Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 12-05-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133887)
Yes because I’m one of those waiting as well. PT is on hold till after CB.

they got back to u alrd?

Unregistered 12-05-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133695)
just apply!! i don't think it replaces a degree but you can always try.

hi, i got a reply from mindef to submit my documents and resume. what does that means? they nv mention about interview though.

Unregistered 12-05-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133908)
hi, i got a reply from mindef to submit my documents and resume. what does that means? they nv mention about interview though.

The first stage of recruitment can be to fill up forms. Means they can consider your application.

Unregistered 12-05-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133909)
The first stage of recruitment can be to fill up forms. Means they can consider your application.

thanks! didnt know i will get a reply. does exec position need to do pt?

Unregistered 13-05-2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133910)
thanks! didnt know i will get a reply. does exec position need to do pt?

Nope no need. That why they can straught away collect info from you.

Most others will get there when they invite them for PT

Unregistered 13-05-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133929)
Nope no need. That why they can straught away collect info from you.

Most others will get there when they invite them for PT

thanks man! hopefully can get call up for interview! will prepare all the documents tonight. this forum really helps!

Unregistered 13-05-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133857)
How long have you waited between PT and the day you received news from HR regarding the interview?

My PT was done at the start of the year for another position but sadly missed the interview as I was on overseas trip so I think the second part of the question wont be valid haha

Unregistered 13-05-2020 11:23 AM

Can’t get any of the recruiter, so I guess all wfh, so all interview (site) I guess is delay until after cb?

Anyone else got anything?

Unregistered 13-05-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133954)
Can’t get any of the recruiter, so I guess all wfh, so all interview (site) I guess is delay until after cb?

Anyone else got anything?

my exec position, the recruiter get back to me within days to sent them documents.

Unregistered 13-05-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133959)
my exec position, the recruiter get back to me within days to sent them documents.

documents usually they can WFH no problem.

interviews and stuffs would take some time to coordinate, cause MINDEF/SAF not very digital for obvious security reasons - so they need to organise e-interviews and stuffs.

im also sure they would prioritise jobs that need in urgent demand first.

Unregistered 13-05-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133961)
documents usually they can WFH no problem.

interviews and stuffs would take some time to coordinate, cause MINDEF/SAF not very digital for obvious security reasons - so they need to organise e-interviews and stuffs.

im also sure they would prioritise jobs that need in urgent demand first.

Yeah I agree that they will need time to coordinate etc but it will be nice of them to at least tell us you are shortlisted for site interview etc but unable to carry that out now etc, now is like waiting in the blind..for those with job offer might be in a tough spot

Unregistered 13-05-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133962)
Yeah I agree that they will need time to coordinate etc but it will be nice of them to at least tell us you are shortlisted for site interview etc but unable to carry that out now etc, now is like waiting in the blind..for those with job offer might be in a tough spot

im not a HR person, but i can imagine how much things they are handling because of COVID now.

anyway, usually the process is

(1) interview with HR and Hiring Mgr
(2) interview with Hiring Mgr at Site

the waiting game is norm - it applies to everyone, including myself when i first join. you can nudge them to ask for a follow-up (kindly), and see what they tell you to do.

Of course they shortlist through their metrics, and propose to Hiring Mgr on 'shortlisted' candidate. if Hiring Mgr is not around, then they also cannot make the decision.

Importantly, hiring mgr is all around SG and they work on different ops and schedule, that why now its really a challenge to organise such kind of things.

Unregistered 13-05-2020 01:26 PM

anyone know for executive position salary? and job grade is it 6-7? thanks

Unregistered 13-05-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133963)
im not a HR person, but i can imagine how much things they are handling because of COVID now.

anyway, usually the process is

(1) interview with HR and Hiring Mgr
(2) interview with Hiring Mgr at Site

the waiting game is norm - it applies to everyone, including myself when i first join. you can nudge them to ask for a follow-up (kindly), and see what they tell you to do.

Of course they shortlist through their metrics, and propose to Hiring Mgr on 'shortlisted' candidate. if Hiring Mgr is not around, then they also cannot make the decision.

Importantly, hiring mgr is all around SG and they work on different ops and schedule, that why now its really a challenge to organise such kind of things.

I agree with you 100% on their workload now due to Covid 19 but..it will nice to at least have an update like no update from hiring manager etc yet..but oh well..guess it is part of the job

Unregistered 13-05-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133967)
I agree with you 100% on their workload now due to Covid 19 but..it will nice to at least have an update like no update from hiring manager etc yet..but oh well..guess it is part of the job

I also applied for a position with MINDEF during this period. Thus far, I have not received an invitation for PT yet. They have, however, requested that I apply for an additional role and submit more documents.

I am currently a civil servant (in fact, posted here before so hi again everyone!) and I believe that most civil servants are being mobilized for covid-19 stuffs. Therefore, I would believe that the manpower for the existing functions like HR are being stretched now. So this could probably explain why they may have overlooked to send you an update.

Also, I think recruitment as a whole (whether MINDEF or anywhere else) would be slowed lah unless the position is really really urgent. So we really bobian, have to suck it up and play the waiting game.

All the best bro/sis. Keep us updated on your progress.

Unregistered 13-05-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133966)
anyone know for executive position salary? and job grade is it 6-7? thanks

not really sure but executive is a diploma level/diploma pay position

Unregistered 13-05-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134001)
not really sure but executive is a diploma level/diploma pay position

yeah i know its a diploma level job, just wondering how much is the starting pay and will mindef low ba your salary?

