Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

lmaohaha 04-06-2012 05:41 PM

application form dunnid attach pic one haha. im not being a sexist...but then again serving the organisation for 2 yrs deserves at least a fighting chance at the psycho test

Unregistered 04-06-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 25394)
its surely got nth to do wif grades since my fren who is a female, 2nd lower got a chance for psycho test. haiz, serve ns 2 yrs for them, one psycho test chance oso cant get...sianz

as long as you got a 'pass' local degree, you have to chance to be DXO

any idea on the salary on fresh grad with ns?

lmaohaha 04-06-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25398)
as long as you got a 'pass' local degree, you have to chance to be DXO

any idea on the salary on fresh grad with ns?

not true. im the best eg of a 2nd upper wif not even a chance for the first psychometric test. i can understand why if i fail the interview or psycho test. seems like they looking into other factors like work exp etc. anyway, i have no idea on salary range.

Unregistered 04-06-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 25400)
not true. im the best eg of a 2nd upper wif not even a chance for the first psychometric test. i can understand why if i fail the interview or psycho test. seems like they looking into other factors like work exp etc. anyway, i have no idea on salary range.

i am not fresh grad, i have 4 years exp, with 2nd lower I also not in any upper hand either..

while browsing thru the forum, I found some info on fresh grad

this guy grad is 2008, pass degree local university with NS, 3.3k>>>this guy is getting 4.4k now, with consistently C grader for the past 4 years..
I got one colleague's friend also 2008 batch 2nd upper with NS, 3.6k

Unregistered 05-06-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 25400)

The salary range is dependent on your jobscope/appointment. Seriously, class of honors isn't that impt here. 2nd lowers but drawing almost 4k.

Unregistered 05-06-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25430)
The salary range is dependent on your jobscope/appointment. Seriously, class of honors isn't that impt here. 2nd lowers but drawing almost 4k.

I agree with you. My friend also 3rd class but getting 4.5k.

Unregistered 05-06-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 25397)
application form dunnid attach pic one haha. im not being a sexist...but then again serving the organisation for 2 yrs deserves at least a fighting chance at the psycho test

did you put your expected salary too high? that would be a factor to toss out your application instantly. Put $1!

Unregistered 05-06-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

I agree with you. My friend also 3rd class but getting 4.5k.

do you mean fresh grad getting 4k(2nd lower) and 4.5k(3rd class)...??

4.5k for fresh grad is alot!!!

Unregistered 05-06-2012 07:22 PM

Any idea if its possible for a grad to fail psycho test? I was rejected for a position I applied for but I am fairly sure I am not retarded. Have had about 1.5 yrs position in a stat board doing fairly high level stuff. Was at an mx12 range but was looking for a different environment. I suspect I was asking for a little too much and too diff. Was doing IR and policy but wanted to do something quieter.

Unregistered 05-06-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25434)
Any idea if its possible for a grad to fail psycho test? I was rejected for a position I applied for but I am fairly sure I am not retarded. Have had about 1.5 yrs position in a stat board doing fairly high level stuff. Was at an mx12 range but was looking for a different environment. I suspect I was asking for a little too much and too diff. Was doing IR and policy but wanted to do something quieter.

how much you asking for expected salary for assuming 1.5yr relevant exp?

Unregistered 05-06-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25434)

of course its possible. Don't think too highly of yourself. It does not mean that a person who is very good at work would automatically be good at patterns.

The other thing is.. failing the physco test doesn't make you retarded either. its abit of fate and luck as well.

lmaohaha 06-06-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25432)
did you put your expected salary too high? that would be a factor to toss out your application instantly. Put $1!

i put 3.2k. shld be ok for male ns 2nd upper?

Unregistered 06-06-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 25455)

Sounds good to me. Actually, even if the positions are advertised doesn't mean that they are available. Even after taking the pysco test can also say that position no longer available.

Unregistered 07-06-2012 03:19 PM

operation inoteit

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaohaha (Post 25455)

why not try dsta? my friend's nephew get $3.9K (1st class hon).

