Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 06-02-2023 04:27 PM

Call from Hiring Manager

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and will like to know if it is common to received direct calls from Hiring Manager to go for interviews ?

I was expecting maybe HR to call or something.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Unregistered 06-02-2023 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239885)
Hi Everyone,

I am new here and will like to know if it is common to received direct calls from Hiring Manager to go for interviews ?

Not common based on my experience. As you said, usually its HR who does this. But an interview is an interview

Unregistered 06-02-2023 06:23 PM

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

Yes, this is the new recruitment process that was implemented recently. You can verify it via the website. It was stated somewhere..

PS. Majority of the people here are outdated with the recruitment process (they probably didn’t even went through / apply for roles recently).
Do also take note there are recent job scams going around (you can google for more info).

Unregistered 06-02-2023 07:58 PM

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like scam

Unregistered 07-02-2023 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239894)
Yes, this is the new recruitment process that was implemented recently. You can verify it via the website. It was stated somewhere..

PS. Majority of the people here are outdated with the recruitment process (they probably didn’t even went through / apply for roles recently).
Do also take note there are recent job scams going around (you can google for more info).

Which part of the website?

Unregistered 07-02-2023 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239926)
Which part of the website?

If you even bother to go and try, rather than spreading outdated info here.

Go apply for any role > it will direct you to the new AI recruitment bot > once you applied for a role via the bot > they will pop out a list of FAQs > you can play around with the FAQs and find the answer there.

Unregistered 07-02-2023 11:47 AM

Is this salary good for fresh grad?

Hey, if offered 5k for a dxo position is it worth it ?

Unregistered 07-02-2023 01:01 PM

I tink $5001 is worth it

Unregistered 07-02-2023 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239942)

Pure fresh grad with no working experience? Likely. Depends on your qualification as well

Unregistered 07-02-2023 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239942)

What is the DXO rank offered?

Unregistered 08-02-2023 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239962)
Pure fresh grad with no working experience? Likely. Depends on your qualification as well

Qualification is honours distinction. Is it worth it?

Unregistered 08-02-2023 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240016)

If DX9 and below, probably yes. But why will you want the job?

Unregistered 08-02-2023 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240022)
If DX9 and below, probably yes. But why will you want the job?

I guess same as everyone else. For the moneyy

Unregistered 08-02-2023 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240030)
I guess same as everyone else. For the moneyy

Depending on what field you can enter with your degree, some allows you to get a higher starting salary even for fresh grad. That's why that poster asked why.

Unregistered 08-02-2023 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240031)
Depending on what field you can enter with your degree, some allows you to get a higher starting salary even for fresh grad. That's why that poster asked why.

Thanks bro. That’s what I am implying. If you have good grades, you can easily apply for other jobs in Pte with better salary and more.

Unregistered 09-02-2023 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240016)

You're male or female?

Unregistered 13-02-2023 09:37 AM

Interview at Kranji Camp

Hi All, I was invited for an interview at Kranji Camp this Friday. No details was provided over the phone. As I had applied for multiple positions with Mindef, therefore I am not aware which position will this interview be?
Anyone applied and recently went for an interview at Kranji Camp?

Thanks in advance

Unregistered 13-02-2023 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240282)
Hi All, I was invited for an interview at Kranji Camp this Friday. No details was provided over the phone. As I had applied for multiple positions with Mindef, therefore I am not aware which position will this interview be?

Thanks in advance

I did one recently at KC3 but it was for a HR admin role

Unregistered 13-02-2023 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240284)
I did one recently at KC3 but it was for a HR admin role

Thanks for sharing. Hope it went well for you. Are you waiting for HR updates? How many weeks already since interviewed? How did you find KC3 in terms of accessibility

Unregistered 13-02-2023 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240287)
Thanks for sharing. Hope it went well for you. Are you waiting for HR updates? How many weeks already since interviewed? How did you find KC3 in terms of accessibility

I went last week, so I don't expect a reply anytime soon. KC3 is quite a walk from yew tee mrt, suggest you cab there if you don't want to walk.

Unregistered 13-02-2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240288)
I went last week, so I don't expect a reply anytime soon. KC3 is quite a walk from yew tee mrt, suggest you cab there if you don't want to walk.

Thank you for your kind advice

Unregistered 13-02-2023 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240282)

Thanks in advance

You will be given time to prepare yourself before the interview; you'll only know then. Good luck!

Unregistered 13-02-2023 06:02 PM

Has anyone joined then realized it's not for them after a few months, then quit? Do you get blacklisted if you do that?

Unregistered 14-02-2023 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240304)
Has anyone joined then realized it's not for them after a few months, then quit? Do you get blacklisted if you do that?

its not that uncommon actually. i heard people who tender the moment they enter and gave their 1 month notice. blacklist or not, im unsure.

Unregistered 14-02-2023 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240336)
its not that uncommon actually. i heard people who tender the moment they enter and gave their 1 month notice. blacklist or not, im unsure.

probably would be blacklisted. "No to rehire" notice given to HR BP

Unregistered 14-02-2023 12:18 PM

Thanks for the insights!

