeoffs are worth it to you. Pay vs distance.

Ultimately the one doing the job is you; for some people they are willing to travel for the pay, for some it's a no no. Again it really depends on yourself so take some time to think about it.

totally agreed. I have been asking my friends and family about this too. All of them has asked me to take up this opportunity because the current job market is bad. Yes I have to pay up my uni school fees lol. almost 20k due next year

Unregistered 17-11-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235082)
totally agreed. I have been asking my friends and family about this too. All of them has asked me to take up this opportunity because the current job market is bad. Yes I have to pay up my uni school fees lol. almost 20k due next year

then again, dxo is a stable job... kinda not possible for them to retrench or sack you unless totally nvr do work. The lure is there....

Unregistered 18-11-2022 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235082)

Sad truth. Degrees are getting more and more expensive but in the end it's just an expensive piece of paper especially when you see the current job market. Employers want cheap workers but loans have to be paid and everyone has to eat.

Like the poster above said DXO is a stable job and it's good that they're paying above market rate which is quite rare for govt related. Btw make sure you understand the entire salary breakdown and not look at just the whole figure, they like to add allowance but when things go wrong the allowance is the first to go lol. But DXO should be fine cuz defense.

One thing to seriously consider tho is that once you enter there is a high chance that will be your entire career. It's why a lot of people advise fresh grads to look elsewhere if they want to learn and things can be slow due to lots of red tape etc. Plebs and scholars have different paths. If you can handle the army style then it should be ok since it's not crazy like say, IHIS.

Unregistered 18-11-2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235118)
Sad truth. Degrees are getting more and more expensive but in the end it's just an expensive piece of paper especially when you see the current job market. Employers want cheap workers but loans have to be paid and everyone has to eat.

Like the poster above said DXO is a stable job and it's good that they're paying above market rate which is quite rare for govt related. Btw make sure you understand the entire salary breakdown and not look at just the whole figure, they like to add allowance but when things go wrong the allowance is the first to go lol. But DXO should be fine cuz defense.

One thing to seriously consider tho is that once you enter there is a high chance that will be your entire career. It's why a lot of people advise fresh grads to look elsewhere if they want to learn and things can be slow due to lots of red tape etc. Plebs and scholars have different paths. If you can handle the army style then it should be ok since it's not crazy like say, IHIS.

fully agreed with you. I guess I would just accept the offer then. Was totally surprised that they considered me lol. In the meantime also to gain some relevant experience in the case i want to hop to private sector in the future lol

Unregistered 19-11-2022 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235118)

totally agree with what you said. I guess i will just take it and see how it goes. If really dislike the environment, I will still need to bare with it as I had to pay up my school fees.

Unregistered 19-11-2022 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234990)
hi i just got offer from mindef on a role, the pay was like 40% more in market rate do your think should take? the location abit far

whats the fresh grade market rate now?

heard is 4k.

so dxo now 5.6k?

Unregistered 19-11-2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235204)
whats the fresh grade market rate now?

heard is 4k.

so dxo now 5.6k?

nice...5.6k is a very impressive starting salary

Unregistered 19-11-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

hi i just got offer from mindef on a role, the pay was like 40% more in market rate do your think should take? the location abit far

You have first class honours issit?

Unregistered 20-11-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Lmao dude don't leave us hanging

Unregistered 21-11-2022 02:21 PM

DXO Payscale?

anyone can share the estimated current DXO payscale now? since public service went through a round of salary revision this year

Unregistered 21-11-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235345)
anyone can share the estimated current DXO payscale now? since public service went through a round of salary revision this year

I think there is an increase in the payscale. It will be a good time to enter public service now with the economic downturn

Unregistered 21-11-2022 05:30 PM

DXO Payscale

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235346)
I think there is an increase in the payscale. It will be a good time to enter public service now with the economic downturn

Hi can you give some numbers based on your understanding/experience?

DX9
DX10
DX11

Unregistered 21-11-2022 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235361)
Hi can you give some numbers based on your understanding/experience?

DX9
DX10
DX11

I think depends, firstly are you male or female?
because that also plays apart on the payscale
next, do you have relevant experience? if have you will get more ...

Unregistered 22-11-2022 10:27 AM

DXO Payscale

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235381)
I think depends, firstly are you male or female?
because that also plays apart on the payscale
next, do you have relevant experience? if have you will get more ...

are you able to share any generic numbers just for reference? assuming 2-6 of relevant work experience, male/female, good degree.. thanks! would be good to roughly know the current dxo market!

