Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 27-09-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123662)
I mean 4 to 6 weeks.

Anyone else have experienced this long waiting after unit preview can share some insights? Maybe also share if got a rejection or got an offer after this long wait :)

Unregistered 27-09-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123609)
Worked as a DXO for a few months so I thought maybe I can share some insight. The time and process taken to join is extremely long. I took me about 6/7 months from my online application date to my first day of work. And this was considered fast, with all the PT, interviews, site previews, medical etc scheduled in between. PT is generally easy, do not need be a local uni grad to be shortlisted. I had a part time pass degree with about a few years of non relevant work experience and was still hired out of the rest of the candidates. So all you ppl of there from non local Uni, don’t be too disheartened.

But sad to say, I left the organization last year after a few months due to the toxic work culture. Too many incompetent people in the office, some don’t even know how to use basic excel. It can be hard to change the culture as some of them have been here for 10-20 years and I’m not sure how they manage to survive for so long. But there are also good and hardworking people around. Guess it just depends on where you are posted to/what position you are shortlisted for an interview after the PT. The position you will be interviewed for might not necessarily be the same as the one u applied for.

All the best to all you people applying.

If you dont mind, why will you leave a office of incompetent people, you can stand out quite easily and be promoted faster?

Mind sharing the annual pay structure as well?

Unregistered 27-09-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123701)
If you dont mind, why will you leave a office of incompetent people, you can stand out quite easily and be promoted faster?

Mind sharing the annual pay structure as well?

Sadly, you work for the competent people to help them score points. Regardless of your status, the rank structure still comes into play..

Bunnyslave 28-09-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123507)
Roughly when will they call up for first interview if PT was on 4 Sept 2019?

Took test on 5 Sep and received email for interview on 16 Sep.
Just want to say if you are unable to attend the interview, it is unlikely they will reschedule for you. That is what happened to me. So if you are really keen, die die must attend on the given date.
But I also applied for another two positions and been informed to go for interview soon.

Bunnyslave 28-09-2019 09:07 PM

Anyone know what are the usual interview questions? And usually how many in the panel?

Unregistered 30-09-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyslave (Post 123734)
Took test on 5 Sep and received email for interview on 16 Sep.
Just want to say if you are unable to attend the interview, it is unlikely they will reschedule for you. That is what happened to me. So if you are really keen, die die must attend on the given date.
But I also applied for another two positions and been informed to go for interview soon.

I didnt receive any email or call till today, I guess low chance for me.

Unregistered 30-09-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123757)

They have not rejected you so still have hope lah.
Maybe your position many applications to go through.

Unregistered 30-09-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123757)

Wish u all the best :)

Unregistered 30-09-2019 11:24 AM

i took PT on 26 Sept. Will they call or email me regarding the interview?

Unregistered 30-09-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123618)
Hello! Don’t mind share the timeline of the 6month from the application process?

1 month after online application: received email for psychometric test
Attended PT about 0.5 - 1 months after email invitation
Attended interview 1.5 months after PT
Site preview within 1 week after interview and was informed that I was hired on the same day of site preview.
Attended medical 1 month after site preview
Contract briefing 1 month after medical
Start work 1 month after contract signing

Unregistered 03-10-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123619)
4th week ofwaiting after unit preview, no news yet... Guess really Low chance for me already by now

Long wait after unit preview is a good news actually. You do get selected after long waiting after unit preview. I'm one of them that waited more than 1month and no news but get selected for the job after that 😁

Unregistered 03-10-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123765)
1 month after online application: received email for psychometric test
Attended PT about 0.5 - 1 months after email invitation
Attended interview 1.5 months after PT
Site preview within 1 week after interview and was informed that I was hired on the same day of site preview.
Attended medical 1 month after site preview
Contract briefing 1 month after medical
Start work 1 month after contract signing

isit normal to wait for 1 month after contract briefing?or its because u requested for it?

Unregistered 04-10-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123827)
isit normal to wait for 1 month after contract briefing?or its because u requested for it?

Had to serve 1 month notice after leaving my previous job.

Unregistered 05-10-2019 11:20 AM

Mind sharing if this is exec or mgr post?

Unregistered 05-10-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123858)
Mind sharing if this is exec or mgr post?

Manager post

Unregistered 05-10-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123859)
Manager post

Can share more with us? Maybe the environment, monthly pay and which dx pay grade and maybe how the performance bonus works?

Unregistered 06-10-2019 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123859)
Manager post

Mind sharing is it Dx10p?