Yeah makes sense that there would be some kind of blacklist. Really not sure if it's worth placing everything into farming up in this system. I know comparison just gives unnecessary stress but a lot of my peers are doing very well and it would take years to even reach their starting salaries.

Unregistered 14-02-2023 01:53 PM

6 months probation period

Hi, just want to check if the probation period for
DXO is 6 months ? Cos I remember hearing from somewhere
Thanks

Unregistered 14-02-2023 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240352)
Hi, just want to check if the probation period for
DXO is 6 months ? Cos I remember hearing from somewhere
Thanks

Ask the HR who contacted you

Unregistered 15-02-2023 04:04 PM

Is it easy for female graduate from local uni to get a DXO job?

Recently applied for a DXO role, just wondering if it’s easy to enter if my gpa is average.

Unregistered 15-02-2023 06:54 PM

Any idea about the salary range for DXO (local graduate, F, with average grade)?

I've got offers from private sectors at around 4.8-5.3k right now (data analyst related). Despite the pay, I also want a good work life balance job; hence the application to DXO role.

Unregistered 15-02-2023 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240401)
Any idea about the salary range for DXO (local graduate, F, with average grade)?

I've got offers from private sectors at around 4.8-5.3k right now (data analyst related). Despite the pay, I also want a good work life balance job; hence the application to DXO role.

you sure you want to wait for the dxo recruitment process which takes super long? By then your private offers would be long gone already

Unregistered 15-02-2023 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240402)
you sure you want to wait for the dxo recruitment process which takes super long? By then your private offers would be long gone already

Yea that was what I’m afraid of, but I think it’s fairly easy to find jobs >4k if I’m not too picky. And to be very honest, I value a lot on worklife balance… so there’s that too

Unregistered 15-02-2023 07:53 PM

Quote:

Nobody knows unless they work in HR and HR will never reveal here; but one thing for sure is that you'll never get that kind of pay from the start unless you're coming in with decades or dropping in from the armed forces.

If you get into European firms their work life balance is not bad. Plus you can look for other types of roles if you think data analyst won't be able to offer what you're looking for. But generally high pay and work life balance don't really go hand in hand.

That being said, if you're really set on dxo then lower your salary expectations greatly.

Unregistered 16-02-2023 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240404)
Nobody knows unless they work in HR and HR will never reveal here; but one thing for sure is that you'll never get that kind of pay from the start unless you're coming in with decades or dropping in from the armed forces.

If you get into European firms their work life balance is not bad. Plus you can look for other types of roles if you think data analyst won't be able to offer what you're looking for. But generally high pay and work life balance don't really go hand in hand.

That being said, if you're really set on dxo then lower your salary expectations greatly.

I see. Alright, in the meantime I’ll just look for more European firms to work for. Thanks for the advice 🥹

Unregistered 16-02-2023 01:40 AM

Quote:

if you dm sharing, how many years of experience you have?

Unregistered 16-02-2023 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240418)
if you dm sharing, how many years of experience you have?

Around 1-2 years of part time experience excluding my internships

Can I also check if gender plays a part in the salary? If yes, are guys paid more compared to their female counterparts, with everything else constant

Unregistered 16-02-2023 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240426)
Around 1-2 years of part time experience excluding my internships

Can I also check if gender plays a part in the salary? If yes, are guys paid more compared to their female counterparts, with everything else constant

I have a friend who got offered got offered high 5k for 10 years of experience.

According to forum, gender plays a part in salary as men completed NS.

Unregistered 16-02-2023 11:16 AM

Yes, males are paid more due to having served NS.

If you have other options like offers from private companies, especially ones in tech, don't waste the opportunity. You can try for public service when you're in the slowing down phrase of your life. There's a reason why people say "farmers", basically you're farming your salary up slowly via years of service.

Unregistered 16-02-2023 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240430)
I have a friend who got offered got offered high 5k for 10 years of experience.
s://.covid.gov.sg/well-and-positive-or-condition-assessed-mild-by-doctor/?fbclid=IwAR0axm8_9s5int8LkummfxVMpltiElGiNBMJK1It GWTD0KrmRWWtGamZtGg
According to forum, gender plays a part in salary as men completed NS.

Oh damn thats kinda lowballing… Tbh I think it’s also fair that males got more given the 2 years of contribution to the NS. I’ll just see how the interview goes… Thanks for your help!

Unregistered 16-02-2023 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240434)
Yes, males are paid more due to having served NS.

If you have other options like offers from private companies, especially ones in tech, don't waste the opportunity. You can try for public service when you're in the slowing down phrase of your life. There's a reason why people say "farmers", basically you're farming your salary up slowly via years of service.

That’s true, but tech has also reached its peak imo… And will be quite xiong, no work life balance given the high pay. I dont wanna be looking like 40 at 30 yknow 🤧