Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 21-10-2020 04:11 PM

I applied for a position, they asked me to upload some documents in their formsg, and then up till now it's been dead silence. Furthermore, I don't see the position open in their careers page anymore.

Is it safe to assume that they're not interested?

Unregistered 22-10-2020 01:01 PM

I am a unisim/suss grad with around 4 years of exp. What kind of salary should I be expecting if i were to come in as DX9?

thanks in adv

Unregistered 25-10-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147814)
I am a unisim/suss grad with around 4 years of exp. What kind of salary should I be expecting if i were to come in as DX9?

thanks in adv

Suss is local autonomous, similar to NUS NTU, should expect 6 to 6.5K with your 4 years exp.

Unregistered 26-10-2020 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148057)
Suss is local autonomous, similar to NUS NTU, should expect 6 to 6.5K with your 4 years exp.

i dont think you should give false hope. thats all im saying.

Source: Current inservice DXO.

Unregistered 26-10-2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

DX9 is an entry-level paygrade that will never cross the 4K range.

While direct hires to DX11 are not uncommon, it is highly unlikely that MINDEF would offer the 6K range.

Don’t troll please.

Unregistered 26-10-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Bullsh1t

Number 1, SUSS is not on same level as NUS/NTU

Number 2, the experience need to be relevant to what u are applying in order to be considered

Number 3, can wait long long for 6+k for DX9

Unregistered 27-10-2020 04:35 PM

Offer

what's the longest anyone got an offer between the unit preview and the offer?

Unregistered 27-10-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148188)
what's the longest anyone got an offer between the unit preview and the offer?

me about 3 weeks. the unit CO went overseas for holidays. But i knew i got the job after i went site preview as i asked directly if i was the only one in consideration.

But, in these current covid circumstances, may be more?

Unregistered 03-11-2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147728)
I applied for a position, they asked me to upload some documents in their formsg, and then up till now it's been dead silence. Furthermore, I don't see the position open in their careers page anymore.

Is it safe to assume that they're not interested?

Is there any news after this? It happened to me as well, no sound no picture. What position did you applied for?

Unregistered 03-11-2020 06:09 PM

Any kind soul can advise me the estimated monthly package for DX8/9. :(

Unregistered 03-11-2020 10:38 PM

Hello, if I graduate from SMU with not so marvellous grade, do yall think I can get offered? I believe I can get a recommendation from my OC as I have been in contact with him since ORD.

Unregistered 04-11-2020 12:45 AM

kind of interested in the work of SID/ISD. understand that they do invitation for freshgrad, but i didnt not apply the previous round. how should i go aboout contacting them

Unregistered 04-11-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148606)
kind of interested in the work of SID/ISD. understand that they do invitation for freshgrad, but i didnt not apply the previous round. how should i go aboout contacting them

Roles under ISD are masked under MHA at C@G. You won’t know it’s ISD till the tea session after HR phone screen.

I don’t know where you get that fake news from regarding SID. They don’t hire freshgrads. If you want a leg up at the intelligence sphere, you’re better off doing cryptography/digital forensics at any govt agency or KPMG and hope they’ll poach you.

Unregistered 04-11-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148642)
Roles under ISD are masked under MHA at C@G. You won’t know it’s ISD till the tea session after HR phone screen.

I don’t know where you get that fake news from regarding SID. They don’t hire freshgrads. If you want a leg up at the intelligence sphere, you’re better off doing cryptography/digital forensics at any govt agency or KPMG and hope they’ll poach you.

Actually SID do hire freshgrads, they mass send out some letter to a broad range of students from school of humanities to engineering related courses, asking to RSVP to tea session.

Unregistered 05-11-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148642)

Actually ah what is the point of MINDEF, SID etc when Singapore is already been invaded by non-Singaporeans due to CECA agreement who bring the COVID bioweapons to infect Singaporeans?

Waste so much of our annual budget on these defense ministries but defend against what??

Unregistered 05-11-2020 11:02 PM

Has anyone encounter same situation as me for dxo application? Can anyone advice?

I applied for a Manager post. The HR requested me to upload docs in Form sg. After uploading, HR contacted me saying that documents uploaded were either encrypted or password protected. But i can open these files on my pc and mobile easily. So i emailed all the attachments to HR and asked if it's ok. No reply

Days later, i received auto email remind me to complete application. So i resubmitted using the link from hr. Tried to call her, no one answer. Emailed her, no reply.

Then today, i received auto email again saying that as i did not complete the application for Engineer post, they have removed my application from the system. Anyone knows what happened? Apply for Manager post become Engineer post (jd seems similar but different), and i submitted info but the formsg just refused to take.

Unregistered 06-11-2020 11:35 AM

anyone applied dxo and then receive system email from dsta inviting u to apply for another post? i did not apply for dsta but received system email from them, scratching my head.

Unregistered 13-11-2020 10:10 AM

I applied for DXO executive post, received email acknowledgement from the HR manager asking if im keen in another post too while they're in the midst of processing my application. Was scheduled to go for 20mins written test as part of the assessment. Does anyone know when will they inform the outcome of the written test cause this the first time I've heard its conducted online, thanks~

Unregistered 13-11-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149082)
I applied for DXO executive post, received email acknowledgement from the HR manager asking if im keen in another post too while they're in the midst of processing my application. Was scheduled to go for 20mins written test as part of the assessment. Does anyone know when will they inform the outcome of the written test cause this the first time I've heard its conducted online, thanks~

May I ask what’s the proposed role?

