Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2023 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252815)
how come 6 YOE they offer u 4.5k AM only? did they lowball you?
as for your friend joining as mgr at 6.5, i don't doubt that? the ceiling is quite high for that level, with appropriate YOE i think possible...

Mindef match my salary and I thought it is ok because my friend in the same dept told me it’s easy to get A as my department cmi. So easily I can get 4-6 months bonus.

I’m surprised my colleague joined as manager with that salary because my colleague is younger than me. So annoying, think I got low ball.

Unregistered 25-07-2023 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252839)
Mindef match my salary and I thought it is ok because my friend in the same dept told me it’s easy to get A as my department cmi. So easily I can get 4-6 months bonus.

I’m surprised my colleague joined as manager with that salary because my colleague is younger than me. So annoying, think I got low ball.

oh man, i think you really did... bro you might wanna consider looking for other opps out there if it means a pay raise.

Unregistered 26-07-2023 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252839)

let me clarify a few things.
first, 6 YOE must be relevant experience. if not, you are just a fresh grad+
second, your 'friend' say easy to get A? meaning your fren isnt a DXO and have no idea what he is talking about, or he is lying to you. and lets say you really do get a A. its, nowhere near 4-6 months. Mindef is known for its low bonuses as compared to other ministries, as the gross salary is slightly higher. so they entice you with salary instead of total packages.

Unregistered 26-07-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252846)
oh man, i think you really did... bro you might wanna consider looking for other opps out there if it means a pay raise.

But my bosses like me leh.. I one man carry the team now..

Unregistered 26-07-2023 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252876)
let me clarify a few things.
first, 6 YOE must be relevant experience. if not, you are just a fresh grad+
second, your 'friend' say easy to get A? meaning your fren isnt a DXO and have no idea what he is talking about, or he is lying to you. and lets say you really do get a A. its, nowhere near 4-6 months. Mindef is known for its low bonuses as compared to other ministries, as the gross salary is slightly higher. so they entice you with salary instead of total packages.

Yes both of us have relevant experience. My friend from am to sm in less than 6 years.

Unregistered 26-07-2023 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252892)

but your bosses not gonna pay your bills

Unregistered 27-07-2023 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252892)

Lol so u feel happy getting low balled and doing so much work? I also want to hire someone underpaid like u.

Unregistered 27-07-2023 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252901)
Lol so u feel happy getting low balled and doing so much work? I also want to hire someone underpaid like u.

I’m single; current salary allows me to have my normal expenditure. Like you said, you will want to hire someone like me, that’s why my bosses like me, so I can have everything I want. Why not?

Unregistered 31-07-2023 10:00 PM

Roughly how much more does the DXO scheme pay, compared with the MX scheme?

Also, is the PB roughly the same, e.g. B = 2.5 months?

Any retention bonuses?

Thanks!

Unregistered 31-07-2023 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253155)
Roughly how much more does the DXO scheme pay, compared with the MX scheme?

Also, is the PB roughly the same, e.g. B = 2.5 months?

Any retention bonuses?

Thanks!

yes and yes

Unregistered 02-08-2023 03:36 PM

MSD Clearance

Hello, does anyone here know what happens during the security vetting session at MSD? Is it something that everyone goes through after G50? Thank you!

Unregistered 03-08-2023 02:16 PM

Hi! Anybody gets into DXO with private dip/degree with honors?

Bopeep 03-08-2023 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253280)

Yes, we have new colleagues who hold private degrees. Tho mostly are from SUSS

Unregistered 04-08-2023 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bopeep (Post 253335)

But SUSS is not private though, it's local autonomous

Unregistered 04-08-2023 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bopeep (Post 253335)

How about degrees from kaplan/psb academy?

Unregistered 04-08-2023 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253344)
How about degrees from kaplan/psb academy?

not many... usually they have prior experience from other ministries.

for dxo i dont think the units are keen to take private unis unless these candidates come highly recommended.

