Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 10-07-2023 04:57 PM

hello

you all spread legs to your bosses?

Unregistered 10-07-2023 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251948)
Hi guys!

Can I check i've applied for DXO in Jan and the hiring unit called me on May 2023.
Submitted documents on Jun 2023
Submitted Medical clearance on Jul 2023

Does this mean that I am selected already? They only email me that they noted on my expected salary and documents shortlisted.

The waiting process is so scary haha

wa! means your interview was in May? that's such a long time from your date of application oh my hahaha. But yes usually when they ask you submit documents and medical clearance is a good sign...i think next step should be a call from hr with a verbal offer then security clearance le. Hopefully all goes well!

Unregistered 10-07-2023 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251966)
you all spread legs to your bosses?

Same as you work private sector one 4pm so free to look up goverment job related forum 😊

Unregistered 10-07-2023 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251981)
wa! means your interview was in May? that's such a long time from your date of application oh my hahaha. But yes usually when they ask you submit documents and medical clearance is a good sign...i think next step should be a call from hr with a verbal offer then security clearance le. Hopefully all goes well!

Yes haha when they called me I already forgot about it. That's nice to hear! Thanks for the reassurance HAHA looks like have to be more patient alr.

Unregistered 11-07-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251989)
Yes haha when they called me I already forgot about it. That's nice to hear! Thanks for the reassurance HAHA looks like have to be more patient alr.

I think your patience has been overextended already HAHA! But the clearance stage will take even more time 1~3 month (depends) before the official signing so jiayou :)

Unregistered 11-07-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252007)
I think your patience has been overextended already HAHA! But the clearance stage will take even more time 1~3 month (depends) before the official signing so jiayou :)

Oh man another 1-3 months?! HAHAH gg to me, but thanks for the info!!

Unregistered 12-07-2023 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251915)
Sorry to hear about this. Don’t mind me asking if you are from another gov agency ? I was from another Ministry HR handling transfer cases. This situation that you mention very likely can be from the reference check portion between MINDEF MHRD and your current HR. I do feel that you have no issues landing an interview, the best thing you can do now is to apply for more job openings with other ministries and statsboard to get more interviews to secure something. All the best, don’t give up. There are many other ministries that is worth exploring.

Thanks for your encouragement.

I came from pte, no background in public sector.
No issues with my employment history/security clearance (I’m confident). All trusted people are given as referees.

I would say this is a politics btw MHRD and my current dept that is out of my control.

Unregistered 12-07-2023 11:59 PM

just go and apply Service Delivery Division (SDD), one of the newest and useless division to waste taxpayer money. They set up this division to enhance user experience, their manager role is to top up coffee/tea sachet in pantry, office renovation, ask DSTA for IT support, etc. a jiak liao bee department but always act busy

Unregistered 13-07-2023 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252078)

No issues with my employment history/security clearance (I’m confident). All trusted people are given as referees.

I would say this is a politics btw MHRD and my current dept that is out of my control.

Err yeah this is what I referring to roughly. No matter who you put as your referees not sure if you are aware we will still contact your company HR to reveal that you applied for a job and ask for short recommendation on your performance…

Unregistered 13-07-2023 11:37 AM

tall

Today no rain

Unregistered 13-07-2023 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252078)

what kind of politics would MHRD and your dept have sia..

Unregistered 13-07-2023 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252087)
just go and apply Service Delivery Division (SDD), one of the newest and useless division to waste taxpayer money. They set up this division to enhance user experience, their manager role is to top up coffee/tea sachet in pantry, office renovation, ask DSTA for IT support, etc. a jiak liao bee department but always act busy

LOL Wtf serious????? thanks for lobang

Unregistered 15-07-2023 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252117)
LOL Wtf serious????? thanks for lobang

Yeah the managers and ADs there just do nothing suck c**** only

Unregistered 15-07-2023 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252116)
what kind of politics would MHRD and your dept have sia..

My dept is trying to take over mhrd roles, because people complaint mhrd useless. I joined in Feb this year, I just need to make sure my AD likes me so she will put in good words infront of the management and I confirm secure A in my performance because I everyday badmouth my colleagues. Shh

Unregistered 15-07-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252097)
Err yeah this is what I referring to roughly. No matter who you put as your referees not sure if you are aware we will still contact your company HR to reveal that you applied for a job and ask for short recommendation on your performance…

Yeap my hr is aware so no issues. We leave on a good note.

Unregistered 18-07-2023 03:12 AM

Not only that, alot of cohesion waiting for u!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252253)
Yeah the managers and ADs there just do nothing suck c**** only

Unregistered 18-07-2023 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252385)
Not only that, alot of cohesion waiting for u!!!

I was told some of the cohesion are self funded

Unregistered 19-07-2023 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251548)
Should i sign on? I have no money for uni, thinking of sponership

List some pros and cons for you:

Pros: free uni, many choices available incl overseas (if you get it), get paid or allowance while studying

Cons: sign on for up to 6 years, after which if you don't want to stay in SAF, you might have issues finding jobs paying similarly outside. Also, sign-on means regimental lifestyle for 6 years. Not for everyone.