Unregistered 07-06-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25530)

Male with NS in dsta
1st class = 3880 which your friend nephew rounded it up to 3.9k
2upper = 3580
2lower = 3380

female with no NS, please minus 300 from the value

this is all pretty standard since 2007

Unregistered 07-06-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25530)

i got about 4 years of engineering exp, 2nd lower NTU, have been applying dsta since May2011 till now, not a single interview call up from them, dunno why

Unregistered 07-06-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25402)
i am not fresh grad, i have 4 years exp, with 2nd lower I also not in any upper hand either..

while browsing thru the forum, I found some info on fresh grad

this guy grad is 2008, pass degree local university with NS, 3.3k>>>this guy is getting 4.4k now, with consistently C grader for the past 4 years..
I got one colleague's friend also 2008 batch 2nd upper with NS, 3.6k

Every DXO job in Mindef is given a job grade depending on job scope. Usually fresh grads start at DX9 jobs unless you have specialized skills maybe like psychiatrist or radiologist where the job itself is given a higher DX level (eg DX10) so a fresh grad may start higher already. Each job grade will have q a large pay range of about $3k. Depending on your qualifications and experience, HR will determine the suitable pay offer within the pay range. If the recruiting dept wants you and is willing to justify for the higher difference, you may be given your expected pay. (of coz it cant be too way off)
Some of the advert are for jobs for higher DX levels so if you are a fresh grad, you won't be considered at all.
There were a few pay adjustments in the recent 10 years of about 3% each time. Else it would not be likely that the 3.3k average C grader can have a pay increase of over $1k in 4 years. Of course unless he had a promotion during the period.

Unregistered 09-06-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25544)
Every DXO job in Mindef is given a job grade depending on job scope. Usually fresh grads start at DX9 jobs unless you have specialized skills maybe like psychiatrist or radiologist where the job itself is given a higher DX level (eg DX10) so a fresh grad may start higher already. Each job grade will have q a large pay range of about $3k. Depending on your qualifications and experience, HR will determine the suitable pay offer within the pay range. If the recruiting dept wants you and is willing to justify for the higher difference, you may be given your expected pay. (of coz it cant be too way off)
Some of the advert are for jobs for higher DX levels so if you are a fresh grad, you won't be considered at all.
There were a few pay adjustments in the recent 10 years of about 3% each time. Else it would not be likely that the 3.3k average C grader can have a pay increase of over $1k in 4 years. Of course unless he had a promotion during the period.

Every DXO can be promoted and demoted over the years as well. It depends on how you rotate your job and posting.

Unregistered 09-06-2012 09:01 PM

Yes! I manage to get past the interview in my 5th try! woohoo! finally going to be in the service! : )

Unregistered 09-06-2012 10:18 PM

A mid-year career person of 5years can enter as dx12 already! wah seh...

avsquare 10-06-2012 03:00 PM

Dx8 = 2lt
dx9 = lta
dx10 = cpt
dx11 = maj
dx12 = ltc
dx13 = col
dx14 = bg
dx15 = mg

Unregistered 10-06-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avsquare (Post 25588)
Dx8 = 2lt
dx9 = lta
dx10 = cpt
dx11 = maj
dx12 = ltc
dx13 = col
dx14 = bg
dx15 = mg

what's the estimated pay range (including all allowances and bonuses) for each grade?

Unregistered 10-06-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25589)
what's the estimated pay range (including all allowances and bonuses) for each grade?

The ranges are all overlapping for all the grades, so i believe the estimated pay ranges not important bah.

Unregistered 14-06-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avsquare (Post 25588)
Dx8 = 2lt
dx9 = lta
dx10 = cpt
dx11 = maj
dx12 = ltc
dx13 = col
dx14 = bg
dx15 = mg

Just got my offer letter for dx11 posting.

Unregistered 14-06-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25719)
Just got my offer letter for dx11 posting.

wow, can reveal how much they offer you?

how many years of previous working exp do you have?

are you male with NS?

Unregistered 14-06-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25725)
wow, can reveal how much they offer you?

how many years of previous working exp do you have?

are you male with NS?

Sorry, confidentiality clause does not permit me to reveal anything. But I can answer one of your question, yes, male with NS.

Unregistered 15-06-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25736)
Sorry, confidentiality clause does not permit me to reveal anything. But I can answer one of your question, yes, male with NS.

at least tell how many years of previous exp you have b4, to entitled dx11

Unregistered 15-06-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25739)
at least tell how many years of previous exp you have b4, to entitled dx11

under 8 years of experience.