Unregistered 04-08-2023 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253236)
Hello, does anyone here know what happens during the security vetting session at MSD? Is it something that everyone goes through after G50? Thank you!

you can look through some of the earlier posts, some shared their experience

Unregistered 13-08-2023 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253280)

as previously mentioned by another fellow member.

almost not possible. honors, or special mention or dean's list also not very possible unless you are transferring of service or crossing over from another ministry.

the unofficial answer is...units not keen in private papers. look elsewhere.

Unregistered 13-08-2023 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253236)

question:
1. have you engaged in any vices before ? (yes? where...)
2. do you have anything to declare ? (they probably have a file and a list of questions that they need you to clarify)

note: dont even think about lying pls...one of the ASA shared that the candidates failed to declared about his "habits" and was asked to go for urine test...
tested for substance abuse........ GG.com

Unregistered 15-08-2023 10:10 PM

hello, i’m a FCH graduate from NUS, graduated last year and have 1 YOE (no NS). Was offered 4.8k - is this a reasonable pay to expect? the increment from my previous pay is quite low…

Unregistered 16-08-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254036)
hello, i’m a FCH graduate from NUS, graduated last year and have 1 YOE (no NS). Was offered 4.8k - is this a reasonable pay to expect? the increment from my previous pay is quite low…

it sounds very good tbh!

Unregistered 16-08-2023 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254036)

Pretty good offer given current climate. If you want high pay, go for banking jobs or be an independent sales agent. Mindef jobs are for people who have thew passion to contribute to the security of the nation and it comes with job security and stable progression.

Unregistered 19-08-2023 09:39 AM

I graduated from NUS with a second upper honours degree but my NS conduct was only average. I was also charged and sent to DB 2 times for AWOL and insubordination. Will Mindef still consider my application?

Unregistered 20-08-2023 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254282)
I graduated from NUS with a second upper honours degree but my NS conduct was only average. I was also charged and sent to DB 2 times for AWOL and insubordination. Will Mindef still consider my application?

just apply and see how it goes bro

Unregistered 21-08-2023 11:55 AM

DXO application

Hi, this is my timeline:
Applied DXO role - mid June
First screening call from hr - early Aug
Submit G50 - within next few days
Security clearance vetting - end Aug

I read the thread that usually there will be 2 rounds of interview before security checks. Would I still have interviews or psychometric test to attend? Anyone in similar status now?

TIA!

Unregistered 21-08-2023 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254392)
Hi, this is my timeline:
Applied DXO role - mid June
First screening call from hr - early Aug
Submit G50 - within next few days
Security clearance vetting - end Aug

I read the thread that usually there will be 2 rounds of interview before security checks. Would I still have interviews or psychometric test to attend? Anyone in similar status now?

TIA!

hm, you haven't had any interviews between Jun and Aug but already doing so many clearance?

Unregistered 21-08-2023 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254402)
hm, you haven't had any interviews between Jun and Aug but already doing so many clearance?

Hi, correct! No interview yet. Just had a very brief call from the hr which I don’t consider as an interview?

Unregistered 21-08-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254403)
Hi, correct! No interview yet. Just had a very brief call from the hr which I don’t consider as an interview?

wa that's quite unheard of, at least to me! Maybe this is a new system? But based on what many have shared here, usually is apply > interview > hr verbal offer > submit docs + security clearance > sign contract

that said, dont worry and just go with the flow~ maybe it's different process for your role applied! as long as you're still in the running it's all good

Unregistered 25-08-2023 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;235361]Hi can you give some numbers based on your understanding/experience?

DX9 (3600-5000)
DX10 (4500-7000)
DX11 (6200-8500)

Unregistered 25-08-2023 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240726)
Nearest mrt is cashew. Cross the road to reach the foot of the hill. There is a chartered private bus that ferries office workers up the hill. Pickup point is near the pass office.

Source: Did NS at gombak for 2 years lol

shiok. hahahaha ^_^

Unregistered 25-08-2023 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252589)
i would think so... usually higher ups would have access to more confidential materials too i suppose? if you are of that rank, i assume you would have more history and background checks for them to conduct also! what position are they offering you btw? SM? AD? DD? :D

Clearance and rank are 2 different things. DX4 or DX3 can have access to secret docs also if they have CAT1A.