Unregistered 20-07-2023 09:52 AM

Anyone knows how long does G50 clearance take?

Unregistered 20-07-2023 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252495)
Anyone knows how long does G50 clearance take?

1-3 months

Unregistered 20-07-2023 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252504)
1-3 months

I've waited so long HAHAHA finally some updates yesterday for G50 clearance submission and now another 1-3 months? 😭

Unregistered 20-07-2023 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252510)
I've waited so long HAHAHA finally some updates yesterday for G50 clearance submission and now another 1-3 months? 😭

omg are you the same person from before who i was talking to about the waiting time LOL yaa after submission must wait around 1-3 months, incl of vetting process!

Unregistered 20-07-2023 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252513)
omg are you the same person from before who i was talking to about the waiting time LOL yaa after submission must wait around 1-3 months, incl of vetting process!

btw, i waited 1 month++
another person i know from my batch waited around 2 months++
so it depends on the nature and sensitivity of your job/clearance!

Unregistered 20-07-2023 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252513)

Yes that's me hahaah was quite happy to receive the G50 form. Like some progress yknow? Good things have to wait longlong i guess

Unregistered 20-07-2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252515)
btw, i waited 1 month++
another person i know from my batch waited around 2 months++
so it depends on the nature and sensitivity of your job/clearance!

Does the rank also determine how long your vetting/clearance take? I'm pretty sure I'm DX6 or something becos of my education

Unregistered 20-07-2023 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252254)
My dept is trying to take over mhrd roles, because people complaint mhrd useless. I joined in Feb this year, I just need to make sure my AD likes me so she will put in good words infront of the management and I confirm secure A in my performance because I everyday badmouth my colleagues. Shh

not hard to filter by who joined in feb and which dept trying to take over mhrd role, congrats in advance

Unregistered 21-07-2023 01:29 PM

lol

play backstabbing to secure job. no real value

Unregistered 21-07-2023 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252532)
Does the rank also determine how long your vetting/clearance take? I'm pretty sure I'm DX6 or something becos of my education

i would think so... usually higher ups would have access to more confidential materials too i suppose? if you are of that rank, i assume you would have more history and background checks for them to conduct also! what position are they offering you btw? SM? AD? DD? :D

Unregistered 22-07-2023 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251492)
lol fake news bro. if DY S8 is DX12-13, then S8 is what. Chief Clerk DX12, then S1 is what.

doubt it fake news. DXO is nonsense, a job that dont required degree holder to do.

Unregistered 23-07-2023 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252596)
doubt it fake news. DXO is nonsense, a job that dont required degree holder to do.

your world view is so narrow that it is incredible. but its good. our country is safer when people do not know what DXOs really do.

Unregistered 23-07-2023 10:42 AM

S8

S8 retired armee person is dx 12.
Dy is 9-11 only.

Source: i was dy s8 really just werk as assistant to s8 retired ltc. They zuobo one.

Unregistered 23-07-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

your roadsweeper ah?
sweeping statement wey dey!

Unregistered 24-07-2023 11:21 AM

Hope you realize that saying every DXO is useless is like saying every employee is useless. DXOs cover every job scope that is non-uniform in MINDEF, and that is A LOT of jobs.

Are there freeloader DXO jobs? Sure, same as all other companies.
Are there challenging and meaningful DXO jobs? Yes.

Quote:

Unregistered 24-07-2023 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252663)
S8 retired armee person is dx 12.
Dy is 9-11 only.

Source: i was dy s8 really just werk as assistant to s8 retired ltc. They zuobo one.

Lmao from LTC to DX12 pay cut gao Gao men

Unregistered 24-07-2023 06:58 PM

Hello! Im starting work next month, just wondering will there usually be some onboarding/induction/orientation program for newbies? :D

Unregistered 24-07-2023 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252769)
Hello! Im starting work next month, just wondering will there usually be some onboarding/induction/orientation program for newbies? :D

hi, are you a fresh grad from local uni? able to share the starting salary? thanks :)

Unregistered 24-07-2023 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252770)
hi, are you a fresh grad from local uni? able to share the starting salary? thanks :)

fresh grad should be within 4-4.4 range (which is considerably higher than most stat boards, starting at 3.3-3.7)

Unregistered 24-07-2023 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252770)

I join as a AM a new department (that was mentioned by someone previously). 6 years of experience, UOL. $4.5k.

I overheard my colleague joined as a manager earning 6.5k.

Unregistered 25-07-2023 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252790)
I join as a AM a new department (that was mentioned by someone previously). 6 years of experience, UOL. $4.5k.

Rubbish bro. Market rate for 10 YOE AD is 7k only.

Manager 6k? Jiak Sai la 😂😂😂

Unregistered 25-07-2023 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252790)

how come 6 YOE they offer u 4.5k AM only? did they lowball you?
as for your friend joining as mgr at 6.5, i don't doubt that? the ceiling is quite high for that level, with appropriate YOE i think possible...