Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 06-01-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127854)
How long does HR usually take to get back (if they even get back) after candidates take their PT?

PT: 30 Oct
Interview: 2nd week Jan

Unregistered 07-01-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127862)
PT: 30 Oct
Interview: 2nd week Jan

All the best for your interview!!

Unregistered 07-01-2020 08:16 PM

Hi, does anyone know if there is any way to prepare for the psychometric test? I read that someone practiced GMAT qns as preparation. Is that really helpful? Thanks.

Unregistered 08-01-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127886)
Hi, does anyone know if there is any way to prepare for the psychometric test? I read that someone practiced GMAT qns as preparation. Is that really helpful? Thanks.

Do some free online psychometric tests

Unregistered 14-01-2020 11:22 PM

Am I accepted or rejected?

5 months since I apply. Still waiting for application status. Am I accepted or rejected? Was told to wait

Unregistered 15-01-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128084)
5 months since I apply. Still waiting for application status. Am I accepted or rejected? Was told to wait

You checked in with them and they told you to wait? Did you take the PT already?

Unregistered 15-01-2020 11:11 AM

No. Have not take the pt. So is not selected?

Unregistered 15-01-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128093)
No. Have not take the pt. So is not selected?

quite unusual. did you apply a diploma post or degree post?

Diploma post no PT. immediately interview if shortlisted. regardless, 5 months is really v long. dont think got much hope.

Unregistered 23-01-2020 04:48 PM

Wanna find out if the candidate at the interview on 23 Jan 2020 morning is on this forum?
If so, have you received any replies from HR yet?

Unregistered 24-01-2020 02:34 PM

I went for interview on 13-Jan and till today no reply from HR despite sending email to check on status on 20-Jan.

Unregistered 25-01-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128316)
I went for interview on 13-Jan and till today no reply from HR despite sending email to check on status on 20-Jan.

Able to share what kind of position is it?

Unregistered 25-01-2020 03:07 PM

For the position of Logistics Manager

Newbie69 25-01-2020 04:06 PM

Pay scale of manager

Anyone know the salary scale of manager post. Also whats the yearly increment like. Thanks 4 the help.

Unregistered 25-01-2020 07:11 PM

Took PT in late Nov.

Was told my application was favourable and asked to indicate three other choices - which i promptly replied.

Till now, no calls for interview but 2 out of the 3 positions I had indicated are still available on the website...

Not sure how long is the wait going to be...

Unregistered 26-01-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128333)
Took PT in late Nov.

Was told my application was favourable and asked to indicate three other choices - which i promptly replied.

Till now, no calls for interview but 2 out of the 3 positions I had indicated are still available on the website...

Not sure how long is the wait going to be...

You haven't gone for any interviews at all for any positions?

Unregistered 26-01-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128330)

They said they'll get back within 2 weeks.
Maybe you're not the top choice so gotta wait a while more? Give it one more week maybe.

Unregistered 26-01-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128342)
They said they'll get back within 2 weeks.
Maybe you're not the top choice so gotta wait a while more? Give it one more week maybe.

Maybe. It’s the holiday week might have to wait a while longer.

Unregistered 28-01-2020 09:16 AM

Does anyone know if the unit preview will be like a formal interview or just to see the office etc? Thanks!

Unregistered 28-01-2020 09:33 PM

The meeting of the actual workplace, supervisors, coworkers and your cubicle. At this stage, it is still possible of not being selected or vice versa.

Unregistered 29-01-2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbie69 (Post 128331)
Anyone know the salary scale of manager post. Also whats the yearly increment like. Thanks 4 the help.

if you join without relevant exp, you will be DX9, Asst Mgr.

few years ago it was abt 3.5k-5.2k. yearly increment close to 250.

but i heard they have reduced the salary across the board for new hires. so just take it as reference.

Unregistered 31-01-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128330)

Any news from HR yet?

Unregistered 31-01-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128445)
Any news from HR yet?

Nope. Not Yet.

Unregistered 31-01-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128450)
Nope. Not Yet.