Unregistered 25-08-2023 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;254606]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235361)
Hi can you give some numbers based on your understanding/experience?

DX9 (3600-5000)
DX10 (4500-7000)
DX11 (6200-8500)

sounds about right

Unregistered 27-08-2023 12:17 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;254606]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235361)
Hi can you give some numbers based on your understanding/experience?

DX9 (3600-5000)
DX10 (4500-7000)
DX11 (6200-8500)

i aso want to join mindef sia dx11 dunno is what rank but can get 8500 rly good

Unregistered 27-08-2023 01:42 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;254680]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254606)

i aso want to join mindef sia dx11 dunno is what rank but can get 8500 rly good

i dont think anyone who joins will get 8.5k immediately, unless they 'downgrade' from their previous job and mindef is willing to give maximum. then you have to be prepared not to have any increment for years until you decide to get a DX12 post.

Unregistered 28-08-2023 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;254682]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254680)

i dont think anyone who joins will get 8.5k immediately, unless they 'downgrade' from their previous job and mindef is willing to give maximum. then you have to be prepared not to have any increment for years until you decide to get a DX12 post.

huh so if we join at a certain grade but touching ceiling, we won't be able to get annual increment?

Unregistered 30-08-2023 05:36 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;254733]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254682)

huh so if we join at a certain grade but touching ceiling, we won't be able to get annual increment?

yup. ceiling is there for a reason. every 'rank' has their own maximum budget for a certain job role. I thought this is also common in private sector? If no ceiling, I could stay on for 20 years in the same rank and hit 10k+ easily doing the same job. who would allow that lol.

I've known ppl who performed too well in early years who got high merit increment yearly but hit ceiling and didn't promote. salary stuck for 4 years at least until he was due for promotion. he/she is a military personnel though, not a DXO. but I think the same policy is the same as DXOs.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 04:31 PM

Wanted to give back to the community~

Timeline:
Submit application: 3rd week of Jul
First callback for interview: last week of Jul
Interview and unit preview: 1st week of Aug
Submission of Medical/Security: 2nd week of Aug
Submission of additional documents: 3rd week of Aug
Offer call: last week of Aug
Current: pending final offer and date to sign documents

Based on my experience, everything is dependent on your hiring manager and the HR working together to expedite things

Unregistered 02-09-2023 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254960)
Wanted to give back to the community~

Timeline:
Submit application: 3rd week of Jul
First callback for interview: last week of Jul
Interview and unit preview: 1st week of Aug
Submission of Medical/Security: 2nd week of Aug
Submission of additional documents: 3rd week of Aug
Offer call: last week of Aug
Current: pending final offer and date to sign documents

Based on my experience, everything is dependent on your hiring manager and the HR working together to expedite things

wow, your clearance is very fast! process is short and sweet

Unregistered 04-09-2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254402)

some units wont interview if they dont pass the basic G50... depend on unit profile.

these days, some CV departments have announced to shrink, and try reduce hiring, its getting harder and likely to rotate the internal staffers rather than to hire external.

and the screening is very stringent these days. 85 applicants, shave down to the final 3-5 to choose... in the end, all 5 was rejected because of their profiles either dont match the job scope, or their ns records are bad, or screening not to the liking for the hiring unit.

buts its really tough these days.

Unregistered 04-09-2023 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255209)
some units wont interview if they dont pass the basic G50... depend on unit profile.

these days, some CV departments have announced to shrink, and try reduce hiring, its getting harder and likely to rotate the internal staffers rather than to hire external.

and the screening is very stringent these days. 85 applicants, shave down to the final 3-5 to choose... in the end, all 5 was rejected because of their profiles either dont match the job scope, or their ns records are bad, or screening not to the liking for the hiring unit.

buts its really tough these days.

what is CV department? wow sounds like got hiring slowdown ah