Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 17-12-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127234)
Anyone heard from them recently? Been close to 2 months since taking the psychometric

Seem like someone in the previous posting is going for interview

Unregistered 17-12-2019 10:58 PM

Just failed the psychometric test but was told to go again to re take. Mid career switch, any one knows this is usually the case?

Unregistered 17-12-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127276)
Just failed the psychometric test but was told to go again to re take. Mid career switch, any one knows this is usually the case?

Hi, when did u took the PT?
You checked with them the result first or they just emailed u the result and arrange another test for u?
Might be your current profession skills in shortage. What post did u applied?

Unregistered 18-12-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127276)

Sound like they interested to take you but your PT result doesnt meet their standard or fail in your words...sound like a good start

Unregistered 23-12-2019 11:37 AM

How long did everyone waited for news after the 1st interview?

Been a week since my last interview but no news as of now, no idea when to consider as no more chance for the position

Unregistered 26-12-2019 02:10 AM

Are they slower to contact you during the holidays? I applied for 1 position on 9th December, ran into some problems with my application but still successfully applied and received the confirmation email only a couple hours later. Up till now I still am uncontacted by them. I’m from NUS, FCH, relevant internship experience. Not sure why I didn’t even get selected for PT. Should I drop them an email? The position is still up on their site. Or should I give it till the end of the month?

Unregistered 26-12-2019 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127533)
Are they slower to contact you during the holidays? I applied for 1 position on 9th December, ran into some problems with my application but still successfully applied and received the confirmation email only a couple hours later. Up till now I still am uncontacted by them. I’m from NUS, FCH, relevant internship experience. Not sure why I didn’t even get selected for PT. Should I drop them an email? The position is still up on their site. Or should I give it till the end of the month?

yes, you can expect them to reply slower as many will clear their leave at the end of year. parents especially. not to worry too much. will be back to normal in Jan 2020.

Unregistered 26-12-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127533)

Mind sharing what position you applied for?
I applied on 16 Dec and received the email for PT on 17 Dec.

Unregistered 26-12-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127557)
Mind sharing what position you applied for?
I applied on 16 Dec and received the email for PT on 17 Dec.

OK then, this is weird and I will drop them an email about it... I applied for Communications field, Executive (Engagement & Plans).

Unregistered 26-12-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127561)
OK then, this is weird and I will drop them an email about it... I applied for Communications field, Executive (Engagement & Plans).

Based on what you said, as you graduated with a FCH from NUS, you are probably overqualified for the job. Executive roles are usually more for diploma-entry level unless you are willing to accept a lower pay if not they would consider other candidates first over you.
I am from HR myself.

Unregistered 26-12-2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127564)
Based on what you said, as you graduated with a FCH from NUS, you are probably overqualified for the job. Executive roles are usually more for diploma-entry level unless you are willing to accept a lower pay if not they would consider other candidates first over you.
I am from HR myself.

Thanks for your advice. I was under the impression that fresh grads had to start off with Executive positions in the public service... What type of positions should I be looking at then, could you advise?

jinnyjoess 27-12-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127567)
Thanks for your advice. I was under the impression that fresh grads had to start off with Executive positions in the public service... What type of positions should I be looking at then, could you advise?

Fresh grads in public sector all start off with Manager (not Exec like in private sector), you can go take a look at the other Manager postings and apply again.
Anyone going for PT on 2 Jan?

Unregistered 27-12-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinnyjoess (Post 127577)
Fresh grads in public sector all start off with Manager (not Exec like in private sector), you can go take a look at the other Manager postings and apply again.

Thank you for this, I will apply accordingly!

Unregistered 27-12-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127534)
yes, you can expect them to reply slower as many will clear their leave at the end of year. parents especially. not to worry too much. will be back to normal in Jan 2020.

Hope to get their email/call for the site preview/interview soon =)

Unregistered 27-12-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127564)
I am from HR myself.

Are you in HR MINDEF?

Unregistered 27-12-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127582)
Hope to get their email/call for the site preview/interview soon =)

You've gone for the PT already? Please share how was it and tips if any :D

Unregistered 27-12-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127583)
Are you in HR MINDEF?

Yes, but I am unable to reveal the exact selection process, if you have any other questions you may ask here.

Unregistered 27-12-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127589)
Yes, but I am unable to reveal the exact selection process, if you have any other questions you may ask here.

Do mindef still send out email informing candidates that they are not further shortlisted at different stages(after PT, after interview etc)?

Unregistered 27-12-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Would you say the turnover is high for Managerial positions there?

Unregistered 27-12-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127567)

Fresh grads should be AM.

Unregistered 28-12-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinnyjoess (Post 127577)

This is definite inaccurate info. I have worked in several ministries. Most if not all public agencies offer fresh grads as Executive.

Unregistered 28-12-2019 02:40 PM

I got an email simply stating "We have gone through your application and regret to inform you that you have not been further shortlisted". Does that mean my psychometric test results are not good enough? Any chance if I apply again now?

