Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

lyndonmaxewell 18-02-2012 11:19 PM

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
 
For people who are currently in or have been employed in MINDEF DXO, care to share your experiences in it? Salary scale and your grade? And perhaps for those who entered before as fresh grad, your class of honours as well?

Also would be great if you can share your interview experiences as well as what goes in it too.

miwashi 21-02-2012 12:38 PM

they will call you for a 3 hour long IQ test

Unregistered 21-02-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndonmaxewell (Post 20934)
For people who are currently in or have been employed in MINDEF DXO, care to share your experiences in it? Salary scale and your grade? And perhaps for those who entered before as fresh grad, your class of honours as well?

Also would be great if you can share your interview experiences as well as what goes in it too.

Pay compared to private sector is a joke, benefits so so but slack enough.

Bean 21-02-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21125)
Pay compared to private sector is a joke, benefits so so but slack enough.

why is it a jokes?

please give some examples.

uturn 21-02-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 21120)
they will call you for a 3 hour long IQ test

is it psychometric test?

reasoning? logic? linguistic?

miwashi 22-02-2012 09:11 AM

all kinds
got logic puzzles, maths questions, that sort of thing.
no linguistic, at least not for those general positions.
But the 3 hour length is killer.

uturn 22-02-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 21162)
all kinds
got logic puzzles, maths questions, that sort of thing.
no linguistic, at least not for those general positions.
But the 3 hour length is killer.

wondering if it is the same at dsta?

Bean 22-02-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uturn (Post 21198)
wondering if it is the same at dsta?

DSTA no need!!!


unless you apply for scholarship at DSTA

lyndonmaxewell 22-02-2012 11:27 PM

Had a short conversation with the HR. DX9 is the entry-level grade for people on the graduate scheme. No wage adjustment for DX scheme, revision was last done in Oct last year. Probation of 6mths for fresh entries.

uturn 23-02-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndonmaxewell (Post 21204)
Had a short conversation with the HR. DX9 is the entry-level grade for people on the graduate scheme. No wage adjustment for DX scheme, revision was last done in Oct last year. Probation of 6mths for fresh entries.

Any idea on dsta? Do they follow the recent wage adjustment for civil servants?

lyndonmaxewell 24-02-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uturn (Post 21276)
Any idea on dsta? Do they follow the recent wage adjustment for civil servants?

DSTA people are not civil servants in the first place wat. No adjustment la.

uturn 26-02-2012 07:26 PM

some stat board do follow civil service guidelines

Unregistered 01-03-2012 11:47 AM

hey does anyone know how much Mindef usually offers for a fresh grad with second lowers? local university.

Bean 01-03-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21571)
hey does anyone know how much Mindef usually offers for a fresh grad with second lowers? local university.

maybe 3.3k-3.4k with NS

Unregistered 01-03-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 21575)
maybe 3.3k-3.4k with NS

hey thanks for replying! im a girl though, so no NS lol. so a female local grad with second lowers should receive around 3.1k to 3.2k? (sorry not sure how much more employers usually pay for NS =x)

Bean 01-03-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21600)
hey thanks for replying! im a girl though, so no NS lol. so a female local grad with second lowers should receive around 3.1k to 3.2k? (sorry not sure how much more employers usually pay for NS =x)

With effect from 1 June 07, newly enlisted DXOs with no prior work experience can look forward to higher starting salaries in the range of $2,590 (Pass Degree) to $3,080 (Good Honours). Additional increments may be granted to those who have served National Service and/or have working experience. DXOs recruited for specialised positions can also expect an added premium.

Bean 01-03-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21600)
hey thanks for replying! im a girl though, so no NS lol. so a female local grad with second lowers should receive around 3.1k to 3.2k? (sorry not sure how much more employers usually pay for NS =x)

you apply wat position?

Unregistered 02-03-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 21602)
With effect from 1 June 07, newly enlisted DXOs with no prior work experience can look forward to higher starting salaries in the range of $2,590 (Pass Degree) to $3,080 (Good Honours). Additional increments may be granted to those who have served National Service and/or have working experience. DXOs recruited for specialised positions can also expect an added premium.

thx for the info! =) i applied for HR executive.

Unregistered 20-03-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 21602)
With effect from 1 June 07, newly enlisted DXOs with no prior work experience can look forward to higher starting salaries in the range of $2,590 (Pass Degree) to $3,080 (Good Honours). Additional increments may be granted to those who have served National Service and/or have working experience. DXOs recruited for specialised positions can also expect an added premium.

hihi, may I know what's defined as a specialized position? for example, is a psychologist or physiotherapist considered a specialized position? also, do DXOs at RSAF get paid more than those working at army camps or depot road? TIA (:

cslee 20-03-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22605)
hihi, may I know what's defined as a specialized position? for example, is a psychologist or physiotherapist considered a specialized position? also, do DXOs at RSAF get paid more than those working at army camps or depot road? TIA (:

My impression is that specialised positions refer to only niche and available jobs in defence sector i.e. non-transferable skills. Added premium is to "entice" ppl to fulfill these roles. Can someone prove me wrong?

Unregistered 20-03-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21633)
thx for the info! =) i applied for HR executive.


Hi Hi! How did the psychometric test and interview go for you? Im also interested in being a DXO. I guess you are a DXO now?

