Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

DSM 27-07-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141760)
Hello! Did you apple via forms.gov as well?
I didn't get any acknowledgement email too.

Same here. i just applied(27th July) thru their application form. Received no confirmation or acknowledgement email on my application. Now this form is so much easier to fill as compared to the one i filled in Feb. Just that it is annoying that we have to refill everything if we are applying for another position.

On the other hand, i applied for DXO in feb, went PT in March. Submitted the documents shortly. All happen probably by 1st week of Apr. Until now, no sound no picture of my earlier application.

So now, reapplying for other opening. Finger cross.

Unregistered 28-07-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSM (Post 142755)
Same here. i just applied(27th July) thru their application form. Received no confirmation or acknowledgement email on my application. Now this form is so much easier to fill as compared to the one i filled in Feb. Just that it is annoying that we have to refill everything if we are applying for another position.

On the other hand, i applied for DXO in feb, went PT in March. Submitted the documents shortly. All happen probably by 1st week of Apr. Until now, no sound no picture of my earlier application.

So now, reapplying for other opening. Finger cross.

Did you attend any interviews for your earlier application, or just PT?

DSM 28-07-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142843)
Did you attend any interviews for your earlier application, or just PT?

Just PT in March. For the latest application, I just received email to submit my forms and documents. Finger cross once more.

Unregistered 28-07-2020 07:13 PM

Security clearance

Anyone knows how long does the clearance take?

Unregistered 28-07-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSM (Post 142860)
Just PT in March. For the latest application, I just received email to submit my forms and documents. Finger cross once more.

You received the email for submission of document on the next day of application? TIA for your reply

DSM 28-07-2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142868)
You received the email for submission of document on the next day of application? TIA for your reply

Yup. Didn’t expect that

Unregistered 29-07-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSM (Post 142886)
Yup. Didn’t expect that

Just submitted my application. Hope to have the same good news as you!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

DSM 29-07-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142900)
Just submitted my application. Hope to have the same good news as you!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Good luck!

Unregistered 29-07-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSM (Post 142886)
Yup. Didn’t expect that

Sian, I totally didn't get any acknowledgement or email for supporting docs in my latest applications :(

DSM 29-07-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142921)
Sian, I totally didn't get any acknowledgement or email for supporting docs in my latest applications :(

Don't give up just yet. I am sure they are in the midst of processing

Unregistered 29-07-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142921)

Don't worry. Every HR works differently. Maybe afford them some time..

Unregistered 29-07-2020 11:28 PM

Anyone actually applied a few DXO position ? i.e to resubmit the form for various position for DXO. Will it actually affect the previous application?

Unregistered 30-07-2020 08:14 AM

Anyone applied to be a jiak liao bee paper general? How is the interview like? I am a yes man and haven't need to use my brain since my scholarship days.

Unregistered 30-07-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142943)
Anyone actually applied a few DXO position ? i.e to resubmit the form for various position for DXO. Will it actually affect the previous application?

Yup! I applied to 2 positions and didn't get an acknowledgement email for both applications..

Unregistered 30-07-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142952)
Yup! I applied to 2 positions and didn't get an acknowledgement email for both applications..

are you SIM? i oso apply but kena rejected

Unregistered 30-07-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121607)
i doubt anyone will answer you regarding security process.

timeline depends on your level of clearance. i waited 6 weeks or so because boss wanted me to be cleared at a higher level. but end up took too long.. did the basic one first(just some forms when you submit at CMPB). then followed up higher clearance when in job.

6 weeks is after the face-to-face security clearance or from verbal offer?

Unregistered 30-07-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123225)
Hello. Security clearance is a process that you are not required to attend. However they will request to furnish more details by completing some forms and further verification through phone. There will not be any more face to face interaction until contract signing.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

This is SO NOT true.

Unregistered 30-07-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123306)
eh fake news mindef doesnt pay more for fch. as long as 2nd upper and above it's in the same band as fch.

FCH pays more lah.

Unregistered 30-07-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124681)
hi everyone, i just started work as a dxo recently. have been following this thread ever since i submitted my application and learned quite a bit. thought i should also contribute by sharing my personal timeline:

T+0: submitted application
T+1 week: received email from HR to attend psychometric test (test dates given are between T+3 weeks to T+5 weeks)
T+4 weeks: went for psychometric test at DTTB
T+5 weeks: informed by HR (through phone + email follow up) that i was shortlisted for interview
T+6 weeks: went for interview at DTTB (had to do some written tests before the interview)
T+8 weeks: informed by prospective RO (through phone) and subsequently HR (through phone + email follow up) to attend site preview
T+9 weeks: went for site preview (received verbal confirmation of offer from prospective RO during site preview)
T+10 weeks: received verbal offer from HR with ballpark salary + scheduling of medical examination
T+11 weeks: went for medical examination at CMPB
T+13 weeks: recieved offical offer from HR + scheduling of contract signing
T+14 weeks: went to sign contract at DTTB

no security checks? is it a exec role?

