Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 17-03-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25725)
wow, can reveal how much they offer you?

how many years of previous working exp do you have?

are you male with NS?

I'm guessing around 10K for dx11

Unregistered 18-03-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34371)
I'm guessing around 10K for dx11

thats right. about 10k.

Unregistered 19-03-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34371)
I'm guessing around 10K for dx11

so

DX11 = $10000
DX10 = ??
DX9 = ??
DX8 = ??
DX7 = ??
DX6 = ??
DX5 = ??

fresh degree grad join as what "DX" grade?

can input the ??

Unregistered 19-03-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34542)
so

DX11 = $10000
DX10 = ??
DX9 = ??
DX8 = ??
DX7 = ??
DX6 = ??
DX5 = ??

fresh degree grad join as what "DX" grade?

can input the ??


DX11 = $10000
DX10 = $7000
DX9 = $4000

fresh grad should be DX9?

Unregistered 19-03-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34544)
DX11 = $10000
DX10 = $7000
DX9 = $4000

fresh grad should be DX9?

yea, new grads either join at 8 or 9, depending on appointment.

Unregistered 19-03-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 34553)
yea, new grads either join at 8 or 9, depending on appointment.


dx15 = $25000
dx14 = $20000
dx13 = $17000
dx12 = $13000

chew0231 21-03-2013 12:42 PM

Can anyone enlighten me on the strength and conditioning officer DXO position?
 
Hi,

I saw the strength and conditioning officer role in DXO. Is that the new 'PTI'? Or it is another role? Really hope someone can tell me more about this job.

1) I'm a fresh grad with 2nd class, male. Roughly what's my pay going to be?
2) What's the job scope? Am I going to be like the PTI of the past, and lead exercises? Or do I research an plan physical-related stuff?

Will appreciate it if someone can answer my questions :)

Thank you!!

chew0231 21-03-2013 01:05 PM

Strength and conditioning officer DXO position
 
Hi,

I am the one who posted the recent thread, just that now i am posting as a member haha. Please tell me more about this position!!!

I saw the strength and conditioning officer role in DXO. Is that the new 'PTI'? Or it is another role? Really hope someone can tell me more about this job.

1) I'm a fresh grad with 2nd class, male. Roughly what's my pay going to be?
2) What's the job scope? Am I going to be like the PTI of the past, and lead exercises? Or do I research an plan physical-related stuff?

Will appreciate it if someone can answer my questions

Thank you!!

Unregistered 21-03-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chew0231 (Post 34628)
Hi,

I am the one who posted the recent thread, just that now i am posting as a member haha. Please tell me more about this position!!!

I saw the strength and conditioning officer role in DXO. Is that the new 'PTI'? Or it is another role? Really hope someone can tell me more about this job.

1) I'm a fresh grad with 2nd class, male. Roughly what's my pay going to be?
2) What's the job scope? Am I going to be like the PTI of the past, and lead exercises? Or do I research an plan physical-related stuff?

Will appreciate it if someone can answer my questions

Thank you!!

No, it is an admin role. you are doing planning only.

1) depends on your job grade. What grade is this? go ask.
2) research and plan

chew0231 21-03-2013 10:05 PM

Hey thanks for the reply!

I read from other posts that fresh grad will be dx 8 or 9. So how much pay will this be?

Unregistered 22-03-2013 03:48 AM

DX8- 3800
DX9- 4000+/-
DX10- 4500+/-

Most fresh grads will join in at either DX8 or DX9. Its pretty hard to land a DX position due to SAF not having a very high demand for them. This is because most uniformed personnel can actually perform your job and also fight war. Most DXO jobs also go to retirees from the SAF and also to those combat personnel who due to medical reasons, are no longer combat-fit, hence, they are placed in DXO positions. And your pay will be lower than uniformed personnel officers btw.

Also, the highest DXO I've ever seen is a DX16. The pay for DX13 and above is very handsome. HOWEVER, most of these positions go to ex-Colonels and above. If you are starting at a DX8/9 position, its almost impossible or very difficult to go up that high unless you reach like 20-25 years in service.

I know a person who went in with a SIM nursing degree. DX8. She stayed there for about 10 years before going up to DX10. For a nurse, her pay is obviously damn good. But very unlikely that she will go any higher unless she gets a Masters or Phd and gets a higher post. But she's satisfied with the slow-paced environment.

