Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 12-10-2019 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124020)
Hi did the interview went smoothly? I saw mindef posting up hr executive position in jobstreet today. Guess no hope for me.

Don't give up yet 😁 the wait is always long and demoralising. That time for my position they did a refresh in posting too during my long wait but I was still selected

Unregistered 12-10-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124029)
Don't give up yet 😁 the wait is always long and demoralising. That time for my position they did a refresh in posting too during my long wait but I was still selected

U still with them?
Care to share the salary range for ur post?
Thanks!

Btw they didnt ask me to bring anything for the interview on monday..

Unregistered 12-10-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124042)
U still with them?
Thanks!

Thought all docs submitted during PT? Therefore no need bring anything for interview.

Nooby 14-10-2019 01:12 PM

I realised the certain DXO position are not advertised on Mindef DXO career website. However, it is available for application on Career@gov. Any kind souls able to share the reason?
Thank you!

Unregistered 15-10-2019 08:19 AM

Everyone's expectations quite high here... Was wondering if I am able to apply for a executive job even though I have a nitec cert?

Eddie 15-10-2019 09:41 AM

Anyone went for PT on 9th Oct

Anyone received interview callup after PT on 9th Oct 2019? Applied online on 23rd Sep, shortlisted for PT registration on 26th Sep, did PT on 9th Oct.

Unregistered 15-10-2019 10:53 AM

Went for PT on 25th Sept, but was overseas for 2 weeks after that for work.
Sadly, the HR email me saying i shortlisted for interview..but overseas so cannot make it!!

Now she is on leave, so i not sure, i am totally out of the consideration list or just need to wait for another round of Interview

Unregistered 15-10-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124133)
Sadly, the HR email me saying i shortlisted for interview..but overseas so cannot make it!!

Now she is on leave, so i not sure, i am totally out of the consideration list or just need to wait for another round of Interview

I went for PT on 26 sep, still havent receive invitation for interview. When did you receive email for interview?

Unregistered 15-10-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124042)
U still with them?
Thanks!

Nahh I have not sign the contract yet, they still processing my security

Unregistered 15-10-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124133)

Care to share which position you applied for?

Unregistered 15-10-2019 04:29 PM

Interview questions

For those who made it to the interview round and beyond. Was wondering what questions they will ask during the interview?

Unregistered 15-10-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124134)
I went for PT on 26 sep, still havent receive invitation for interview. When did you receive email for interview?

The week after the PT

Unregistered 15-10-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124143)
The week after the PT

envy you sia. so fast.

Unregistered 15-10-2019 06:43 PM

I took my PT on 15 Aug, but still no news till now, didn’t receive the rejection email either. Can I just assume that I wasn’t selected and apply to other positions?

Unregistered 16-10-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124146)
I took my PT on 15 Aug, but still no news till now, didn’t receive the rejection email either. Can I just assume that I wasn’t selected and apply to other positions?

Maybe u are not one of the top choices, can try to email the hr and clarify.

Unregistered 16-10-2019 03:37 PM

Hi, I have received a call from HR to lower my expected salary and
gave me a figure lower than my current pay as the lower range. May I know if anyone here has successfully negotiated for a higher salary? I was told
About my work location and it’s very far from where I reside. Any idea if they can keep my
Profile in view if I passed the interview and inform me when same
Position opens up in other bases?

Unregistered 16-10-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124161)
gave me a figure lower than my current pay as the lower range. May I know if anyone here has successfully negotiated for a higher salary? I was told
About my work location and it’s very far from where I reside. Any idea if they can keep my

When did you go for the PT?

Unregistered 16-10-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124146)

Nope long wait is a good thing here 😁 I submitted my application at July and I'm still in the process of getting recruited lol

Unregistered 16-10-2019 05:14 PM

do they send rejection if not selected for interview after PT? anyone ever got the silent treatment? but i doubt anyone who have received the silent treatment will still be happy enough to post here...

Unregistered 16-10-2019 05:29 PM

MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)

Anyone went for interview for meteorolical study post and have been offered?

Unregistered 16-10-2019 05:30 PM

*meteorological

Unregistered 16-10-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124165)
do they send rejection if not selected for interview after PT? anyone ever got the silent treatment? but i doubt anyone who have received the silent treatment will still be happy enough to post here...

I got silent treatment two years ago. Totally nothing.

Unregistered 16-10-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Not sure about salary, but even if they keep your position open, your reporting manager may be different. unless it is a generic role that disperses to different camps?

if the reporting manager is different, likely that you would need to go for interviews again.

Unregistered 16-10-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124174)
Not sure about salary, but even if they keep your position open, your reporting manager may be different. unless it is a generic role that disperses to different camps?

if the reporting manager is different, likely that you would need to go for interviews again.