Unregistered 20-03-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 22618)
My impression is that specialised positions refer to only niche and available jobs in defence sector i.e. non-transferable skills. Added premium is to "entice" ppl to fulfill these roles. Can someone prove me wrong?

Legal counsel?

carltonx 04-04-2012 03:11 AM

Hi, any idea how long mindef takes to inform you that you are scheduled for next interview (after the test) or rejected? I have been waiting for 1 week plus since my test and I have not gotten any call or emails :\

Bean 04-04-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carltonx (Post 23283)
Hi, any idea how long mindef takes to inform you that you are scheduled for next interview (after the test) or rejected? I have been waiting for 1 week plus since my test and I have not gotten any call or emails :\

if they never call you up for interview after the psyco test, like after 2 weeks, mean you are not selected.

Yes, they will email you that you are not selected!

I am one of them:(

carltonx 05-04-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 23289)
if they never call you up for interview after the psyco test, like after 2 weeks, mean you are not selected.

Yes, they will email you that you are not selected!

I am one of them:(

Hi bean! Sorry to hear that :(

So you had the test recently too and have received an email?

I am actually tempted to call the HR office and ask about my status so I could STOP wondering about it.

Unregistered 05-04-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carltonx (Post 23283)
Hi, any idea how long mindef takes to inform you that you are scheduled for next interview (after the test) or rejected? I have been waiting for 1 week plus since my test and I have not gotten any call or emails :\

mine took about 3 weeks! after going through 5 months of the whole job application process with mindef, I realised that for mindef, no news = good news lol!

All the best in your job search!

Bean 05-04-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23339)
mine took about 3 weeks! after going through 5 months of the whole job application process with mindef, I realised that for mindef, no news = good news lol!

All the best in your job search!

u fresh grad?
male with NS?
wat class of honours?

how much they offer you the starting pay?:confused:

Job seeker 05-04-2012 07:53 PM

There are alot more job out there for fresh grads. Jus do not pin too much hope in getting one.

carltonx 06-04-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Job seeker (Post 23365)
There are alot more job out there for fresh grads. Jus do not pin too much hope in getting one.

yeah, definitely. :) jees, 5 months is crazy long -____-

cslee 08-04-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22631)
Legal counsel?

If you were a lawyer, would you want to specialise in NS laws that are only uniquely Singapore?

Unregistered 22-04-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 23342)
u fresh grad?
male with NS?
wat class of honours?

how much they offer you the starting pay?:confused:

yah, fresh grad. 2nd upper.. female. lol starting pay low $3k.

Candice 21-05-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24109)
yah,fresh grad. 2nd upper.. female. lol starting pay low $3k.

Hi, I am interested in applying as well hoping for a higher salary. Also a fresh grad with second upper. May I know what position did you applied for?

Unregistered 21-05-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uturn (Post 21276)
Any idea on dsta? Do they follow the recent wage adjustment for civil servants?

Yes, they always follow wage adjustments in the civil service.

Unregistered 21-05-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24922)
Yes, they always follow wage adjustments in the civil service.

dsta not civil service.

civil service is part of public service, dsta is also part of public service

Unregistered 22-05-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24925)
dsta not civil service.

civil service is part of public service, dsta is also part of public service


DSTA is not part civil service. It always follows wage adjustments in civil service.

lyndonmaxewell 23-05-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24991)
DSTA is not part civil service. It always follows wage adjustments in civil service.

yea thats true, just that sometimes they take their que from the civil service.

lmaohaha 04-06-2012 04:55 PM

juz got a rejection email from mindef, not even being considered for the psychometric test. 2nd upper honours male here. anyone has any idea why coz i have a feeling that there might be high number of applicants this month due to fresh grads. will it be better if i apply eg. 2months later?

Unregistered 04-06-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 25392)
juz got a rejection email from mindef, not even being considered for the psychometric test. 2nd upper honours male here. anyone has any idea why coz i have a feeling that there might be high number of applicants this month due to fresh grads. will it be better if i apply eg. 2months later?

Hi

I also got a rejection email from DXO today....think is dunno 20++th rejection from dxo, I have been applying for dxo position for 5 years since fresh grad....attend 3x psycho test over the past 5 years, some is b4 interview, some after interview, some just take test then after that no interview follow up with rejection email....many time i just apply after 2-3 weeks without any test or interview and rejected!!! I dunno why?? I even email them if 'Fail" psyco test, then what's next? Ask them can I still apply a not, they just use a official email template to reply me, is like never answer my question?!?! 2nd lower here

lmaohaha 04-06-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25393)
Hi

I also got a rejection email from DXO today....think is dunno 20++th rejection from dxo, I have been applying for dxo position for 5 years since fresh grad....attend 3x psycho test over the past 5 years, some is b4 interview, some after interview, some just take test then after that no interview follow up with rejection email....many time i just apply after 2-3 weeks without any test or interview and rejected!!! I dunno why?? I even email them if 'Fail" psyco test, then what's next? Ask them can I still apply a not, they just use a official email template to reply me, is like never answer my question?!?! 2nd lower here

its surely got nth to do wif grades since my fren who is a female, 2nd lower got a chance for psycho test. haiz, serve ns 2 yrs for them, one psycho test chance oso cant get...sianz

Unregistered 04-06-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 25394)
its surely got nth to do wif grades since my fren who is a female, 2nd lower got a chance for psycho test. haiz, serve ns 2 yrs for them, one psycho test chance oso cant get...sianz

Is she pretty?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2