Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 22-09-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110403)
i got a reply saying i was not successful for the position i applied, but instead they offered two roles and wanted to know my interest
what does that imply? already done PT

Bro may I check when u did your PT?

Unregistered 24-09-2018 06:49 PM

Any one recently hired or knows whats the current starting salary for a local university fresh grad?

Unregistered 30-09-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110451)
Any one recently hired or knows whats the current starting salary for a local university fresh grad?

$2600. but 5 day work week. loads of breaks at canteen and toilet. loads of pointless meetings discussing about things that already been decided by superiors way before hand. good place to just kill 25 years of your life before you retire and do some relax job to wind down your remaining years. try to buy more long sleeve shirts.

Unregistered 02-10-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

I was a fresh graduate from NUS in 2016, 2nd upper honours, offered $3850 as my starting pay (without NS)

Unregistered 03-10-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Depends on honours, classification etc. Need more details.

Unregistered 06-10-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110412)
Bro may I check when u did your PT?

3rd week of august

Unregistered 07-10-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110568)
$2600. but 5 day work week. loads of breaks at canteen and toilet. loads of pointless meetings discussing about things that already been decided by superiors way before hand. good place to just kill 25 years of your life before you retire and do some relax job to wind down your remaining years. try to buy more long sleeve shirts.

you're not stretched because you're deemed to be of low calibre. with replies like that it's easy to know why.

Unregistered 08-10-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110628)
Depends on honours, classification etc. Need more details.

Male, graduated from nus this year with 2nd lower

Unregistered 10-10-2018 02:09 PM

Security clearance will take how Long usually?

Unregistered 15-10-2018 12:27 PM

Written test before interview

Anyone gone for the written test before the actual interview? What is the written test about?

Unregistered 15-10-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110568)

Applies to scholars and white horses as well, but I say multiply the starting salary by 2-3 times. Golden parachute to GLCs at the end of your career a possibility.

Unregistered 16-10-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110872)
Applies to scholars and white horses as well, but I say multiply the starting salary by 2-3 times. Golden parachute to GLCs at the end of your career a possibility.

lol 2 ignorant people who pretends to know the job.

Unregistered 22-10-2018 03:05 PM

Anyone did the PT on 10 Oct and gotten a call/reply?

Unregistered 22-10-2018 06:17 PM

Current job vacancies for many of the post are having title of manager.

Requirements are that tertiary and/or no experience candidates.

So, they really do hire Diploma holders with no working experience to be managers? How does that even work? Or is it just title inflation?

Unregistered 23-10-2018 10:43 PM

Manager position under 4k

Giving back to the community

Almost 2019 already, below 4k for manager. The post came with an asterix meaning no experience also can apply.

Salary does not commensurate with experience.

8 years of relevant experience
Relevant NTU Masters degree
Private university
To be fair, I hope to climb up to managerial.
No matter how I count, dunno how they count. 1 year 100 is it? Maybe it makes sense if my private degree starts at 2600.

Manager and above, the PT score determines if HR software automatically sends you an email of rejection once your score is filled in.

The lady whom I spoke with sounded really desperate and dejected, must have been scolded by so many candidates with experience, offering them under 4k when their previous job was in the 6 or 7k region.

This shows you that government is now trying to absorb jobless people with minimum wage.

The good thing is the solid bonuses and family oriented culture. Never going to small business ever.

Unregistered 24-10-2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111068)
Current job vacancies for many of the post are having title of manager.

Requirements are that tertiary and/or no experience candidates.

So, they really do hire Diploma holders with no working experience to be managers? How does that even work? Or is it just title inflation?

tertiary here refers to degree holders. its not title inflation.

normanlai 25-10-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111058)

Rejection email will reach within 3 working days if your score is not within their range. Maybe more people are hoping to resign from their current position, so HR is swamped with applicants hoping to start work in 2019.

If you have waited till now, no news is good news. You may consider to contact HR.

normanlai 25-10-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111106)
tertiary here refers to degree holders. its not title inflation.