Unregistered 13-11-2020 01:41 PM

Qn

Hi, I applied for a dxo position and had passed 2 rounds of interview. HR contacted me to submit a medical clearance form and take photo at CPMB for the staff pass. I haven't got an official offer yet and there was no mention of any medical exam or security interview (G50 was already submitted 2 months ago before the interviews).

Is it likely that I'm more or less confirmed already?

Unregistered 13-11-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149088)
May I ask what’s the proposed role?

They proposed HR role.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 05:53 AM

A question for all and if anyone had experience on this. I have applied for a DXO role and was asked to submit documents online. I did that couple of weeks ago and there were no news there after. Does background checks commenced right after submission of these documents or would the background checks commenced once you are selected for the role?

Unregistered 14-11-2020 11:18 AM

Hi folks, wondering if anyone could share your offer and years of exp? I am considering to apply for a manager role with 7 years exp. I didnt put my expected and current salary cause it was not mandatory. Now i wonder when i should bring up this topic.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149131)
Hi folks, wondering if anyone could share your offer and years of exp? I am considering to apply for a manager role with 7 years exp. I didnt put my expected and current salary cause it was not mandatory. Now i wonder when i should bring up this topic.

They will ask for it if u pass the interviews

Unregistered 14-11-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149132)
They will ask for it if u pass the interviews

Thanks! Is that after the site visit?
Hearing some stories on low offers so wondering if they do really consider your experience to really commensurate or they already have a salary band in mind tagged to the particular role.

Ambition 16-11-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149138)
Thanks! Is that after the site visit?
Hearing some stories on low offers so wondering if they do really consider your experience to really commensurate or they already have a salary band in mind tagged to the particular role.

For men
DX9 4k plus
Dx10 5k plus
Dx11 6k ish

Dx9 is pegged to assistant manager title, around the rank of a captain.

Those uniform convert to Dx usually Dx10.

Manager is a title inflation, many department you don't have anyone to appraise even at dx11.

Ambition 16-11-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149131)

As DXO manager is considered quite low.

Manager is divided into AM, M and SM. These are dx 9, 10, 11 respectively.

Within 10 years of experience you may be AM or M.

Your salary will be 4-5k if you are male with NS.

Now you have information to accept another higher pay job.

Ambition 16-11-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149089)
Hi, I applied for a dxo position and had passed 2 rounds of interview. HR contacted me to submit a medical clearance form and take photo at CPMB for the staff pass. I haven't got an official offer yet and there was no mention of any medical exam or security interview (G50 was already submitted 2 months ago before the interviews).

Is it likely that I'm more or less confirmed already?

Yes more or less confirmed. Dxo don't need to pass health screening it's for Uniformed personnel. You are just invited to a 1 size fit all procedure.

Unregistered 16-11-2020 01:10 PM

if i got send them salary info, and my current salary is higher than 6k, will they straight away disqualified me as the dx11 is getting around 6k and look for those younger and cheaper ones? I worked for almost 20 years and have 10 years relevant exp.

Unregistered 16-11-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149279)
if i got send them salary info, and my current salary is higher than 6k, will they straight away disqualified me as the dx11 is getting around 6k and look for those younger and cheaper ones? I worked for almost 20 years and have 10 years relevant exp.

really depends if interviewer want to know more why you decide to jump ship to become DXO

Unregistered 16-11-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambition (Post 149277)
Yes more or less confirmed. Dxo don't need to pass health screening it's for Uniformed personnel. You are just invited to a 1 size fit all procedure.

Thanks for the reply. So how long did it take from the photo taking till the official offer? I suppose security clearance is in-between?

Unregistered 16-11-2020 09:20 PM

Any idea if MINDEF HR will call your existing company for reference check before interviewing/employing you?

Unregistered 17-11-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149307)
Any idea if MINDEF HR will call your existing company for reference check before interviewing/employing you?

sounds like u have something to hide

Unregistered 17-11-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149334)
sounds like u have something to hide

Obviously it's not nice to broadcast to the world (your company) that you're looking for job right.

Ambition 18-11-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149303)
Thanks for the reply. So how long did it take from the photo taking till the official offer? I suppose security clearance is in-between?

Security or background check can fail and they will just void your medical and photo.

No point to give u a time frame as it really takes from 1 week to 3 months.

Only thing to assure you is, if you ever passed background checks before, unlikely to fail.

You can resign from existing job now, if u really dislike it. Just wait for signing of contract.

Ambition 18-11-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149307)

Not really. They trust their psychometric test and your class of honours more than other people's feedback.

As long you managed to finish the psychometric test quite confidently, you should reach the interview.

Unregistered 18-11-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambition (Post 149402)
Not really. They trust their psychometric test and your class of honours more than other people's feedback.

As long you managed to finish the psychometric test quite confidently, you should reach the interview.

Thank you. :)

Unregistered 18-11-2020 12:30 PM

Silence

Dear All, may I ask if its been more than 2 weeks of silence since they ask for my documents, does that mean that they are not interested?

Unregistered 18-11-2020 01:41 PM

Has anyone went for written test and interview was scheduled on another day? Any idea if can bring cameraphone on the day of interview?

Unregistered 18-11-2020 02:34 PM

Not sure if anyone can answer this, understand that if parents who were previously born citizenship in another country to convert to SG citizenship, my cat 1 security clearance will fail. Is that true?