From what I know, DXO scheme and officer scheme is very different. For officer, you stay in service long long, you will surely get promoted and promoted until MAJ or LTC(~10k/mth) where you will hentak kaki and eventually retire. The scholars will of course go on to COL and above. However, for DXO, your promotions are solely based on if there are positions above. No position, no promotion. You basically have to wait for somebody to croak before you get promoted.

I also know a physiotherapist who is a DX9. 4.4k. However, SAF decided to out-source physiotherapists to local hospitals, hence, he will have to leave in a few months. Unlike companies, SAF will shrink due to falling birth rates. Less people, smaller force. Hence, less jobs.

Good thing about DXO jobs is that you really dont do alot of work. You are the boss. You will most likely get an admin position where you will have lots of NSFs under you to do your work. 8am-5pm job. Lunchtime can be up to 2 hours long or however long you want.
I know this from experience. The physio guy I mentioned, when he got no patient, its like a day-off for him. And at a very busy day, only got like 4 patients. And he has 3 NSFs under him. The nurse even better, come to work or not, nobody can complain since she is the boss. The rest of the people are just NSFs. Come to work and read email then she go sleep. But good for the NSFs too, they slack, NSF also can slack too! :D

Unregistered 23-03-2013 12:20 AM

Anyone knows what is the PB for the various grades in DXO scheme?

Band I,II,III,IV?

Unregistered 23-03-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34700)
Anyone knows what is the PB for the various grades in DXO scheme?

Band I,II,III,IV?

Band I: 5
II: 3
III: 1
IV: 0

Unregistered 23-03-2013 12:42 AM

you dxo will be the commander of a small company. very good. got ppl under you to help out and command. and no duties, no OT. better than regulars.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chew0231 (Post 34653)
Hey thanks for the reply!

I read from other posts that fresh grad will be dx 8 or 9. So how much pay will this be?

maybe its around 3200 + 300 for NS.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34354)
LOL, you are already anonymous. Everyone who writes in the forums reveal their salary on condition of anonymity so they can paint a good picture for people who are keen, civil servants and stat board included. That's the purpose of salary.sg!

Honestly, you might as well not post anything. First, if you are looking for some ego boost, we don't know who you are, and nobody's gonna say hey anonymous you are so great! Secondly, you are not helping anyone by saying 'oh i'm dx 11, but i can't tell you anything'.

But honestly, I'm doubting they even "offer" you a DX11. You are just a fisherman trying to get some ego boost. But hey you are not getting any.

Source: Military experience

So wha? you are not getting any answers anyway.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 29021)
Really? I thought government sector only gives promotion unless he/she committed a grave mistake.

you can be promoted and demoted over the years. In the end, only the salary matters, and not the grade.

Unregistered 23-03-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34667)
DX8- 3800
DX9- 4000+/-
DX10- 4500+/-

Most fresh grads will join in at either DX8 or DX9. Its pretty hard to land a DX position due to SAF not having a very high demand for them. This is because most uniformed personnel can actually perform your job and also fight war. Most DXO jobs also go to retirees from the SAF and also to those combat personnel who due to medical reasons, are no longer combat-fit, hence, they are placed in DXO positions. And your pay will be lower than uniformed personnel officers btw.

Also, the highest DXO I've ever seen is a DX16. The pay for DX13 and above is very handsome. HOWEVER, most of these positions go to ex-Colonels and above. If you are starting at a DX8/9 position, its almost impossible or very difficult to go up that high unless you reach like 20-25 years in service.

I know a person who went in with a SIM nursing degree. DX8. She stayed there for about 10 years before going up to DX10. For a nurse, her pay is obviously damn good. But very unlikely that she will go any higher unless she gets a Masters or Phd and gets a higher post. But she's satisfied with the slow-paced environment.

From what I know, DXO scheme and officer scheme is very different. For officer, you stay in service long long, you will surely get promoted and promoted until MAJ or LTC(~10k/mth) where you will hentak kaki and eventually retire. The scholars will of course go on to COL and above. However, for DXO, your promotions are solely based on if there are positions above. No position, no promotion. You basically have to wait for somebody to croak before you get promoted.

