Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 06-02-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128609)
Was your unit preview more formal, as in the extra interviewer sat down and asked you questions like at the first interview?
Have you started work yet?

Yup it was. There wasn't any 'touring' of the offices nor meeting with other colleagues, it was a proper formal interview.

I'm currently serving my notice period. :)

Unregistered 06-02-2020 01:45 PM

Anybody who applied for the post of Logistics Manager can update your status whether yiu have been called up for unit preview or which stage are you at?

Unregistered 07-02-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128630)
Yup it was. There wasn't any 'touring' of the offices nor meeting with other colleagues, it was a proper formal interview.

I'm currently serving my notice period. :)

Nice, all the best! Where will your new office be situated at?

Ambition 09-02-2020 11:38 AM

From an experienced hire

It's been more than a year, it's interesting to see the same qns over and over.

1. No definite timeline to hire you, on average 6 months. All the school holidays and long weekend consider as PH, exclude from your counting. So 6 months to you, is 3 months to them.

2. If you want a non canned reply, call. Don't email. Call AM or M. They are more eloquent and know more.

3. Not true that only fresh grads get DX9. It is pegged to current salary too. Don't be too caught up on DX rank. At 9 you can appear better than 10, for doing similar things. Chase for the salary.. 9 and 10 overlap a lot.

4. The question you get and amount of time, can change anytime. Usually your boss is looking for your command of English and flow of thoughts, not how righteous you are. It is very important to write well as as all important comms r through papers.

My qn:
Any experienced hires know what is the grade for consideration of promotion?
Band 2 or 3 is false news, not valid for DXO.

Unregistered 09-02-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambition (Post 128709)

1. No definite timeline to hire you, on average 6 months. All the school holidays and long weekend consider as PH, exclude from your counting. So 6 months to you, is 3 months to them.

2. If you want a non canned reply, call. Don't email. Call AM or M. They are more eloquent and know more.

3. Not true that only fresh grads get DX9. It is pegged to current salary too. Don't be too caught up on DX rank. At 9 you can appear better than 10, for doing similar things. Chase for the salary.. 9 and 10 overlap a lot.

4. The question you get and amount of time, can change anytime. Usually your boss is looking for your command of English and flow of thoughts, not how righteous you are. It is very important to write well as as all important comms r through papers.

My qn:

2x band 2... no?

Unregistered 09-02-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambition (Post 128709)

My qn:

based on hearsay and 2nd hand info from those promoted, you need to get at least 2 consecutive C+ to be promoted.

maybe there are some other ways, i.e reached years in service or hit ceiling. This is not as clear. just my own opinion.

Unregistered 12-02-2020 10:40 AM

Hi everyone! I went for site preview last month, just wondering if HR will also let you know if you haven't been selected for the position? TIA.

Unregistered 13-02-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128628)
Thank you. Has anyone done a 90min writing test before? HR mentioned in the email to me that it was 90min. Read through this thread and found that people mostly did 15/20/30min writing tests. Wondering if they expect longer essay answers since this is the case.

Hi, I just did a 60min writing test with 2 questions. One related to the job and one about personal attribute. I didnt cramp my knowledge and wrote fairly to the point with short answers - 1 page for Q1, half page for Q2.

Unregistered 13-02-2020 05:23 PM

Anyone else waiting for call after their first interview? Hope they’ll contact me within a week...

Unregistered 13-02-2020 09:59 PM

PT to interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128828)
Hi, I just did a 60min writing test with 2 questions. One related to the job and one about personal attribute. I didnt cramp my knowledge and wrote fairly to the point with short answers - 1 page for Q1, half page for Q2.

Hi, if I may ask, when did u have yr PT before u r ask to go for this written test?

Unregistered 15-02-2020 10:16 PM

Anyone here join back as DXO after finishing uniform?

Unregistered 17-02-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128845)
Hi, if I may ask, when did u have yr PT before u r ask to go for this written test?