Unregistered 08-10-2019 11:37 AM

Anybody received interview call for those who went for PT around 26 Sept 2019?

Unregistered 08-10-2019 12:02 PM

Anybody received interview call for those who took test around 26 Sep 2019?

Unregistered 08-10-2019 12:15 PM

Written test

Hi, anyone here can tell me what is the written test about? Is it tough?

Unregistered 08-10-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123923)
Hi, anyone here can tell me what is the written test about? Is it tough?

Sub sub suay

Unregistered 08-10-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123925)
Sub sub suay

U went through? Can share which stage you are at ?

Unregistered 08-10-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123925)
Sub sub suay

Plot twist, REJECTED

Unregistered 09-10-2019 09:12 AM

Hi all, noob here, hope you guys forgive me if i ask any silly questions.
I applied for an Executive Position and haven taken the PT sometime in January this year. Wnet for interview ,but was rejected. Then, i applied for another position in Sep, and in Oct, received email from HR to provide current NOA and 3 months of salary without an interview. Does it sound strange to you guys? Any insider can advise the process?

Unregistered 09-10-2019 10:36 AM

Can i know which executive position you went for, HR?

Unregistered 09-10-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123959)
Can i know which executive position you went for, HR?

Investigation

Unregistered 09-10-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123956)
Hi all, noob here, hope you guys forgive me if i ask any silly questions.
I applied for an Executive Position and haven taken the PT sometime in January this year. Wnet for interview ,but was rejected. Then, i applied for another position in Sep, and in Oct, received email from HR to provide current NOA and 3 months of salary without an interview. Does it sound strange to you guys? Any insider can advise the process?

Means good news. Position open again maybe.

Unregistered 09-10-2019 01:32 PM

May i know whether the person who will be contacting us for interview is the same person as the one who arranged the PT for us?

Unregistered 09-10-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123964)
May i know whether the person who will be contacting us for interview is the same person as the one who arranged the PT for us?

If my memory serves me well, i think for me it was different HR personnel that handles the PT arrangements and the interview.

Unregistered 09-10-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123964)

For me, same HR lady. Went for PT in 2017. No news at all after that. Went for PT again end of June this year. Then 1st interview, but position closed after that. Went for another interview, then site preview, medical, clearance and verbal offer. Now waiting for contract signing.

Unregistered 09-10-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123971)
For me, same HR lady. Went for PT in 2017. No news at all after that. Went for PT again end of June this year. Then 1st interview, but position closed after that. Went for another interview, then site preview, medical, clearance and verbal offer. Now waiting for contract signing.

Hi,
Will the HR lady call you for interviews, or will she email?

Unregistered 09-10-2019 07:07 PM

Interview is email. Update is call.

Unregistered 09-10-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123971)

Congratz. Sadly, my HR lady currently on leave. I took my PT late September guess i will have to wait.

Unregistered 09-10-2019 11:27 PM

PT on 26th Sep too, no sound no news. Continue waiting.

Meowmimi 10-10-2019 12:09 AM

Recd a email on interview invitation for an executive post in HR.
Send in an application in end Aug and rcd a email to ask for a lust of document 3 weeks ago and today rcd email for the interview.

Anyone can share what should i expect next after the interview?

Anyobe know the salary range for thus position?

Thanks

Unregistered 10-10-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123978)
PT on 26th Sep too, no sound no news. Continue waiting.

I guess we in the same room that day hahaha. i also waiting.

Unregistered 10-10-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowmimi (Post 123980)
Send in an application in end Aug and rcd a email to ask for a lust of document 3 weeks ago and today rcd email for the interview.

Thanks

specific HR position i not sure but i applied executive position on the call they offered me a pay slightly lower than 2.5k

Davis Sr 10-10-2019 08:57 PM

Mindef is a hypocrite in wasting singaporeans talent such as ben davis with NS when the ex-president tony tan son is not even a talent in his field and is yet exempted from NS!

s://sg.yahoo.com/news/ben-davis-thailand-is-best-choice-of-me-it-has-a-bright-future-and-a-chance-to-succeed-014555410.html

Spend so much taxpayers money cannot even defend Singaporeans from Indonesians attacking our lungs and economy with their yearly haze weapon. Blardy useless!

Unregistered 11-10-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowmimi (Post 123980)

Thanks

Hi did the interview went smoothly? I saw mindef posting up hr executive position in jobstreet today. Guess no hope for me.

Unregistered 11-10-2019 06:39 PM

Interview on coming monday.. :)
When did u went for the interview? HR position too?