Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2020 02:20 PM

Interview Process during CB period

Hello all,

I posted here before. Briefly:

1. I am a current civil servant. Applied for MINDEF DXO in the mid of April. No news for 2 whole months - which I probably understand.

2. Recently got called for a writing test. Informed that I was further shortlisted for a video-interviewed to be conducted this week. Found it strange that the email invitation for the video-interview, they mentioned my work location. Thought that they would only let you know the info during the unit preview.

Thus, would like to know:

a. For those applicants that have received verbal/confirmed offer during this period, how many interviews did you go through? I would think that under current circumstances, unit preview would not be likely right?

Unregistered 30-06-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140229)
Hello all,

1. I am a current civil servant. Applied for MINDEF DXO in the mid of April. No news for 2 whole months - which I probably understand.

2. Recently got called for a writing test. Informed that I was further shortlisted for a video-interviewed to be conducted this week. Found it strange that the email invitation for the video-interview, they mentioned my work location. Thought that they would only let you know the info during the unit preview.

a. For those applicants that have received verbal/confirmed offer during this period, how many interviews did you go through? I would think that under current circumstances, unit preview would not be likely right?

I remember a few post before, someone said they had virtual onsite unit preview interview, not sure how true is the post though...personally i had a 1st interview via video about 1.5 months ago but no update so far, when i email them, they just say it is in progress...

Unregistered 01-07-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Hello all,

I saw somewhere in the previous posting that someone mentioned virtual site interview..so not too sure about that..personally i still waiting for update from my 1st interview...but seeing that it is so long kinda pull my hopes down quite a bit haha

Unregistered 02-07-2020 02:25 PM

Job posting taken down

Hi All, i am still waiting for the result for the 1st interview but there is no news so far...i just notice that the job posting on mindef been taken down...is that safe to say no more chance or?

Unregistered 03-07-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140570)
Hi All, i am still waiting for the result for the 1st interview but there is no news so far...i just notice that the job posting on mindef been taken down...is that safe to say no more chance or?

How long have you been waiting for their update ?

Unregistered 04-07-2020 12:12 AM

What job did you apply?

What job did you apply? Taken down means they have found the right one. Usually they won’t take down until they are very sure the candidate is suitable.

Unregistered 04-07-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140834)
What job did you apply? Taken down means they have found the right one. Usually they won’t take down until they are very sure the candidate is suitable.

Seem like lost case, I applied for a logistical role

Unregistered 06-07-2020 09:30 AM

Any update after 1st online interview

Hello everyone.. anyone got any update after the 1st online interview? How long is the waiting period for them to update if you are shortlisted for 2nd interview or etc?

Unregistered 06-07-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141006)
Hello everyone.. anyone got any update after the 1st online interview? How long is the waiting period for them to update if you are shortlisted for 2nd interview or etc?

When did you interview?

Unregistered 06-07-2020 10:32 PM

Hi,

I've recently made an application via the DXO portal, but did not receive any sort of confirmation email after I submitted my application. Can I just check if this is normal? Was wondering if my application got successfully sent at all.

Thanks!

Unregistered 06-07-2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141074)
When did you interview?

A week ago..

Unregistered 07-07-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141160)
A week ago..

Normally i will say if you are their first in line choice, it usually happen before 2 weeks after the interview.

But given it is now Covid time, it is quite hard to say.

Unregistered 07-07-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141173)
Normally i will say if you are their first in line choice, it usually happen before 2 weeks after the interview.

But given it is now Covid time, it is quite hard to say.

Ok .. thanks .. hope they contact me ..

Unregistered 08-07-2020 10:41 PM

Confirmation Email

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141148)
Hi,

I've recently made an application via the DXO portal, but did not receive any sort of confirmation email after I submitted my application. Can I just check if this is normal? Was wondering if my application got successfully sent at all.

Thanks!

Hey there, did you manage to get a confirmation email? I received my confirmation email on the day of the application itself.
Maybe you could check your spam folder as well.