Having worked in both public and private, both have managers that are really bottom feeders without anyone to manage. I'm not including OL that may serve as admin support to multiple people.

Title inflation is so rampant nowadays the executive application form asks to indicate number of subordinates.

Unregistered 07-11-2018 01:50 PM

Anyone went for the PT on 1 Nov and have received any reply from Mindef? I know it will take quite long but can’t help but feel anxious haha.

Unregistered 07-11-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111448)
Anyone went for the PT on 1 Nov and have received any reply from Mindef? I know it will take quite long but can’t help but feel anxious haha.

Rejection very fast, hiring takes forever.
Don't forget now end of year all go holiday plus surge in people applying for new job in the new year.

Unregistered 12-11-2018 05:29 PM

Hi, I have a diploma in law. Looking to become a legal executive DXO. I have 1 year of working experience in a law firm. Any idea What is the starting pay I’ll be looking at?

Unregistered 13-11-2018 08:28 PM

SAF officer pay grade:
FY2013 (ended Mar 2013) - $611,000
FY2014 (ended Mar 2014) - $1,750,000 to $1,999,999 band
FY2015 (ended Mar 2015) - $2,311,023
FY2016 (ended Mar 2016) - $1,871,714
FY2017 (ended Mar 2017) - [no longer reported as SMRT was privatised]
FY2018 (ended Mar 2018) - [no longer reported as SMRT was privatised]

How to sign on to be a highly paid military officer that will never be at risk of fighting a war?

Unregistered 14-11-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111607)
SAF officer pay grade:

How to sign on to be a highly paid military officer that will never be at risk of fighting a war?

Actually SAF officer scheme just lie low and do nothing and you can be set for life. Don't be like this idiot who threw away future cushy GLC directorships all for the bottle.
://.asiaone.com/singapore/former-rsaf-lieutenant-colonel-jailed-second-drink-driving-conviction
RSAF LTC Vengadeshwaran jailed for second drink driving conviction

Unregistered 16-11-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110785)
Security clearance will take how Long usually?

HR told me it would take 1-2 months, and it took about 1.8 months? Just slightly less than 2 months. Depends on how busy they are, I think.

Unregistered 16-11-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111607)
SAF officer pay grade:

'There are no poor soldiers, only poor leaders': SMRT chief Neo Kian Hong said of LG Desmond Kuek in CNA today. Disappointed to see a ranking officer taking a below-the-belt swipe at another; what happened to the brotherhood bond amongst serving officers?

Unregistered 19-11-2018 12:14 PM

Anyone has any idea what questions are asked for the writing component before the interview? From what I’ve read, some say that they ask why you wish to join DXO. This was many years ago though, not sure how accurate it is.

Unregistered 20-11-2018 10:09 PM

Just write an essay on how you want a 9-5 iron rice bowl job with good bonuses. If you scratch enough backs when your boss get into a cushy GLC job he will scratch your back too.

Unregistered 22-11-2018 11:21 PM

Desmond Kuek set up company to give leadership training

His company will be doing all the conversion from uniformed to civilian course and earning Skill Footure money at the same time.
Imagine the amount of generals taking up his course every year.

Unregistered 03-12-2018 06:00 PM

Dxo Interview

Hi, advice needed 😅 I was shortlisted for an interview, but i already have a holiday planned. I called HR to ask if I could postpone the interview, but she mentioned that the chances are very low. Anyone been in this situation before? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 03-12-2018 07:07 PM

Anyone knows if degrees from SUSS are being considered? Assuming you get the job, how much would a pass degree fetch?

Unregistered 03-12-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112130)
Anyone knows if degrees from SUSS are being considered? Assuming you get the job, how much would a pass degree fetch?

Considered. Will be in the same scheme as the local universities but a much lower salary. Depending on which job you are applying for. Should be around 2.8-3k range for mx schemes.