Dec 2nd wk - Applied Job
Jan 1st wk - PT
Feb 2nd wk - Written test and interview

coming soon :)
Feb 3rd wk - Site preview

Unregistered 17-02-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129031)
Dec 2nd wk - Applied Job
Jan 1st wk - PT

Within how many days of your interview did you get the call to go site preview?

Unregistered 17-02-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129032)
Within how many days of your interview did you get the call to go site preview?

Not the same person who posted the above but I got the call the afternoon after my interview to ask me to attend site preview which was exactly a week away as well.

Unregistered 17-02-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129036)
Not the same person who posted the above but I got the call the afternoon after my interview to ask me to attend site preview which was exactly a week away as well.

I see, that’s extremely fast. Had an interview exactly a week ago, wonder if I’m just not shortlisted sigh. Thank you for sharing.

Unregistered 19-02-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129031)
Dec 2nd wk - Applied Job
Jan 1st wk - PT

Hallo, its me again from above.

I received the call couple of hours within the day.
Update is i went for site preview and i secured the job :) that is pending the procedural requirements for medical and security clearance.

Unregistered 19-02-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129140)

Update is i went for site preview and i secured the job :) that is pending the procedural requirements for medical and security clearance.

Congratulations! May I know what role you went for?

Unregistered 19-02-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129140)

Congrats! Did they offer you the job on the spot during site preview? What role is this for?

Unregistered 19-02-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129045)
I see, that’s extremely fast. Had an interview exactly a week ago, wonder if I’m just not shortlisted sigh. Thank you for sharing.

I got a rejection email 2 weeks after that site preview though :(

Unregistered 19-02-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129167)
I got a rejection email 2 weeks after that site preview though :(

Hey mate, don't give up! If you can make it to the site preview, it means that you do have what it takes to be a DXO! I am not sure if you would be considered automatically for your second choice or if it requires another application, please do check back with HR. But keep applying! 😀 Cheer up! And congrats to all those who had their offer already! 😃 Am still in the midst of waiting after site preview but its bleak since its almost a month. Hahaha keep your posted of any news!

Unregistered 21-02-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129169)
Hey mate, don't give up! If you can make it to the site preview, it means that you do have what it takes to be a DXO! I am not sure if you would be considered automatically for your second choice or if it requires another application, please do check back with HR. But keep applying! 😀 Cheer up! And congrats to all those who had their offer already! 😃 Am still in the midst of waiting after site preview but its bleak since its almost a month. Hahaha keep your posted of any news!

I was told at my interview that my 2nd and 3rd choice were already filled. I don't think I will be applying for anything else as the role I was interested in was very specific..

Good luck to everyone else though!

Unregistered 23-02-2020 03:12 AM

Quick question.
Does doing well for your NS (i.e outstanding for conduct and performance) helps in getting the job since it is practically going back to army? Usually I take the army stuff of my portfolio cus i Paiseh but idk whether to add it in for my interview. :D

Unregistered 23-02-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129261)
Quick question.
Does doing well for your NS (i.e outstanding for conduct and performance) helps in getting the job since it is practically going back to army? Usually I take the army stuff of my portfolio cus i Paiseh but idk whether to add it in for my interview. :D

not really tbh. they will have it in the system anyway cause they can generate your past records.

it's more of whether you suit the job than whether you had outstanding as an nsf. all the best

Unregistered 26-02-2020 07:03 PM

Hi guys,

Can i check for the documents to be submitted,can i still submit via either soft or hard copy or now can only submit via soft copy?

Unregistered 26-02-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129375)
Hi guys,

Can i check for the documents to be submitted,can i still submit via either soft or hard copy or now can only submit via soft copy?

As of last year, submission of documents after PT is either hardcopy onsite or softcopy via email. Unless there are changes for this year, you might wanna confirm with HR.

Unregistered 26-02-2020 08:44 PM

As the forum goes, no news means good news. But just wanna check, what are the chances of getting a job offer 1month after site preview? Anyone who had experience can share?