Unregistered 30-07-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128564)
which comes first, verbal offer or G50 clearance?

verbal offer

Unregistered 30-07-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131544)
Oh. I'm actually at the MSD stage alrdy, so I'm assuming i cleared my G50.

how long did it take for ur msd to clear?

Unregistered 30-07-2020 11:18 PM

Anyone actually receive any kind of follow up email after submitted your personal particulars/resume/cert? i.e if accept i guess someone will call to schedule an interview. How about reject? Will they follow up with an email?

Unregistered 02-08-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142962)

Nope, I studied overseas.
But earlier this year, I went for site preview for a different position and got rejected afterwards. That was my 1st ever application to DXO and never heard back for subsequent applications already..

Unregistered 03-08-2020 09:15 PM

How long does it takes to get an email from them? I applied for a role, but no news..

Unregistered 05-08-2020 03:13 PM

Does Pt come afterward ?

I had my video interview yst, so what is the next course of action ? Site visiting if i got selected or PT ? I did saw past comment mentioning about PT before video Interview ?

Unregistered 07-08-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143330)
I had my video interview yst, so what is the next course of action ? Site visiting if i got selected or PT ? I did saw past comment mentioning about PT before video Interview ?

is that a manger or executive role?

maybe they are removing PT now due to Phase 2? not sure.

but yes, if they call you again it is likely unit preview. good luck!

Unregistered 08-08-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142962)

Fresh grad from SIM may be more difficult to enter. Maybe gain some years of relevant experience first, then apply as a Mid-Career applicant if you really wanna come in to serve.

Unregistered 11-08-2020 09:23 AM

When you guys rejected, they email you?

zero_88 11-08-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124681)
hi everyone, i just started work as a dxo recently. have been following this thread ever since i submitted my application and learned quite a bit. thought i should also contribute by sharing my personal timeline:

T+0: submitted application
T+1 week: received email from HR to attend psychometric test (test dates given are between T+3 weeks to T+5 weeks)
T+4 weeks: went for psychometric test at DTTB
T+5 weeks: informed by HR (through phone + email follow up) that i was shortlisted for interview
T+6 weeks: went for interview at DTTB (had to do some written tests before the interview)
T+8 weeks: informed by prospective RO (through phone) and subsequently HR (through phone + email follow up) to attend site preview
T+9 weeks: went for site preview (received verbal confirmation of offer from prospective RO during site preview)
T+10 weeks: received verbal offer from HR with ballpark salary + scheduling of medical examination
T+11 weeks: went for medical examination at CMPB
T+13 weeks: recieved offical offer from HR + scheduling of contract signing
T+14 weeks: went to sign contract at DTTB

so around 3 months....

Unregistered 12-08-2020 02:12 AM

Hi everyone. If I’m starting work as DXO, can I have dyed hair? Nth extreme, just brown hair. I’m a female, will be working at an army camp

Unregistered 12-08-2020 10:22 AM

Training school or army unit?

Unregistered 12-08-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143718)
Training school or army unit?

Army unit! Hr hasn’t sent anything so I have no clue

Unregistered 12-08-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143725)
Army unit! Hr hasn’t sent anything so I have no clue

Is ok one. As long as not in exaggerating rainbow colours is ok. Welcome to the family.

Unregistered 13-08-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143709)
Hi everyone. If I’m starting work as DXO, can I have dyed hair? Nth extreme, just brown hair. I’m a female, will be working at an army camp

Brown is fine.

All the best and welcome!

Unregistered 14-08-2020 03:25 AM

Hi I heard that there is a "glass ceiling" in terms of career progression for DXO who are wospec/enlisted in NS. Anyone can confirm/debunk this? Thanks

Unregistered 20-08-2020 06:16 PM

Video interview

Guys after video interview , if no news after two week does it mean I got rejected ? If rejected will recieve any email?

Unregistered 20-08-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143848)
Hi I heard that there is a "glass ceiling" in terms of career progression for DXO who are wospec/enlisted in NS. Anyone can confirm/debunk this? Thanks

False. Your prior rank in service does not affect your progression.

There is however a glass ceiling in terms of your job scope/title (as well as unit headcount) as most positions have a DX level cap.

For example, an NS/Media Relations Manager has a DX13 cap while a policy analyst with MINDEF has their ladder all the way up to superscale. While both hire entry-level guys at DX9/10, the progression opportunity is different.

Unregistered 21-08-2020 06:50 PM

Video interview

Is it normal to have 5 interviewer for Video interview ? What is the waiting duration before before site visit or rejection email ?

Unregistered 24-08-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144226)
Guys after video interview , if no news after two week does it mean I got rejected ? If rejected will recieve any email?

Ya will have email. But it'll be quite some time till they send you a rejection email.
2 weeks no news still got hope!

Unregistered 26-08-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144226)

They called me up for unit preview 4 weeks after video interview....