Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 11-07-2018 09:47 AM

Anybody took PT in June and receive call for interview/rejection yet?

Unregistered 11-07-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108747)
Anybody took PT in June and receive call for interview/rejection yet?

Took mine in early June. Tried checking with the HR and was told it will take 3 to 4 weeks from PT. For me is already 5 weeks but still waiting. Like wat others said no news is good news.

Unregistered 11-07-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108772)
Took mine in early June. Tried checking with the HR and was told it will take 3 to 4 weeks from PT. For me is already 5 weeks but still waiting. Like wat others said no news is good news.

I waited for 5 weeks before I receive the invitation to an interview. So not to worry too much 😉

Unregistered 11-07-2018 10:11 PM

Hi everyone,

I’m a local diploma holder and a DL degree holder. I have applied for executive positions in mindef and was asked to submit the personal particulars form but not for PT. May i know does this mean that i have no chance anymore? I have 6 years of working experience. thankyou!

Unregistered 12-07-2018 03:31 AM

Anyone encountered this before?

Got official email to inform that I was not further shortlisted. I only went for PT and no interview.

But one week later, a HR personnel called and checked further on my expecting salary and availability.

Does that mean I am still having a chance on the job position I applied or should I go submit application for another role in which I have interest too?

Appreciate any advice, thanks.

Unregistered 12-07-2018 01:53 PM

Document

Is it better to submit hardcopy or email soft copy document?

Wonder which one has better chance of the HR or recruitment officer receiving them.

Unregistered 13-07-2018 10:53 PM

DXEA pay

Hi all,

i’m a private degree holder currently holding 3.2k+ pay. i applied for dxea position and they can only offer me <$3k. May i know what is the yearly increment like for dxea (is it the same as dxo) and how long will it takes me to reach my current pay?

thank you for your help!

Unregistered 16-07-2018 12:08 PM

Psychometric Test

Hi,

Has anyone went to the PT recently? I applied for a position in Cyber Security and IT. Is all the PT same?

Thanks!

Unregistered 16-07-2018 12:11 PM

Psychometric Test

Hi,

I applied a position in Cyber Security and IT. Anyone went for the PT recently? Is all the PT same?

Unregistered 16-07-2018 07:08 PM

Hi, does anyone know how long do I need to wait for the interview after reapplying?

Unregistered 23-07-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108772)

Updating the status.

Called the HR Dept and was told that the application is still with the hiring Unit.
The HR Executive said there will be a email to inform even if not selected further.

Unregistered 23-07-2018 06:08 PM

Hi guys, just to give a rough timeframe for PT to interview/rejection:
I took my PT on 8 June, and received a rejection email on 20 July. Hope it helps.
I have just re-applied for other dxo positions. Fingers crossed.
Good luck to everybody!

Unregistered 23-07-2018 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109055)
I took my PT on 8 June, and received a rejection email on 20 July. Hope it helps.
Good luck to everybody!

Took mine 2 days before you. No new yet.

Unregistered 24-07-2018 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109055)
Good luck to everybody!

Took mine 2 days before you. No new yet.

Unregistered 24-07-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109047)
Updating the status.

Called the HR Dept and was told that the application is still with the hiring Unit.
The HR Executive said there will be a email to inform even if not selected further.

Status update.

Just got a rejection email abt 2 hrs.

Unregistered 24-07-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109082)
Status update.

Just got a rejection email abt 2 hrs.

Don't be disheartened. Can consider reapplying. 💪💪💪

Unregistered 25-07-2018 01:14 AM

Applied in June. Have yet to receive any news. Guess I did not meet their requirements.

Unregistered 25-07-2018 11:36 AM

No news after site preview

Hi, anyone knows how Long it takes for verbal offer after site preview? thanks!!!

Unregistered 25-07-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109112)
Hi, anyone knows how Long it takes for verbal offer after site preview? thanks!!!

depends on your unit you visited. if the boss wants you, he/she will ask HR to offer you. see how fast the boss reacts.

if they chose others, they will wait for their acceptance or rejection. then you might be put on hold as backup.

Unregistered 26-07-2018 02:15 PM

No news for site preview

Anyone knows how long it takes to be informed for site preview/rejection after the interview?
Have tried to reapply also...