Unregistered 27-02-2020 10:22 AM

Hi guys, I have aspirations of becoming a Paper General and getting parachuted into a GLC on retirement (with relevant airborne badge of course). Since failure is highly acceptable by the higher echelons of MINDEF cue Desmond Quek and scapegoating of NSFs/minions for systemic failures a tried and tested defensive mechanism, where should I start applying?

Unregistered 27-02-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129407)
Hi guys, I have aspirations of becoming a Paper General and getting parachuted into a GLC on retirement (with relevant airborne badge of course). Since failure is highly acceptable by the higher echelons of MINDEF cue Desmond Quek and scapegoating of NSFs/minions for systemic failures a tried and tested defensive mechanism, where should I start applying?

Sign on. That's the only way. :)

Unregistered 29-02-2020 10:56 PM

I applied this week and was asked to take the psychometric test very quickly. Will the test be difficult to clear?

Unregistered 01-03-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129493)
I applied this week and was asked to take the psychometric test very quickly. Will the test be difficult to clear?

nope. all the best.

Unregistered 02-03-2020 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129493)

When is your PT scheduled?

Unregistered 02-03-2020 10:26 AM

Written test

Hi there... May I ask for those who have went for the interview, what were the kind of qns asked?

I hope I can get some advice here and in return, I can oso share mine as form of ref for other career seekers here too.

Appreciate any kind souls' help here in advance.

TQ.

Unregistered 02-03-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129526)
Hi there... May I ask for those who have went for the interview, what were the kind of qns asked?

I hope I can get some advice here and in return, I can oso share mine as form of ref for other career seekers here too.

Appreciate any kind souls' help here in advance.

TQ.

I was asked quite generic questions.
-Why MINDEF
-What do you know about MINDEF (recent achievements/on the news)
-Why previous work experiences in private sector, not civil
-How do you feel about OT
-Where else did you apply to

Other questions they asked had to do with the essay questions I answered for the written test. E.g. how to better improve MINDEF’s strategies in a certain area.

HR asked generic qns also like what are your greatest strengths/weakness.

Didn’t get to proceed to site visit, however.

Good luck for your interview!

Unregistered 03-03-2020 12:43 PM

Are there malay in DXO? Or does hr have a secret criteria 'must be bilingual' on their checklist to reject malay application?

Unregistered 03-03-2020 05:12 PM

Written test

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129545)
I was asked quite generic questions.
-Why MINDEF
-What do you know about MINDEF (recent achievements/on the news)
-Why previous work experiences in private sector, not civil
-How do you feel about OT
-Where else did you apply to

Other questions they asked had to do with the essay questions I answered for the written test. E.g. how to better improve MINDEF’s strategies in a certain area.

HR asked generic qns also like what are your greatest strengths/weakness.

Didn’t get to proceed to site visit, however.

Good luck for your interview!

Thanks for the sharing. There essay ans? Oh.. how many are there n are they related to the position u r applying? Thks!

Unregistered 03-03-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129610)
Thanks for the sharing. There essay ans? Oh.. how many are there n are they related to the position u r applying? Thks!

The written test is made up of essay qns. 2 qns. I think the interviewers choose what qns they want to ask you. I had 1 qn related to the position and the other one was generic HR qn about strengths.

Unregistered 03-03-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129597)
Are there malay in DXO? Or does hr have a secret criteria 'must be bilingual' on their checklist to reject malay application?

I have seen a Malay girl taking the psychometric test in the room, so probably means they did get shortlisted for test at least.

Unregistered 03-03-2020 08:36 PM

Beta SAF officer beaten up in London, disgrace to SAF for not fighting back

Potential interview question right here.
s://.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporean-student-london-covid-19-attack-racist-jonathan-mok-12494174

Unregistered 05-03-2020 04:55 PM

Wondering if anyone is still waiting to clear G50? How long does this usually take? Waiting like more than a month already... just slightly concerned if got anything wrong...

Unregistered 05-03-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127046)
Just been informed that one of the job position i applied for is a contract position...anyone know anything about that?

Hi, does anyone know if this is common? Do they usually manage to become perm staff thereafter?