Contemplating if I should attend the interview since location isn’t ideal.

Unregistered 16-10-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124162)
When did you go for the PT?

In October

Unregistered 17-10-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124144)
envy you sia. so fast.

I prefer that they are slow, didnt expect such a fast reply. End up i cant attend coz i am overseas from work...haiz, now also dunno have any chance or they already selected someone

Unregistered 17-10-2019 10:42 AM

One of the HR is on leave till 14/10, but today her email indicated she is still on leave:/

Unregistered 17-10-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124187)
One of the HR is on leave till 14/10, but today her email indicated she is still on leave:/

I also got the same HR lady as you. :(

Unregistered 17-10-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124189)
I also got the same HR lady as you. :(

Yeaa when did u apply? I haven got a reply since. The wait is really torturous

Unregistered 17-10-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124190)
Yeaa when did u apply? I haven got a reply since. The wait is really torturous

I applied around mid September then went for PT on 26 September. After that no news since I guess she is the one who will send us email haiss

Unregistered 17-10-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124192)
I applied around mid September then went for PT on 26 September. After that no news since I guess she is the one who will send us email haiss

Guess we have to wait for news, all the best!

Unregistered 17-10-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124193)
Guess we have to wait for news, all the best!

when was your PT

Unregistered 17-10-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124194)
when was your PT

Hr asked for my documents around start of october. Now no response, but they mentioned will update the status of the application

Unregistered 17-10-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124196)
Hr asked for my documents around start of october. Now no response, but they mentioned will update the status of the application

game of patience

Unregistered 17-10-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

able to share the salary they quoted? and for which community? (HR, Logistics, Cyber etc.) since this is anon forum. hope you dont mind sharing. Just to get a sensing on current new entrants and see where i stand. yet.

i got offered 3.9k, 3-4 years ago. Male with NS. Local Uni with pass degree. and i heard they were low balling since last year. probably budget constrains. current salary is 5k+ without promotion. upper C grader.

Btw, regarding your qn, i got rejected for first interview and they called me to offer another position and got selected for interview after 1-2 weeks. so yes they do keep your profile if favourable.

Unregistered 17-10-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124201)
able to share the salary they quoted? and for which community? (HR, Logistics, Cyber etc.) since this is anon forum. hope you dont mind sharing. Just to get a sensing on current new entrants and see where i stand. yet.

i got offered 3.9k, 3-4 years ago. Male with NS. Local Uni with pass degree. and i heard they were low balling since last year. probably budget constrains. current salary is 5k+ without promotion. upper C grader.

Btw, regarding your qn, i got rejected for first interview and they called me to offer another position and got selected for interview after 1-2 weeks. so yes they do keep your profile if favourable.

Hi, thanks for sharing. So the average pay increase is like 200-300 per year?
What is the annual package for like upper C grader? 16 months?

Unregistered 18-10-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124187)

when her leave end uh. Haha.

Unregistered 18-10-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124202)
Hi, thanks for sharing. So the average pay increase is like 200-300 per year?
What is the annual package for like upper C grader? 16 months?

add 200 after probation
add mid 200 every year (varies, criteria unknown)
upper C about 1.5 to 2.0 (yes, upper C still got range, normal C range is 1.25-1.5)

so for me

12 mths salary
13th mth 'salary'
mid year about 0.5
end year about 1.0 (if economy normal), else 0.5 is possible.
Performance bonus 1.5

total 16 months sounds about right. at least 14 to 15 mths if economy bad or performance cui (1.2) or super cui (zero)

disclaimer. my own experience. maybe now they changed policy on how increment works or now start off with lower starting pay.

Unregistered 18-10-2019 01:20 PM

Your application will be retained in our system for 1 year. We welcome you to re-apply after this period and to consider the available positions at that time

Does this msg means I still can apply for other roles within this year? Does it means I pass the PT?

Unregistered 18-10-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124228)
add 200 after probation
add mid 200 every year (varies, criteria unknown)
upper C about 1.5 to 2.0 (yes, upper C still got range, normal C range is 1.25-1.5)

so for me

12 mths salary
13th mth 'salary'
mid year about 0.5
end year about 1.0 (if economy normal), else 0.5 is possible.
Performance bonus 1.5

total 16 months sounds about right. at least 14 to 15 mths if economy bad or performance cui (1.2) or super cui (zero)

disclaimer. my own experience. maybe now they changed policy on how increment works or now start off with lower starting pay.

Thanks for sharing =)
I hope they will go for another round of interview, missed my interview as i was overseas for work

Haiz