Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 07-04-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131916)
Probation 1 year, pay review done last Aug.

Wear formal in interviews, please. Its the impression that counts.

Circuit break life goes on because we are in essential service - either telecommute or staggering if your dept is essential.

Actually not really. Impression dont count at least for govt sector. government sector follow strictly to what HR tb says. you can be late watever, as long as the scores of the interview u do well, u gt the job. they are quite objective as compared to private sector. As long as you scored well for whichever is part of the assessment criteria (scoring), you will get it

First impression is one hr assessment error btw.

but yea,no harm wearing formal.

Unregistered 07-04-2020 06:40 PM

any idea of the difference between clearance done by ISD and MSD?

Unregistered 07-04-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131910)
Hello! Anybody in similar situation?

I received an email 2 weeks back for PT invitation and reverted accordingly. However, HR did not get back with a PT date. With the new measures, has MINDEF postphoned psychometric tests?

Care to share how long have you waited from application date to PT invitation?

Unregistered 07-04-2020 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131927)
any idea of the difference between clearance done by ISD and MSD?

ISD = Criminal charges (including court summons), credit worthiness, and bankruptcy files.

MSD = G50

Anything further information divulged would be breach of OSA.

Unregistered 07-04-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131928)
Care to share how long have you waited from application date to PT invitation?

Exactly 2 weeks and it was on a Sunday.

Unregistered 07-04-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131910)
Hello! Anybody in similar situation?

I received an email 2 weeks back for PT invitation and reverted accordingly. However, HR did not get back with a PT date. With the new measures, has MINDEF postphoned psychometric tests?

The PT is done in a small room which can take about 20+ pax.

So with the CB, u can expect it to be postponed until CB ceases.

Unrealistic for HR to conduct PT one on one.

And impossible for online PT.

Unregistered 08-04-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131931)
ISD = Criminal charges (including court summons), credit worthiness, and bankruptcy files.

MSD = G50

Anything further information divulged would be breach of OSA.

i also think you need to go through both for security clearance?

Unregistered1 09-04-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131903)
What date is the interview? Just want to see how many days they gave u to prepare.

video-interview with hiring manager + HR
they informed me via email 3 days in advance.

Unregistered 09-04-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1 (Post 132018)
video-interview with hiring manager + HR
they informed me via email 3 days in advance.

no essay writing?

Unregistered1 09-04-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132022)
no essay writing?

nope no essay
interview was about 1 hr long

Unregistered 09-04-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1 (Post 132023)
nope no essay
interview was about 1 hr long

What were the interviews if you dont mind sharing?

Unregistered 11-04-2020 02:03 AM

has anyone received offers / went down to sign since the CB kicked in?

Unregistered 11-04-2020 08:38 AM

No, I applied for a role and was told all recruitment is on hold till CB uplifted

Unregistered 11-04-2020 01:02 PM

what about those ongoing ones? i believe they are still taking place judging from previous replies. just wondering if anyone had received offers or went down to sign them during CB period.

Unregistered 11-04-2020 01:10 PM

I’m still at the PT stage which had been delayed. For those waiting to take PT, I think have to wait till all this lockdown is over.

Unregistered 13-04-2020 11:44 AM

Hi, does anyone who have been through the PT shed some light on the diagram portion. Is it they asked you to choose which is the correct pattern given choice A to E or just A, B or neither ?

Unregistered 13-04-2020 03:06 PM

For my PT, (not sure if there are other type or not); There is three test,
The first is a Yes No, don't know multiple choice. (Timed)
The second is pattern recognition A to E. (Timed)
The last is a personality test.

Unregistered 14-04-2020 12:23 PM

I got shortlisted for unit preview and after one month got rejected but the post i applied for is still shown on their career website. Any reason why? or are they holding onto all recruitment now.

Unregistered 14-04-2020 01:46 PM

govt sector is different from privat sector. Assuming tomorrow is the last day till the job expire and the remaining candidates are not suitable based on the assessments in the last rounds, they wont anyhow choose one of them just to fill in the position one.

They will actually extend/renew the job posting and find again.

private sector is fill in the position asap.haha

Unregistered 14-04-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132111)
what about those ongoing ones? i believe they are still taking place judging from previous replies. just wondering if anyone had received offers or went down to sign them during CB period.

I think some parts that can be done via alternative methods will be done
e.g. video interview
those that require physical attendance should be delayed until after the CB period.
e.g. PT test, site preview, contract signing etc.

Unregistered 15-04-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132222)
I got shortlisted for unit preview and after one month got rejected but the post i applied for is still shown on their career website. Any reason why? or are they holding onto all recruitment now.

Hi, after the preview, did they inform you u r selected for the post and ask u to go for body checkup followed by the necessary clearance process? Did this happened before the CB situation?

Thks.

Unregistered 16-04-2020 04:06 PM

anyone gotten offers during CB period?

Unregistered 16-04-2020 11:42 PM

When would we know about promotions?