If you still haven't received a confirmation email, maybe you could email "[email protected]", and letting them know of your application date.
All the best! :)

Unregistered 09-07-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141357)
Hey there, did you manage to get a confirmation email? I received my confirmation email on the day of the application itself.

If you still haven't received a confirmation email, maybe you could email "[email protected]", and letting them know of your application date.

Hi, thanks so much for your help! I didn’t receive one and possibly could have been waiting for nothing! D:

Have dropped them an email at the above email address, thanks again for your help! :)

Unregistered 09-07-2020 08:46 PM

Hi, wondering if anyone knows what the career progression and salary range are like for a uniformed position as defence psychologist at mindef? I have a second-upper psych bachelors from NUS, female fresh grad. Thanks!

Rethink SAF budget 11-07-2020 12:14 PM

SAF has been sucking up sinkie students with potential into useless paper soldiers for decades, causing the country to mass import FTs instead.

Today a Harvard grad and former World Bank economist with real world experience CPL Jamus Lim defeated 3 Star General Ng Chee Meng, is it not time to consider giving the SAF massive budget to healthcare and education, et cetera instead?

Unregistered 12-07-2020 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rethink SAF budget (Post 141519)
SAF has been sucking up sinkie students with potential into useless paper soldiers for decades, causing the country to mass import FTs instead.

Today a Harvard grad and former World Bank economist with real world experience CPL Jamus Lim defeated 3 Star General Ng Chee Meng, is it not time to consider giving the SAF massive budget to healthcare and education, et cetera instead?

Putting aside the obvious necessity for national defence, the uniformed service (SAF especially) have been a good tool for upward social mobility. Look at the PAP cadres with humble backgrounds, almost all of them benefited from their stint in the military. Heck, even Pritam Singh is a product of this social machinery.

Granted, it has churned out spineless bureaucrats (and will probably continue on feeding the PAP with yes-men). But I think for the average joe out there, heightened funding for MINDEF is a net positive. For a poor families out there with limitations, their child signing on might be their ticket to middle-class.

Unregistered 12-07-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141555)
Putting aside the obvious necessity for national defence, the uniformed service (SAF especially) have been a good tool for upward social mobility. Look at the PAP cadres with humble backgrounds, almost all of them benefited from their stint in the military. Heck, even Pritam Singh is a product of this social machinery.

Granted, it has churned out spineless bureaucrats (and will probably continue on feeding the PAP with yes-men). But I think for the average joe out there, heightened funding for MINDEF is a net positive. For a poor families out there with limitations, their child signing on might be their ticket to middle-class.

Are you a SAF/PAP scholar? You may have academic rigour but your lack of intelligence shows. If you overpay anyone relative to the value of the actual work they do it will count for upward social mobility by your logic. I could pay a taxi driver's daughter $50,000/month as a scholar-teacher and herald the unicorn that is her and the handful few as a "net positive", conveniently ignoring the masses of poverty that Singapore's Gini coefficient undeniably shows after the fat SAF expenditure has taken the lion's share of our country's budget.

boyboy 14-07-2020 04:06 PM

where and how is security clearance be held at

anyone been through security clearance? I was informed by my referring officer that I need to go through security clearance for my IT related post. may I know where will it be held? and how's the process like

Unregistered 15-07-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141357)

Hello! Did you apple via forms.gov as well?
I didn't get any acknowledgement email too.

Unregistered 16-07-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyboy (Post 141687)
anyone been through security clearance? I was informed by my referring officer that I need to go through security clearance for my IT related post. may I know where will it be held? and how's the process like

They will ask you to fill up a form. That's all.

Unregistered 18-07-2020 02:17 PM

Application

I'm in the midst of my application and was wondering if I could leave out a 1 year 8 month job that I had whilst I was studying out of the picture because of a bad experience with them. The form looks like a G50 form so I was wondering if I leave it out, would it cause a rejection in application if I got through.

Unregistered 18-07-2020 02:20 PM

Rejection Email

Recieved a rejection email 1.5 weeks after my site preview on a Saturday afternoon. Would anybody know if I was rejected right after the site preview and they waited for this period of time to send me the email? Or because of a bad reference check or security clearance that didn't go through.

zero_88 18-07-2020 04:29 PM

Anyone working at MINDEF now?