Unregistered 13-05-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134009)
yeah i know its a diploma level job, just wondering how much is the starting pay and will mindef low ba your salary?

i mean low ball

Unregistered 13-05-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134009)

around 2400-2800 for new entrant??

civil service salary structure for non degree holder a bit low one :(

Unregistered 13-05-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134020)
around 2400-2800 for new entrant??

civil service salary structure for non degree holder a bit low one :(

haha its okay, will try to work myself up if got the chance. thanks for the info!

Unregistered 14-05-2020 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134010)
i mean low ball

The salary range for MINDEF is pretty much standardized to your DX grade.

The only way HR can lowball your is to appoint you with a lower starting grade than usual. This is uncommon but can happen to roles with no minimum estab.

Standard practice across public service to private sector employees is that the offer is usually 10 – 20% more than your last drawn salary indicated.

Unregistered 14-05-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134070)
The salary range for MINDEF is pretty much standardized to your DX grade.

The only way HR can lowball your is to appoint you with a lower starting grade than usual. This is uncommon but can happen to roles with no minimum estab.

Standard practice across public service to private sector employees is that the offer is usually 10 – 20% more than your last drawn salary indicated.

noted! thanks for the info bro! appreciated it!

Unregistered 14-05-2020 01:51 PM

Anyone got any update from Mindef for 1st interview result? or at least heard anything from Mindef yet?

Unregistered 14-05-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134071)
noted! thanks for the info bro! appreciated it!

depends. if you jump from a o level position/o level pay range to a degree level. you will jump more than 20%. For eg, ur current o level position in public sector is $1,400 to $1,800 and the degree position starts at $2,800 to $4,000. Considering ur exp and after u get ur degree,u will jump from $1,800 to $3,000+

As for private sector and sme and same scenario, they will still use ur 1.8 add 10 to 15% max even if the new position u applied for is a degree level and the range is $2,800 to $4,000. Which means u still be getting less than 2.8.

Thus in private sector, ur first job is very impt because it determines ur next job salary.

Unregistered 14-05-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134101)
Anyone got any update from Mindef for 1st interview result? or at least heard anything from Mindef yet?

rejected after psychometric test, tried to reapply but got ignored lol

Unregistered 14-05-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133971)
I also applied for a position with MINDEF during this period. Thus far, I have not received an invitation for PT yet. They have, however, requested that I apply for an additional role and submit more documents.

I am currently a civil servant (in fact, posted here before so hi again everyone!) and I believe that most civil servants are being mobilized for covid-19 stuffs. Therefore, I would believe that the manpower for the existing functions like HR are being stretched now. So this could probably explain why they may have overlooked to send you an update.

Also, I think recruitment as a whole (whether MINDEF or anywhere else) would be slowed lah unless the position is really really urgent. So we really bobian, have to suck it up and play the waiting game.

All the best bro/sis. Keep us updated on your progress.

Why don't you request for posting/secondment from current ministry?

Unregistered 14-05-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134116)
Why don't you request for posting/secondment from current ministry?

Long story.

One of the major reasons would be that to be eligible for posting, movement or secondment from current statutory board/Ministry, one needs to be emplaced on permanent establishment. My understanding is that those on contract/probation (my Ministry practices a 2 year-contract for fresh hires and there have been instances where the contract was not renewed - far more than you think). would not be eligible.

Unregistered 14-05-2020 10:04 PM

I am running side job but me wanting to apply for a role in civil service means I have to let go.. :(

Unregistered 15-05-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134147)
Long story.

One of the major reasons would be that to be eligible for posting, movement or secondment from current statutory board/Ministry, one needs to be emplaced on permanent establishment. My understanding is that those on contract/probation (my Ministry practices a 2 year-contract for fresh hires and there have been instances where the contract was not renewed - far more than you think). would not be eligible.

can give a hint which min is that

Unregistered 15-05-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134169)
can give a hint which min is that

Home Affairs

Unregistered 16-05-2020 09:20 PM

A senior manager as a DXO is which level and how much can we expect for salary?

Unregistered 16-05-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134305)
A senior manager as a DXO is which level and how much can we expect for salary?

7K thereabouts. 16 to 17 month package.

Unregistered 17-05-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134326)
7K thereabouts. 16 to 17 month package.

About 15-16 package more accurate

Unregistered 17-05-2020 07:50 AM

does submitting documents means you will definately get call up for an interview?

Unregistered 17-05-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134340)
does submitting documents means you will definately get call up for an interview?

No. Lol. Means they will process it.

Unregistered 17-05-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134352)
No. Lol. Means they will process it.

tt means only a chance of getting call up for interview? so now only depends on the hiring manager to whether give you a chance for interview? thanks in advanced

Unregistered 17-05-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134330)
About 15-16 package more accurate

So that which DX rank? Any idea the salary cap?

Unregistered 17-05-2020 11:01 AM

salary im not sure but should be dx10.

Unregistered 17-05-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134365)
salary im not sure but should be dx10.

Around 8 to 9K pm for average DXOs on retirement. Not including bonuses.

Unregistered 17-05-2020 01:27 PM

Anyone gotten any reply regarding site interview or is all stopped?

I emailed the HR personnel but no responds at all...or I am also removed from the considered list after some time?