Unregistered 17-04-2020 09:10 AM

Hi, any kind soul can explain the diff between clearance and G50?

Is it clearance is just for the applicant and G50 is for the applicants family tree to check if ok or not

Thank u in advance

Unregistered 17-04-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132363)
Hi, any kind soul can explain the diff between clearance and G50?

Is it clearance is just for the applicant and G50 is for the applicants family tree to check if ok or not

Thank u in advance

G50 is one form of a clearance, and depending on the job you’ll be allocated a grade required by the job. Eventually its just to determine what kind of information you are cleared to have access to.

We use clearance as a term to say you can have access/ you are cleared...

Unregistered 17-04-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132364)
G50 is one form of a clearance, and depending on the job you’ll be allocated a grade required by the job. Eventually its just to determine what kind of information you are cleared to have access to.

We use clearance as a term to say you can have access/ you are cleared...

Is it possible that they might not ask you to submit G50 if you already have existing record in system? I’m from Airforce (Nsmen) and I’m cleared to enter all area in airbase.

Unregistered 17-04-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132281)
Hi, after the preview, did they inform you u r selected for the post and ask u to go for body checkup followed by the necessary clearance process? Did this happened before the CB situation?

Thks.

Nope. I was one of the 2 shortlisted to attend the unit preview. Looks like both of us didnt make it.

Unregistered 17-04-2020 10:16 PM

What post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132370)
Nope. I was one of the 2 shortlisted to attend the unit preview. Looks like both of us didnt make it.

What post did u applied for?

Unregistered 17-04-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132366)
Is it possible that they might not ask you to submit G50 if you already have existing record in system? I’m from Airforce (Nsmen) and I’m cleared to enter all area in airbase.

Nope, highly unlikely. Most people would need to fill that form.

Regardless they would always do it again. Just that if you have a data in the database, it would be a lot easier.

Just remember, MINDEF would never compromise for security.

Unregistered 17-04-2020 11:22 PM

i realized they just modify the dxo application page.now so easy to fill up the form already.one page only

Unregistered 18-04-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132388)
Nope, highly unlikely. Most people would need to fill that form.

Regardless they would always do it again. Just that if you have a data in the database, it would be a lot easier.

Just remember, MINDEF would never compromise for security.

Was told they would do clearance for me but not G50. So maybe it’s just a normal clearance to enter MINDEF premises

Unregistered 18-04-2020 12:10 PM

waited close to 3 months for sec clearance alr... anyone in similar situation?

Unregistered 18-04-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132405)
Was told they would do clearance for me but not G50. So maybe it’s just a normal clearance to enter MINDEF premises

What stage are you at?

You need to be cleared (send info guardroom to allow access with a reason and a host) for access into a physical camp

G50 clearance is more for clearance to access information.

Don’t worry when they need to employ you they would do all these. Most govt service would need.

Unregistered 20-04-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132387)
What post did u applied for?

For the position of Logistics Manager

Unregistered 21-04-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132410)

What was your role / clearance lvl in NS last time? Someday in this forum that if you previously had some record , it might be faster

Unregistered 21-04-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132410)

I submitted mine in Jan... still waiting... suspect everything kena slow by the CB...

Hoping that after CB end can quickly get contacted... cannot be that virus hit suddenly stop hiring right? Haha *nervous*

Unregistered 21-04-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132541)
I submitted mine in Jan... still waiting... suspect everything kena slow by the CB...

Hoping that after CB end can quickly get contacted... cannot be that virus hit suddenly stop hiring right? Haha *nervous*

Hi, how do they ask you to fill up the G50 form? Thru NS portal or a form link? Thanks.

Unregistered 21-04-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132529)
What was your role / clearance lvl in NS last time? Someday in this forum that if you previously had some record , it might be faster

Not necessary. Approximate time is around after submission for clearance 4 weeks as advised for a CAT2A. If it takes more than 6 weeks then maybe something is wrong. Do know that its CB now, so not everyone is around to key the G50 into the system for you > 4 weeks DOES NOT include the time taken to type everything you filled into the system. Write clearly so that people have lesson issues.

Do rmb that they hv a lot of people to clear all year-round.

Of course the higher the cat, the longer it is.

Unregistered 21-04-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132541)

Slow down unless aboslutely essential. Not all depts in essential services are around.

Unregistered 21-04-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132572)
Not necessary. Approximate time is around after submission for clearance 4 weeks as advised for a CAT2A. If it takes more than 6 weeks then maybe something is wrong. Do know that its CB now, so not everyone is around to key the G50 into the system for you > 4 weeks DOES NOT include the time taken to type everything you filled into the system. Write clearly so that people have lesson issues.

Do rmb that they hv a lot of people to clear all year-round.

Of course the higher the cat, the longer it is.

Sidetrack abit, any idea if every time we go back reservist do they do G50 for us to get the CAT status or it’s forever till ROD