Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 04-05-2024 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277679)
fresh grad with internship experience

Wow, 6k+ is a very high starting pay for fresh grad...

Are you doing tech or something as a DXO?

Unregistered 04-05-2024 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277693)
HR?

My experience was weird. I just went for interview.

Mid Apr - submitted application
Mid-Late Apr - got a phone call by hiring unit. Head Branch called me for a phone interview
End Apr - went down for unit preview and second interview

Same day, i was already given g50 form. While the hiring unit appeared keen to hire me, they were professional enough to remain pokerfaced and didn’t explicitly tell me that I am the chosen candidate.

HR didnt contact me…

What was your experience like? I dont think I will fail G50 clearance because I am also from another gov agency with similar stringent security requirements.

Oh mine was similar like up till interview process. And then after that HR reached out to me to submit G50 (concurrently emailed the hiring manager for confirmation and she mentioned keen to consider which is why they ask HR to go ahead with the G50 process. Formal offer will be given after clearance is cleared).

I went down to attend the security vetting session early April. After that HR did reached out again to submit documents + medical declaration form. That was about 2 weeks ago. Current status: still pending more updates from their side.

Unregistered 04-05-2024 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277704)
Wow, 6k+ is a very high starting pay for fresh grad...
Are you doing tech or something as a DXO?

It sounds too good to be true.
Probably, a fake post.

The 2 week security clearance is a dead giveaway.

The posts are designed to make genuine applicants unhappy.

Unregistered 04-05-2024 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277707)
Oh mine was similar like up till interview process. And then after that HR reached out to me to submit G50 (concurrently emailed the hiring manager for confirmation and she mentioned keen to consider which is why they ask HR to go ahead with the G50 process. Formal offer will be given after clearance is cleared).

I went down to attend the security vetting session early April. After that HR did reached out again to submit documents + medical declaration form. That was about 2 weeks ago. Current status: still pending more updates from their side.

Hii I was the original poster of the post that you replied to. What was your waiting timeline? From application -> interview -> submission of G50 -> security vetting

Security vetting seems strange. In my current role at another Ministry, I am quite highly cleared but there was no security vetting when I applied. I guess MINDEF doesnt take risks with national security and rightfully so haha

I hope it isnt a long wait for it.

Unregistered 04-05-2024 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277667)
i passed security clearance in 2wks, pay 6k+

i misread the thread as DSO 😅
doing analog design

Unregistered 04-05-2024 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277760)
i misread the thread as DSO 😅
doing analog design

wow congrats 6k as a fresh grad, dso and dsta are known for paying well, maybe i should go back to study more hahaha

Unregistered 04-05-2024 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277743)
Hii I was the original poster of the post that you replied to. What was your waiting timeline? From application -> interview -> submission of G50 -> security vetting

Security vetting seems strange. In my current role at another Ministry, I am quite highly cleared but there was no security vetting when I applied. I guess MINDEF doesnt take risks with national security and rightfully so haha

I hope it isnt a long wait for it.

Applied: Early Feb
Interview + writing assignment: Mid to End Feb
Submission of G50: Early to Mid March
Security vetting session: Early April
Submission of docs+medical declaration form: Mid April

Fresh grad, female, and first time applying for gov sector job. I am honestly not sure how everything works etc. But yea, was a bit taken aback by the long wait for clearance (although my hiring manager mentioned will take about 1-2 months).

I did checked-in with HR about updates one week ago and she mentioned currently pending updates from department & her colleague will get back to me again. Hopefully she will contact soon again (before me chasing her for an update in 2 weeks time haha).

Unregistered 06-05-2024 11:41 AM

How long does it take for MHRD get back to u with salary?

Unregistered 06-05-2024 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277777)
Applied: Early Feb
Interview + writing assignment: Mid to End Feb
Submission of G50: Early to Mid March
Security vetting session: Early April
Submission of docs+medical declaration form: Mid April

Fresh grad, female, and first time applying for gov sector job. I am honestly not sure how everything works etc. But yea, was a bit taken aback by the long wait for clearance (although my hiring manager mentioned will take about 1-2 months).

I did checked-in with HR about updates one week ago and she mentioned currently pending updates from department & her colleague will get back to me again. Hopefully she will contact soon again (before me chasing her for an update in 2 weeks time haha).

Keep me updated!

Just to share right… usually in gov hiring process the waiting time can get quite long. I have about 7 years of experience in civil service. My current role also needs high security clearance and for that, i remembered waiting 1 month for my G50 to clear.

Its just that even by Gov standards, the hiring timeline for Mindef is opaque and very long.

Unregistered 07-05-2024 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270292)
Just to share my current timeline:

End Jan 2024- Contacted by hiring manager/hiring team for an informal interview
Early Feb 2024- went for the informal interview
Early Feb 2024 (before CNY)- did a writing test
Mid Feb 2024 (after CNY)- meet with another hiring manager (same department tho) for an informal interview.
Early March 2024- HR contacted me to submit G50. No verbal offer, but hiring manager said formal offer will be made once cleared the G50.

Any updates? Have you signed the package?

Unregistered 07-05-2024 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 277929)
Any updates? Have you signed the package?

Nope. Still pending at clearance stage.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 10:29 AM

Is it peak hiring season now? HR not replying?

Unregistered 08-05-2024 11:25 AM

Guys I am at the clearance stage (Tbh near final stage liao I think), but I happened to have another offer along the way. Might have to make a decision soon. How uh? I still want the offer from mindef side la…. But feel like it’s taking quite long. Plus anything can happen as long as I have yet clear the security clearance stage right…. Like got risk la haha. Should I mention it to the hiring manager and see if they can speed up the process? Any advice? Thanks!