Unregistered 17-06-2012 09:01 AM

i heard increment is around the corner. Huat ah!

Daniels 24-06-2012 03:05 AM

I just dropped by this forum. Is there any chance for me to apply as the Head for one of the positions? It says 4 years of experience, and I got three. Normally, the appointment of Head is what grade?

Unregistered 02-07-2012 12:19 AM

IT Executive

What is the job scope like? is it primarily writing papers, attending meetings, taking minutes?

Singapore Son 14-10-2012 02:12 AM

Just curious, Anyone know of what level in DXO for head of paramedic?

cslee 14-10-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25566)
Every DXO can be promoted and demoted over the years as well. It depends on how you rotate your job and posting.

Really? I thought government sector only gives promotion unless he/she committed a grave mistake.

Unregistered 14-10-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapore Son (Post 29017)
Just curious, Anyone know of what level in DXO for head of paramedic?

should be of CPT to MAJ rank equivalent when converted to DXO.

must have nursing degree and/or paramedic level 3 cert min...

normally is SAF nursing officer converted to this DXO position

Unregistered 07-11-2012 07:16 PM

DXO salary

anyone knows what kind of salary range a mid career applicant with 5 years banking experience, as well as a 2nd Upper honors would be able to get in 2012?

Has the jobscope and career longevity improved since 2011?

Any advice will be much appreciated as I'm going for a psychometric test soon

Unregistered 15-02-2013 06:39 PM

no news :O

I sat for the psychometric test about 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard from them yet..not sure if I should continue to wait or drop them an email to ask about the assessment outcome.

In any case, I haven't graduated (will grad only in May). So is there a possibility they're not contacting me yet 'cos I won't be able to join them till I graduate? But really is applying for jobs now that too early? I'm quite curious..normally when do people start applying for jobs? I thought applying for jobs a few months before graduation is quite normal O_O?

I know someone who sat for the test (different day from me) and received a call the following day asking her whether she was comfortable with the work location (heard that she'd have to report somewhere super far from her place). uh...

Unregistered 17-02-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33245)
I sat for the psychometric test about 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard from them yet..not sure if I should continue to wait or drop them an email to ask about the assessment outcome.

In any case, I haven't graduated (will grad only in May). So is there a possibility they're not contacting me yet 'cos I won't be able to join them till I graduate? But really is applying for jobs now that too early? I'm quite curious..normally when do people start applying for jobs? I thought applying for jobs a few months before graduation is quite normal O_O?

I know someone who sat for the test (different day from me) and received a call the following day asking her whether she was comfortable with the work location (heard that she'd have to report somewhere super far from her place). uh...

Gosh I'm in the exact same position as you! No news after taking the psychometric test in end Jan :(
I'm guessing that the difference in response rates might be due to the number of applicants for the respective positions? Maybe the position that your friend applied for has relatively fewer applicants, which explains the prompt reply? ...Well, I'm trying to stay hopeful!

Anyway, I'm also graduating in May and many of my friends who are graduating at the same time as me are also busy applying for jobs. So I guess that's pretty much the norm.

Charlie Zhang 01-03-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29937)
anyone knows what kind of salary range a mid career applicant with 5 years banking experience, as well as a 2nd Upper honors would be able to get in 2012?

Has the jobscope and career longevity improved since 2011?

Any advice will be much appreciated as I'm going for a psychometric test soon

you should get about 5k in this case. considering your class and no. of years.

Unregistered 11-03-2013 08:44 PM

I applied in April 2012 and I got the job offer in Sept 2012. There was a pyschometric test, an interview, unit preview and medical check up in between, with about one month gap between each event. Dun give up!

Unregistered 16-03-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25736)

LOL, you are already anonymous. Everyone who writes in the forums reveal their salary on condition of anonymity so they can paint a good picture for people who are keen, civil servants and stat board included. That's the purpose of salary.sg!

Honestly, you might as well not post anything. First, if you are looking for some ego boost, we don't know who you are, and nobody's gonna say hey anonymous you are so great! Secondly, you are not helping anyone by saying 'oh i'm dx 11, but i can't tell you anything'.

But honestly, I'm doubting they even "offer" you a DX11. You are just a fisherman trying to get some ego boost. But hey you are not getting any.

Source: Military experience