Unregistered 26-07-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109146)
Anyone knows how long it takes to be informed for site preview/rejection after the interview?
Have tried to reapply also...

Have you tried contacting the HR? They will provide you with a status update.

Unregistered 27-07-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109153)
Have you tried contacting the HR? They will provide you with a status update.

Just got rejected :(

Unregistered 27-07-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109177)
Just got rejected :(

How you got rejected? by contacting HR or you received email?

Unregistered 27-07-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109178)
How you got rejected? by contacting HR or you received email?

Email! Hahaha is there a difference between call or email? Just curious..

Unregistered 30-07-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109180)
Email! Hahaha is there a difference between call or email? Just curious..

An email reply is always better than silent rejection.

Unregistered 30-07-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109232)
An email reply is always better than silent rejection.

Agreed, mine been waiting for two weeks ever since received HR call

Unregistered 01-08-2018 01:19 PM

Usually how Long after unit view if offered the job?

tcyeric 01-08-2018 03:54 PM

Any idea what is the pay scale of "assistant manager (administration & finance)"?

luckygirl 02-08-2018 02:29 PM

Hi,

I would like to find out how's the job scope and interview like for Senior Executive Assistant Role in HR?

Submitted my application back in April & was shortlisted. Thereafter, received an email saying I wasn't shortlisted..

Now received an interview from them to attend.
Quite appalled by their process.

Hope someone could share some insights.

Unregistered 02-08-2018 08:28 PM

Hi, anyone tried reapplying before? I reapplied few weeks back and about 2 weeks ago, the HR acknowledge that I did the psychometric test previously. Till now, there is no news of interview 😢

Unregistered 02-08-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcyeric (Post 109272)
Any idea what is the pay scale of "assistant manager (administration & finance)"?

U are shortlisted for test?

tcyeric 02-08-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109313)
U are shortlisted for test?

Going for the test in a few weeks time.

Unregistered 02-08-2018 10:28 PM

How did they take to call u for the test? U degree holder?

tcyeric 02-08-2018 11:13 PM

Quite fast actually, applied on Friday and Monday they emailed me.

I do have a degree but from sim, maybe cause I got work experience (but not very relevant work experience)

Unregistered 03-08-2018 07:48 AM

Haha that fast. Anyway I applied many times also no email. Full acca a and chartered accountant from isca.i also have relevant experience. I think they want people with degree

undetermined 06-08-2018 12:01 PM

psychometric test on 25 July

hi there,

went for psychometric test on 25 july, anyone else went during this period and received a call back?

thanks much!

ridhwan1820 07-08-2018 09:24 PM

Screwed up expected pay bracket

I applied for DXO positions today without realising that the pay for degree holders can be kinda high in region of >4K. I am a first class honors from ntu and in my application i haf stated 3.6k as expected salary. Is this too low? Any chance i can change this?

Will they offer me this amount or will they be fair and pay according to degree class market in DXO? Is the expected salary inclusive of NS?

Unregistered 08-08-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 (Post 109425)
I applied for DXO positions today without realising that the pay for degree holders can be kinda high in region of >4K. I am a first class honors from ntu and in my application i haf stated 3.6k as expected salary. Is this too low? Any chance i can change this?

Will they offer me this amount or will they be fair and pay according to degree class market in DXO? Is the expected salary inclusive of NS?

Can negotiate when offer.

Unregistered 09-08-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckygirl (Post 109298)
Hi,

I would like to find out how's the job scope and interview like for Senior Executive Assistant Role in HR?

Submitted my application back in April & was shortlisted. Thereafter, received an email saying I wasn't shortlisted..

Now received an interview from them to attend.
Quite appalled by their process.

Hope someone could share some insights.

Your situation is quite similar to me . Submitted application in April as well and got rejected via email. Then call to check if I am interested in another position. I responded yes but till now no news

Unregistered 19-08-2018 01:04 PM

Hi guys , to those who got rejected or thinking of giving up , pls do not give up , i have already being rejected for 2 times , last year 1 time and this year 1 time , first time was being rejected at site preview and this year was not even offered a site preview. And i am still waiting for a suitable position to open up and try. Be patient guys , believe that one day you will be a dxo! As long as you have this dream , nothing will hinder. In total include other non-dxo job , i have been rejected a totalof 5 times. I am in a healthcare job currently. Jiayou guys and dun be disheartened!