Unregistered 23-11-2022 12:52 PM

Anyone applied a role with Mindef and had receive the call for the first interview?

How long was the wait from application to the first phone call?

Unregistered 24-11-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235506)
Anyone applied a role with Mindef and had receive the call for the first interview?

How long was the wait from application to the first phone call?

nowadays is very fast one. if u dont have means not shortlisted

Unregistered 24-11-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235601)

Not shortlisted won't tell you unsuccessful?

Unregistered 24-11-2022 10:27 AM

Quote:

oh really?

Unregistered 24-11-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235607)
Not shortlisted won't tell you unsuccessful?

no they wont unlike other psd automated rejection email once a candidate application status is updated to successful. if no contact made within 2 weeks then is no hope already

Unregistered 24-11-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Agreed. I got mine after 2 weeks

Unregistered 25-11-2022 12:52 AM

Do they call anytime of the day? Am a bit worried since missing the call would mean a strike as currently doing shift part time so odd sleeping hours.

Unregistered 25-11-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235695)
Do they call anytime of the day? Am a bit worried since missing the call would mean a strike as currently doing shift part time so odd sleeping hours.

If u are referring to MINDEF roles then likely the first contact if they are interested in you is an email from them.

Unregistered 25-11-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235724)
If u are referring to MINDEF roles then likely the first contact if they are interested in you is an email from them.

That's great to hear, thanks!

Unregistered 25-11-2022 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235724)

Hm, mindef will let you know they are keen in you via email?
Not through a phone call? That's quite different

Unregistered 25-11-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235754)
Hm, mindef will let you know they are keen in you via email?
Not through a phone call? That's quite different

Yup, I heard from the unit via email first. Phone call from HR only came after the unit was keen on me

Unregistered 25-11-2022 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235695)

Usually they will call again and send email to you. If you are selected don't worry they will call u up

Unregistered 28-11-2022 04:34 PM

dxo timeline

any DXO kind enough can share their experience of first application to start work timeline?

Unregistered 28-11-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235976)
any DXO kind enough can share their experience of first application to start work timeline?

Here’s my rough timeline

Week 0: Submit application

Week 2: Contacted by unit for a written assessment and interview

Week 3: Written assessment and interview. On the same day, unit asked me to go for a unit preview

Week 4: Unit preview in the morning. In the afternoon, HR called to ask if I was keen. Thereafter, I submitted G50 and went for security vetting.

Week 10/11: Offer came after I passed my security clearance.

Unregistered 29-11-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235981)
Here’s my rough timeline

Week 3: Written assessment and interview. On the same day, unit asked me to go for a unit preview

Week 4: Unit preview in the morning. In the afternoon, HR called to ask if I was keen. Thereafter, I submitted G50 and went for security vetting.

So it takes 6 weeks after g50 is cleared? And for the offer do we need to go down physically to sign or it can be done online?

Unregistered 29-11-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235981)
Here’s my rough timeline

Are you a female or male may i ask? thanks!

Unregistered 29-11-2022 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236030)
So it takes 6 weeks after g50 is cleared? And for the offer do we need to go down physically to sign or it can be done online?

you waiting to sign already ah boss?

Unregistered 29-11-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236032)
you waiting to sign already ah boss?

not yet just finished interview

Unregistered 29-11-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236031)
Are you a female or male may i ask? thanks!

yes. i am a male. why would you ask that?

Unregistered 29-11-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236047)
yes. i am a male. why would you ask that?

i was under the impression that girls take a longer time for G50 clearance ( assuming same level role) as guys that served NS already have a basic level of security clearance so will be faster. But didnt know even a male takes 6 weeks jeez. Is your job more of corporate side or involve military assets may i ask?

Unregistered 29-11-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236030)

Yes, around 6 weeks. Didn’t take up the offer in the end, so I don’t know if it was going down physically or online.

Unregistered 30-11-2022 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236066)
Yes, around 6 weeks. Didn’t take up the offer in the end, so I don’t know if it was going down physically or online.

I see that means that i can accept or reject after the g50 is being cleared?

Unregistered 30-11-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236106)
I see that means that i can accept or reject after the g50 is being cleared?

That’s what I had done cause I didn’t sign anything yet

Unregistered 30-11-2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236107)

they lowball you ah? or u already got job by then?

Unregistered 30-11-2022 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236107)

Just called to finish g50