Unregistered 05-12-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111058)

Hi, I also took the PT on 10 Oct till now no reply...almost 2 months already. will probably contact HR soon to update my status. lol damn long sia for MINDEF to update PT results. I cant imagine waiting for the interview slots/results at this rate

Unregistered 12-12-2018 11:24 AM

If this info can help anyone:

I did PT on third week of Oct 2018, got no news for 8 weeks, did my interview last week, unit preview this week, medical next week.

Until you get any email confirming that you are rejected, still got chance.

Unregistered 14-12-2018 02:21 PM

Dunno why this time there is no executive and executive assistant position. Have been waiting till now after my 2 rejection after site preview last year. :(

xiaoptimist 18-12-2018 11:20 AM

written test

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110869)
Anyone gone for the written test before the actual interview? What is the written test about?

It’s really about what role you’ve applied for. Went for a few gov job interview with a written test before the same day panel interview. Questions vary but quite standard. For examples, HR roles will ask you about best HR practices etc. May include general questions also such as why do you wanna join the public sector. Sometimes you only have to choose 1 out of a few questions to answer. Sometimes need to answer all questions. So read carefully. You won’t have much time to finish but don’t worry, I think they generally just wanna see how you write and briefly your thoughts on the particular issue. They may read and bring it up during the panel interview. So you can further elaborate if they do! All the best :)

Unregistered 18-12-2018 12:04 PM

Interview results

Hi all, did my PT and went for first round of interview last week. Waiting for results but I saw on forum that some got call a few days for site preview after the 1st interview. Abit worried now.

How long did you guys wait for the result after your interview?

Unregistered 19-12-2018 09:50 PM

Can see alot of applicants want to huat in MINDEF.. That bui bui general destroyed NOL.. now he is destroying SPH.. just becos he was a general, he got the CEO jobs.. hai..

Unregistered 10-01-2019 11:42 AM

My experience at the inteview

happy new year, time to give back to the community as hiring warms up!

I went for my interview, now awaiting site preview. HR said she will call within 2 weeks if I am further shortlisted.

I enquired with my future boss about the site preview. He said it is just for people who have never been inside a camp, to get a culture shock and possibly, reject the job immediately. Rarely do commanders have the task of shortlisting candidates at site preview these days. Usually, when HR offers the salary, people will also run, no need for them to strike off.

HR said, from the site preview to signing, 6 weeks. People also get rejected for clearance issues. If I count from today, I may start work in the middle of March.

If you see asterix * on DXO recruitment page, 90% it is just a beginner officer job, meaning equivalent to a fresh sign on CPT. though it says "manager", you likely have nobody to manage. They just need a title for the sake of corporate people like me to be tempted.

The commander did make a good point though. In the military things work differently. Unless you consider a cleaning supervisor with 10 cleaners as "managerial" otherwise most jobs in the military now do not require managing people. Based on your appointment, people must take your instruction. Usually, only scholars who got parachuted in will have people to manage.

The job description will be 50% different from the website. HR cited, military secrecy.

the interview question asked about challenges and weakness. It does not matter to my future boss, he said it is part of the HR process.

I concur with someone's advises on this forum. Part of the skill tested is to be extremely familiar with the real job description put in your hands for only 30 mins. Too many candidates fighting for simple jobs.

It is a very simple quantitative process, HR must tick all the boxes to invite you to site preview.

Unregistered 12-01-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110710)
you're not stretched because you're deemed to be of low calibre. with replies like that it's easy to know why.

LOL yeah i agree. 2.6k is besides the point. unambitious loser spotted in hin/her. who in their right mind would want to waste 25 years of their lives?????

Unregistered 15-01-2019 07:37 PM

I was offered a salary of $3.9k for a managerial position in dxo, a drop of almost $500 from my current pay. In terms of degree and experience, I have a FCH degree from local uni and almost 2.5 years of experience in the same field (finance). No army. Do you think this is a reasonable offer?

From what i’ve read in the forum, dxo fresh grad pay seems to be around this range, so i’m not sure if what they are offering me is reasonable?