Unregistered 28-12-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127617)
I got an email simply stating "We have gone through your application and regret to inform you that you have not been further shortlisted". Does that mean my psychometric test results are not good enough? Any chance if I apply again now?

Yes, it could be either due to your test results or they probably found a more suitable candidate. Your psychometric test is usually valid for a year so it will be difficult to apply again but you can still try. However, you shouldn't expect much.

Unregistered 28-12-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127617)

When you took the psychometric test? You ask them or they “auto” send you?

Unregistered 28-12-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127624)
When you took the psychometric test? You ask them or they “auto” send you?

Took in mid November... Auto sent yesterday without me asking

Unregistered 29-12-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127622)
Yes, it could be either due to your test results or they probably found a more suitable candidate. Your psychometric test is usually valid for a year so it will be difficult to apply again but you can still try. However, you shouldn't expect much.

Thank you for your time at the interview.

The selection process was highly competitive and we regret to inform you that you have not been further shortlisted for the position that you were interviewed for. However, we have assessed your application to be favourable and would like to retain your application in our system. We will contact you when there is a suitable vacancy

Should I apply for another position?

Or is that the standard rejection email?

Unregistered 29-12-2019 05:21 PM

Salary

Anyone know of change of jobs within govt sector? Can we still get revised salary? I heard there’s only Option of transfer n no change in salary if we transfer

Unregistered 29-12-2019 05:31 PM

Salary w HR

Quote:

Hi can u advise my current situation? I’m a local grad female and have been working in a stat board for more than 5 yrs. so if I were to change from stat board to DXO as manager, will My salary be revised if I forgo my years of service experience or it has to be a transfer of service without change of salary?

Unregistered 30-12-2019 11:07 AM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127654)
Anyone know of change of jobs within govt sector? Can we still get revised salary? I heard there’s only Option of transfer n no change in salary if we transfer

Can share what revised salary means? I’m from private sector for 5 years since I graduated.

Unregistered 30-12-2019 01:34 PM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127662)
Can share what revised salary means? I’m from private sector for 5 years since I graduated.

Typically from what I know, if a govt sector employee wish to move to another govt agency, there’s no change in salary. So that’s why I want to know if there’s still a chance for review of pay scheme for change of job across govt sectors.

it’s diff from pte sector to govt agencies. I have heard of most mid career change from pte to govt got pay cut. So it’s up to the agency which u applied.

Unregistered 30-12-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127663)
Typically from what I know, if a govt sector employee wish to move to another govt agency, there’s no change in salary. So that’s why I want to know if there’s still a chance for review of pay scheme for change of job across govt sectors.

it’s diff from pte sector to govt agencies. I have heard of most mid career change from pte to govt got pay cut. So it’s up to the agency which u applied.

Pay cut? :( I was still hoping for an increment from my current pay :(
HR person, pls confirm?

Unregistered 30-12-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127666)
Pay cut? :( I was still hoping for an increment from my current pay :(
HR person, pls confirm?

Hi, yes usually from private sector during a mid career switch, you might expect a pay cut but there are cases where you can still retain your previous salary but usually you will not expect an increment.

Unregistered 30-12-2019 10:02 PM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127671)
Hi, yes usually from private sector during a mid career switch, you might expect a pay cut but there are cases where you can still retain your previous salary but usually you will not expect an increment.

Can u also advise for my case? Do I still get a chance to review my salary if I change from govt sector to DXO? TIA

Unregistered 01-01-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127678)
Can u also advise for my case? Do I still get a chance to review my salary if I change from govt sector to DXO? TIA

from what i know, personnel who works for MINDEF is paid a slight premium over other govt agencies or ministries due to their importance and contributions.

However, with a reduction in starting salaries, mainly for fresh grads(hearsay), i cant be sure of any reviews for mid entry from other govt sectors. but of course theres a chance if you offer relevant experience.

btw, im not from HR, im a another DXO still in service. just my observations and 2 cents.

Unregistered 02-01-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127671)

Is it because private sector salary might be too high for the civil service to pay?

Unregistered 02-01-2020 07:35 AM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127731)
Is it because private sector salary might be too high for the civil service to pay?

It’s because most pte include AWS in their monthly salary and taking into account with bonuses. If you calculate on annual basis, your income may increase if you come from a pte company with little bonus or no AWS.

Unregistered 02-01-2020 07:37 AM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127719)
from what i know, personnel who works for MINDEF is paid a slight premium over other govt agencies or ministries due to their importance and contributions.

However, with a reduction in starting salaries, mainly for fresh grads(hearsay), i cant be sure of any reviews for mid entry from other govt sectors. but of course theres a chance if you offer relevant experience.

btw, im not from HR, im a another DXO still in service. just my observations and 2 cents.

Thank you so much for your reply. Hope I can get into DXO with better salary. Happy new year!

Unregistered 02-01-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

quoting here so that security department can find evidence and trace you

Unregistered 02-01-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123334)
im in the system, they do... :)

so am i. stop trying to give fake news

Unregistered 06-01-2020 11:59 AM

Done PT

How long does HR usually take to get back (if they even get back) after candidates take their PT?