Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 13-09-2019 10:52 PM

Fch sure get the job?

Unregistered 13-09-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123331)
how long do they take to contact u for site preview?

One and a half weeks

Unregistered 14-09-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123337)
Fch sure get the job?

wish it was that easy. :(

Unregistered 14-09-2019 11:11 AM

Anyone mid career switch from private to dxo ?

Unregistered 14-09-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123352)
wish it was that easy. :(

Mindef is the hardest ministry to apply job with.

Unregistered 14-09-2019 02:56 PM

4.9k for dsta , 2nd upper local u , tot they offer >5k range :(

Unregistered 14-09-2019 08:40 PM

Site preview after interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123290)
when will they call up for site preview if u are selected for it after interview?

12 days for me. Currently I'm still waiting after site preview... Already 2.5 wks have passed since my site preview

Unregistered 15-09-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123373)
12 days for me. Currently I'm still waiting after site preview... Already 2.5 wks have passed since my site preview

Is your site preview at west area?

Unregistered 15-09-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123378)

I applied for position at Cmpb so my preview is over there

Unregistered 15-09-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123382)
I applied for position at Cmpb so my preview is over there

Have to find out whether any other candidates went for the same site preview.

Unregistered 15-09-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123378)

Your site preview is your workplace, and the purpose is to show you around your environment. Your interview will tell you the potential location of your office/reporting venue.

Could be at MINDEF, CMPB or any of the SAF camps.

Unregistered 17-09-2019 10:09 AM

Anyone know if after unit preview no response after 3 weeks does that mean no chance already?

Unregistered 17-09-2019 11:21 AM

today is exactly one week since i go for interview , still waiting for site preview , dunno still got chance a not. sadd

Unregistered 17-09-2019 11:51 AM

Anyone got the call after taking PT on Sep 11?

Unregistered 17-09-2019 12:41 PM

Anyone who went for PT on 15 Aug got called up for interview alr?

Unregistered 17-09-2019 02:23 PM

did pt on 14 aug. till now no news yet. dayumm.

Unregistered 17-09-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123430)
today is exactly one week since i go for interview , still waiting for site preview , dunno still got chance a not. sadd

Will be fine ah can take up to 14 days, for mine, they contacted me on the 7th day.

Unregistered 17-09-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123468)
Will be fine ah can take up to 14 days, for mine, they contacted me on the 7th day.

So which stage are you at now?

Unregistered 18-09-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123468)

today 8th day alrd. :(

Unregistered 18-09-2019 03:57 PM

Psychometric Test Results

Roughly when will they call up for first interview if PT was on 4 Sept 2019?

Unregistered 19-09-2019 01:38 PM

Hi! Whats the average increment for a DXO? What's the diff between DSO and DXO

Unregistered 19-09-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123532)
Hi! Whats the average increment for a DXO? What's the diff between DSO and DXO

Around 3.5-5% but depends on merit?

DXO is government
DSO is private organisation

DSO payscale is higher than DXO on average.

Unregistered 19-09-2019 07:15 PM

What are some examples of DSO?

Unregistered 19-09-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123542)
What are some examples of DSO?

a lot techy and engineering stuffs? what example do you want?

Hansomeboy 21-09-2019 09:12 PM

PT

Anybody doing PT on 26 Sept?

Hansooo 21-09-2019 09:15 PM

HR manager

Anybody knows around how much salary for manager (HR service standard)?

Unregistered 23-09-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hansomeboy (Post 123593)
Anybody doing PT on 26 Sept?

Doing PT on 25th!

Anyone have any tips? haha

Unregistered 23-09-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123603)
Doing PT on 25th!

U applied which position?

Unregistered 23-09-2019 01:01 PM

Worked as a DXO for awhile, so thought I’d share abit on the process. It took me about 6 months from my point of application to my first day of work. I guess this was considered quite fast with all the PT, interview, site preview, medical, clearance etc scheduled in between. how fast you get the job depends on how fast your hiring manager makes the decision and pushes for your application. Salary is generally a lot higher than what the other ministries/SB are paying. I graduated with just a part time pass degree and was earning a lot more than my peers with honors from local U in other companies. However, $ isn’t everything. The culture and work environment also pays a v impt role. You get to see a lot of incompetent people in the organization cus they don’t really fire people. You get to see all sorts of people in mindef, some are really nice and hardworking, but some can be really lazy and incompetent and they have been that way for many years and it can be hard to change that.

Eventually I made the decision to leave the organization after working for less than a year. Hope you guys find what you’re looking for in mindef.

Unregistered 23-09-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123603)
Doing PT on 25th!

It is important to sleep late the night before. And if you can, indulge in a bit of heavy drinking

Unregistered 23-09-2019 02:41 PM

Worked as a DXO for a few months so I thought maybe I can share some insight. The time and process taken to join is extremely long. I took me about 6/7 months from my online application date to my first day of work. And this was considered fast, with all the PT, interviews, site previews, medical etc scheduled in between. PT is generally easy, do not need be a local uni grad to be shortlisted. I had a part time pass degree with about a few years of non relevant work experience and was still hired out of the rest of the candidates. So all you ppl of there from non local Uni, don’t be too disheartened.

But sad to say, I left the organization last year after a few months due to the toxic work culture. Too many incompetent people in the office, some don’t even know how to use basic excel. It can be hard to change the culture as some of them have been here for 10-20 years and I’m not sure how they manage to survive for so long. But there are also good and hardworking people around. Guess it just depends on where you are posted to/what position you are shortlisted for an interview after the PT. The position you will be interviewed for might not necessarily be the same as the one u applied for.

All the best to all you people applying.

Unregistered 23-09-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123609)
Worked as a DXO for a few months so I thought maybe I can share some insight. The time and process taken to join is extremely long. I took me about 6/7 months from my online application date to my first day of work. And this was considered fast, with all the PT, interviews, site previews, medical etc scheduled in between. PT is generally easy, do not need be a local uni grad to be shortlisted. I had a part time pass degree with about a few years of non relevant work experience and was still hired out of the rest of the candidates. So all you ppl of there from non local Uni, don’t be too disheartened.

But sad to say, I left the organization last year after a few months due to the toxic work culture. Too many incompetent people in the office, some don’t even know how to use basic excel. It can be hard to change the culture as some of them have been here for 10-20 years and I’m not sure how they manage to survive for so long. But there are also good and hardworking people around. Guess it just depends on where you are posted to/what position you are shortlisted for an interview after the PT. The position you will be interviewed for might not necessarily be the same as the one u applied for.

Hello! Don’t mind share the timeline of the 6month from the application process?

Unregistered 23-09-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123469)
So which stage are you at now?

4th week ofwaiting after unit preview, no news yet... Guess really Low chance for me already by now

Unregistered 24-09-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Won't the incompetent people in the office make you shine/ stand out more?
Mind sharing with the rough payscale and also the annual package if you don't mind?

Unregistered 24-09-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Which position were u selected for?

Unregistered 25-09-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123619)
4th week ofwaiting after unit preview, no news yet... Guess really Low chance for me already by now

Means they mostly processing primary candidate which will take 4 weeks to a month.

Unregistered 25-09-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123660)
Means they mostly processing primary candidate which will take 4 weeks to a month.

I mean 4 to 6 weeks.

Unregistered 25-09-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123334)
im in the system, they do... :)

no they don't. you're not the only one in the system.

Unregistered 25-09-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

You quit after a few months?

Unregistered 26-09-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123662)
I mean 4 to 6 weeks.

Thanks for the info :) will update here again to share with the rest if I get any news