I also know a physiotherapist who is a DX9. 4.4k. However, SAF decided to out-source physiotherapists to local hospitals, hence, he will have to leave in a few months. Unlike companies, SAF will shrink due to falling birth rates. Less people, smaller force. Hence, less jobs.

Good thing about DXO jobs is that you really dont do alot of work. You are the boss. You will most likely get an admin position where you will have lots of NSFs under you to do your work. 8am-5pm job. Lunchtime can be up to 2 hours long or however long you want.
I know this from experience. The physio guy I mentioned, when he got no patient, its like a day-off for him. And at a very busy day, only got like 4 patients. And he has 3 NSFs under him. The nurse even better, come to work or not, nobody can complain since she is the boss. The rest of the people are just NSFs. Come to work and read email then she go sleep. But good for the NSFs too, they slack, NSF also can slack too! :D

So is it pretty hard to get in, in a good way or bad way? If can get in means you are capable or?

I think the salary range is abit off.

Unregistered 27-03-2013 10:04 PM

Any kind souls know what the written test is about? Does it requires you to write about the defense policy or something for the post of research officer?

Will be really grateful if you can share some insights with me. Will be nice if I can know the general procedures as well.

Thanks in advance !

Unregistered 28-03-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34935)
Any kind souls know what the written test is about? Does it requires you to write about the defense policy or something for the post of research officer?

Will be really grateful if you can share some insights with me. Will be nice if I can know the general procedures as well.

Thanks in advance !

Its more like General Paper, so if you can write well on current affairs and topics, shouldn't be a problem.

Unregistered 31-03-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 34746)
So is it pretty hard to get in, in a good way or bad way? If can get in means you are capable or?

I think the salary range is abit off.

The salary range is not off, trust me. However, salary that I depicted does NOT include something called 'appointment' allowance. Basically, rank is not equal to appointment. A person with a high DXO rank might get a low appointment and vice-versa. Additionally, higher up the ladder, some DXOs take up dual appointments due to lack of capable people. Hence, they get additional allowances too. So it all depends on which appointment and department you get. A DX10 with an appointment of nursing officer would get a lower pay than a DX10 with an appointment of senior safety officer. Both can be same rank, but in a highly safety-conscious service such as SAF, the safety officer is paid much more.

Also, experience counts for alot, a 45-yr old retired MAJ or COL who jumps to the DX line and is a DX10 would earn much more than a fresh grad who worked his way up to DX10.

Unregistered 31-03-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35064)
The salary range is not off, trust me. However, salary that I depicted does NOT include something called 'appointment' allowance. Basically, rank is not equal to appointment. A person with a high DXO rank might get a low appointment and vice-versa. Additionally, higher up the ladder, some DXOs take up dual appointments due to lack of capable people. Hence, they get additional allowances too. So it all depends on which appointment and department you get. A DX10 with an appointment of nursing officer would get a lower pay than a DX10 with an appointment of senior safety officer. Both can be same rank, but in a highly safety-conscious service such as SAF, the safety officer is paid much more.

Also, experience counts for alot, a 45-yr old retired MAJ or COL who jumps to the DX line and is a DX10 would earn much more than a fresh grad who worked his way up to DX10.


Of course same rank can have different earnings la. The issue is that the pay grade range is super larger for each grade. I disagree with high rank low appt, and low rank high appt. Rank is closely pegged to appt. You can't be a DD with grade 10, or an SO at grade 14.

Unregistered 01-04-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35065)
Of course same rank can have different earnings la. The issue is that the pay grade range is super larger for each grade. I disagree with high rank low appt, and low rank high appt. Rank is closely pegged to appt. You can't be a DD with grade 10, or an SO at grade 14.

Well I've seen it happen. In a sense, its more common for the medical corps. There is a main HQ and there are medical centres. So a nursing or dental officer can start at either side, at HQ or at a medical centre. After awhile, they will both rank up. However, the guy at HQ would probably take up a more managerial positions because thats what the HQ gears them towards. While his peer in the medical centre is still just a dental / nursing officer. They can choose to go to HQ or vice versa but being comfortable in their working environment, some choose not to switch over to HQ. Hence, you might see a high ranked Dental or Nursing officer at a medical centre and a lower/equivalent ranked one at HQ that is, by appointment, their bosses, although they are only the boss in an administrative sense.