Can I ask, is there a lot of technical work, if I have a computer science degree, can I apply non programming job in mindef?

How is the working hours? weekend need to work? after hours need to work?

Unregistered 18-07-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142012)
Recieved a rejection email 1.5 weeks after my site preview on a Saturday afternoon. Would anybody know if I was rejected right after the site preview and they waited for this period of time to send me the email? Or because of a bad reference check or security clearance that didn't go through.

Rejection could mean a couple of things. It could just be that the headcount for hat unit is reduced or they moved on with a candidate with a better fit.

Unregistered 20-07-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 136786)
I lost a brain cell reading the above post.

Please read what you’ve posted again. LOL

you must have lost too many brain cells, because the poster you quoted was correct. good job showing your stupidity.

Unregistered 20-07-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

At least you got a email of the rejection, I am getting radio silenced since the 1st interview..haiz..

Unregistered 20-07-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Maybe they had someone else. Sometimes they give 1 week for the first person to decide...

Unregistered 20-07-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 142016)
Anyone working at MINDEF now?

Can I ask, is there a lot of technical work, if I have a computer science degree, can I apply non programming job in mindef?

How is the working hours? weekend need to work? after hours need to work?

Depending on your job. Say if you’re a logs manager, of course you won’t use the programming stuff. Of course you can apply for any kind of jobs you want. Some jobs no programming just do kind only.

For most jobs, normal working hours 8-530. Seldom need to work weekend unless Ops requirement. OT is dependent on yourself and deadlines

Unregistered 20-07-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141450)
Hi, wondering if anyone knows what the career progression and salary range are like for a uniformed position as defence psychologist at mindef? I have a second-upper psych bachelors from NUS, female fresh grad. Thanks!

Uniform pays a lot more.

You should get ard high 4s as a mil person. But Psy is dual track - so you need to be combat in something first.

Unregistered 20-07-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Hello all,

Unit preview still possible.

It norm that they reveal your real job responsibilities and location at the start of the interview (pre-Covid arrangement).

Unregistered 20-07-2020 09:28 PM

For manager positions that say candidates with no exp may apply, is it advisable for fresh grads with degree to aim for manager position instead of exec?

Unregistered 20-07-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142192)
For manager positions that say candidates with no exp may apply, is it advisable for fresh grads with degree to aim for manager position instead of exec?

Yes by all means, the “Manager” titles with the asterisk will be pegged to DX9.

Unregistered 21-07-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142173)
Uniform pays a lot more.

You should get ard high 4s as a mil person. But Psy is dual track - so you need to be combat in something first.

don't be act like you know something, because that's wrong. there're dxo psych staff, the military posts don't allow you to apply like that.

if you're clueless, do everyone a favor, shut up instead of perpetrating fake news.

Unregistered 21-07-2020 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142213)
don't be act like you know something, because that's wrong. there're dxo psych staff, the military posts don't allow you to apply like that.

if you're clueless, do everyone a favor, shut up instead of perpetrating fake news.

Siaolang? Go read the post again:

“what the career progression and salary range are like for a uniformed position as defence psychologist at mindef?”

The post was asking about UNIFORMED position.

(1) i didn’t say there no dxo psy staff.
(2) if you want to be a UNIFORMED/MILITARY psy, you can go into DTCO (Psy)
(3) read before you start screaming like a crazy person.

Unregistered 21-07-2020 04:16 AM

Quote:

Hello all,

Hey there, did you manage to get any further updates from their end? :)

Unregistered 21-07-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142213)

He/she is not wrong. You can sign on to be a uniformed psychologist.

Unregistered 21-07-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142192)

Degree positions are usually Asst Mgr and above. Fresh grads can apply and appointment and DX grade will start from DX9.

Executives are mainly for non-degree holders

Unregistered 21-07-2020 09:36 AM

Psychometric test

Hi, anyone got call up for Psychometric test recently?