Unregistered 08-05-2024 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278010)
Guys I am at the clearance stage (Tbh near final stage liao I think), but I happened to have another offer along the way. Might have to make a decision soon. How uh? I still want the offer from mindef side la…. But feel like it’s taking quite long. Plus anything can happen as long as I have yet clear the security clearance stage right…. Like got risk la haha. Should I mention it to the hiring manager and see if they can speed up the process? Any advice? Thanks!

you can let them know you have a competing offer

Unregistered 08-05-2024 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278011)
you can let them know you have a competing offer

Then they might decide to drop you for another one on their shortlist.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278014)
Then they might decide to drop you for another one on their shortlist.

That could also kind of show that you not the top candidate they actually want right? I dk about others, but I feel that if they really want to offer you, won’t straight away drop the candidate but rather communicate or if both sides can work something out.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278015)
That could also kind of show that you not the top candidate they actually want right? I dk about others, but I feel that if they really want to offer you, won’t straight away drop the candidate but rather communicate or if both sides can work something out.

Why risk it? Accept the other offer and move on.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

How long have you waited? What was your timeline?

Unregistered 08-05-2024 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278023)
How long have you waited? What was your timeline?

Interview in Feb, then clearance started somewhere in March…. So so far in total waited about 2-3 months.

Unregistered 08-05-2024 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278025)
Interview in Feb, then clearance started somewhere in March…. So so far in total waited about 2-3 months.

Wahh what position is this? Policy related?

If wait for 2-3 months = die for me siaa haha.

Did hiring side contact you via phone? If not try whatsapping them for status update?

Unregistered 09-05-2024 07:35 AM

Anyone got shortlisted for interview at jurong camp 1 for finance role?

Unregistered 09-05-2024 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278045)
Wahh what position is this? Policy related?

If wait for 2-3 months = die for me siaa haha.

Did hiring side contact you via phone? If not try whatsapping them for status update?

Yep policy related. Yaaaaa I am also almost at my wits end in terms of waiting haha. Will check with HR/Hiring manager about it.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278025)

that is for your g50 clearance?

Unregistered 09-05-2024 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278101)
that is for your g50 clearance?

Yep G50 clearance started in March. So up till now, about 2 months waiting period.

Unregistered 09-05-2024 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278104)
Yep G50 clearance started in March. So up till now, about 2 months waiting period.

Seen quite a lot waiting couple of months between 3-5

Unregistered 10-05-2024 08:07 AM

Quote:

OP of this. Just an update, my clearance just got cleared! Will be hearing from HR soon about the package + signing contract.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278124)
Seen quite a lot waiting couple of months between 3-5

Probably due to new uni grads coming into the workforce.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278177)
OP of this. Just an update, my clearance just got cleared! Will be hearing from HR soon about the package + signing contract.

Can share the timeline for each stage I.e. When did you went for interview, submit g50 and etc?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278207)
Can share the timeline for each stage I.e. When did you went for interview, submit g50 and etc?

Feb: Interview + writing assignment
March: Was notified selected and subsequently started G50; submitted in March.
April: Went for security vetting session
May: Notified that I passed clearance and HR will be in contact soon for the package

Will update here if there’s any further updates.

Benni 10-05-2024 11:44 PM

Applied in 3rd week March. Got called for interview in 2 weeks' time.

Unregistered 11-05-2024 09:59 AM

What’s the pay/pay range like for assistant manager? Female & recent uni grad.

Unregistered 12-05-2024 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278296)
What’s the pay/pay range like for assistant manager? Female & recent uni grad.

Nobody can give you a confirmed answer so no point asking. You will find out when you sign your contract.

I would rather much people share their application timeline or experiences here. Too much of the “what is the pay like?” kinda questions. Dude. Use your brain. With such a sensitive organisation like MINDEF, do you think people would give you even a sensing of the confirmed pay range?

Unregistered 13-05-2024 01:40 AM

Ad reposts on careersgov=gg?

Hi all,

I applied for a post. Went thru 2 rounds of interview including a unit preview which was less than 2 weeks ago.

On the same day of my final interview, the unit (not the HR) sent me a G50 form to be completed.

Today, i saw the ad being reposted. But it was reposted with a bunch of other MINDEF ads lah. So is it just an auto-thing? Or really kena reject liao?

Unregistered 13-05-2024 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278523)
Hi all,

I applied for a post. Went thru 2 rounds of interview including a unit preview which was less than 2 weeks ago.

On the same day of my final interview, the unit (not the HR) sent me a G50 form to be completed.

Today, i saw the ad being reposted. But it was reposted with a bunch of other MINDEF ads lah. So is it just an auto-thing? Or really kena reject liao?

likely you are the first choice already. asked you to submit G50 so they can start the security clearance asap.

Unregistered 13-05-2024 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278526)
likely you are the first choice already. asked you to submit G50 so they can start the security clearance asap.

The hard truth is that some may reject the offers.
The waiting period is currently 2 to 3 months from interview to job offer.
The recruiter may be just putting up the job as in case the offer is rejected.

Unregistered 15-05-2024 03:57 PM

What is the usual DX title that an average person usually gets stuck at? DX11? DX12?

Unregistered 15-05-2024 04:00 PM

On average, how many years does it take to go from DX10 to DX11?

Unregistered 15-05-2024 04:47 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

Any updates to your g50?

Unregistered 15-05-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

It could mean a lot of things… like maybe they intend to hire more candidate for that role, or different level of DX grade (eg hire not just for manager position but also senior manager etc). Don’t think it means rejection…. as if it’s really the case, why would they still spend the time and effort asking you to go through G50 process man.

Unregistered 15-05-2024 10:12 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

it has been how many weeks since you submit the G50?
did they give u estimated time line to complete the g50 clearance?