Unregistered 04-04-2013 07:24 PM

It is off. DX9 do not hit 4K for starting pay graduates. From someone who is currently inside.

Unregistered 04-04-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35270)
It is off. DX9 do not hit 4K for starting pay graduates. From someone who is currently inside.

i got info that my friend 2nd upper NTU with NS join DXO as fresh grad getting 3.6k starting, in year 2008.....

now may be more???

Unregistered 05-04-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25393)
Hi

I also got a rejection email from DXO today....think is dunno 20++th rejection from dxo, I have been applying for dxo position for 5 years since fresh grad....attend 3x psycho test over the past 5 years, some is b4 interview, some after interview, some just take test then after that no interview follow up with rejection email....many time i just apply after 2-3 weeks without any test or interview and rejected!!! I dunno why?? I even email them if 'Fail" psyco test, then what's next? Ask them can I still apply a not, they just use a official email template to reply me, is like never answer my question?!?! 2nd lower here

Most MINDEF jobs are sensitive, so a certain level of security clearance is required. Your personal history or background may not be suitable perhaps.

Unregistered 05-04-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35273)
i got info that my friend 2nd upper NTU with NS join DXO as fresh grad getting 3.6k starting, in year 2008.....

now may be more???

of course... if he join in 2008, 3.6 + (100 x 5) = 4100. Good money.

Unregistered 05-04-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35320)
of course... if he join in 2008, 3.6 + (100 x 5) = 4100. Good money.

i mean the starting pay for the same <<2nd upper NTU with NS>> in 2013, it will be more than 3.6k in 2008 ....



if you are talking about the year increment and occasionally wage adjustment from 2008 till 2013, well, he will be getting 5k min now at least

Unregistered 06-04-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35270)
It is off. DX9 do not hit 4K for starting pay graduates. From someone who is currently inside.

Yea just joined not long ago this year as fresh grad. Didn't hit 4k too.

Unregistered 06-04-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35324)
Yea just joined not long ago this year as fresh grad. Didn't hit 4k too.

how long to get a promotion?

Unregistered 04-05-2013 08:45 PM

Hi ppl! Does anyone knows that mindef will call to ask if you are interested in the position before sending your application for clearance for medical check up?

I went for site visit last week but they have no mention of anything leh (i.e whether they are interested in hiring/offering me). My friend who went for the same site visit as me got a call... so am i not selected or what?

TIA

Unregistered 16-05-2013 10:24 PM

maneEUn its
 
anyone has any idea what the psychometric test is about?

Unregistered 24-05-2013 02:01 AM

yup anyone knows??????

Unregistered 24-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37463)
yup anyone knows??????

I know.....

uturn 25-05-2013 12:51 AM

wondering if there is really work-life balance?

reddevil 25-05-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uturn (Post 37507)
wondering if there is really work-life balance?

there is. for one, you don't do duties and don't do OTs.

Unregistered 25-05-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 36439)
Hi ppl! Does anyone knows that mindef will call to ask if you are interested in the position before sending your application for clearance for medical check up?

I went for site visit last week but they have no mention of anything leh (i.e whether they are interested in hiring/offering me). My friend who went for the same site visit as me got a call... so am i not selected or what?

TIA

I am in the same situation as you. i was called up for the unit preview next week. The person who spoke to me on the phone said that he is offering me a job and asked me to go for the unit preview but i know of another friend who is going for the same unit preview as me. So being called up for the unit preview doesn't guarantee a job? :/

Unregistered 27-05-2013 10:46 AM

any idea if MINDEF accepts UOL grads?

chocomint 10-06-2013 05:41 PM

i got an email asking me to go down for an interview next week...

but i'm also on the verge of getting an offer by A*STAR, so i'm in a dilemma about which one to accept if i'm offered both.
i'm open to both companies, so does anyone know the latest pay range for 2nd upper female with 1 year of exp - for both A*STAR (corporate) and DXO? thanks!

Unregistered 11-06-2013 02:34 AM

at chocomint, my understanding for 2nd upper female is about 3.4 to 3.6, not sure if i am right or wrong, what position are you being interviewed for (for MINDEF)


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2