I see the position is still on the website though, still got chance!

Unregistered 01-02-2020 11:09 PM

Financial Policy / Budget at MINDEF

Hello,

Just like to find out if anyone has worked at MINDEF's Defence Finance Organisation in a budgeting or financial policy role?

Thanks!

Unregistered 03-02-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128316)

Have you gone for unit preview?

Unregistered 04-02-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128541)
Have you gone for unit preview?

Nope. They said i should receive a call from the unit but till today no call from the unit or updates from HR

Unregistered 04-02-2020 12:56 PM

which comes first, verbal offer or G50 clearance?

Unregistered 04-02-2020 04:47 PM

Hi, what does it mean when I am shortlisted for an interview for a certain position (and interview date is confirmed), but I just checked the mindef site and the position has been taken off the site? Have they finally consolidated all potential candidates and will be starting the interview process now? Am confused because I've read that many people on here have gotten interviewed (and are waiting for a response) but they find that their position is still available on the website. Thanks.

Unregistered 04-02-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128564)
which comes first, verbal offer or G50 clearance?

clearance, verbal offer then contract signing with the cavet that you pass your medical (which you would have already gone thru but pending results)

Unregistered 04-02-2020 09:05 PM

Hey guys, all the best to those who are still in the process of getting selected! I had benefited a lot from this forum and would love to give back. This is just a rough timeline based on my experience.

Psychometric Test - Week 1
Interview - Week 3
Site Preview - Week 4

After PT, HR will send your resume to the hiring managers and if you are shortlisted for an interview, HR will then email to notify you. After the interview stage and if you are selected for the site preview, it's pretty fast. You will receive a call and followup email from the unit itself. At the site preview, you get to meet your future colleagues and future workplace.

But I am unsure how long does it take from after site preview to receiving a verbal offer from HR? I understand that there were several potential candidates at the site preview, each at a different time slot. Anyone can fill me in?

Unregistered 05-02-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128576)
Hey guys, all the best to those who are still in the process of getting selected! I had benefited a lot from this forum and would love to give back. This is just a rough timeline based on my experience.

Interview - Week 3
Site Preview - Week 4

After PT, HR will send your resume to the hiring managers and if you are shortlisted for an interview, HR will then email to notify you. After the interview stage and if you are selected for the site preview, it's pretty fast. You will receive a call and followup email from the unit itself. At the site preview, you get to meet your future colleagues and future workplace.

But I am unsure how long does it take from after site preview to receiving a verbal offer from HR? I understand that there were several potential candidates at the site preview, each at a different time slot. Anyone can fill me in?

I think the time from after unit preview to receiving a verbal offer may vary a lot depending on:

how the unit conducts these unit previews (for mine it was more like a second interview as there was an interviewer not present for the first interview),

how many candidates are they still considering at the unit preview stage

how they consider and decide on a candidate etc.

I went for my unit preview in October and only received a verbal offer in December and finally signed my contract in January. Hope that helps!

Unregistered 05-02-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Interview - Week 3
Site Preview - Week 4

My timeline is roughly the same as yours.
Are you also at the waiting stage after site preview right now? Maybe we both applied to the same position..

Unregistered 05-02-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Interview - Week 3
Site Preview - Week 4

I think the time from after unit preview to receiving a verbal offer may vary a lot depending on:

how the unit conducts these unit previews (for mine it was more like a second interview as there was an interviewer not present for the first interview),

I went for my unit preview in October and only received a verbal offer in December and finally signed my contract in January. Hope that helps!

Unregistered 05-02-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128602)

Was your unit preview more formal, as in the extra interviewer sat down and asked you questions like at the first interview?
Have you started work yet?

Unregistered 05-02-2020 03:52 PM

What should I expect for the written test that has to be done right before the interview? Anyone can share their experiences?

Unregistered 05-02-2020 06:32 PM

i received my offer the next day after unit preview.

Unregistered 05-02-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128617)
i received my offer the next day after unit preview.

Wow that’s fast! Do you know if you were the only candidate at the unit preview?

Unregistered 05-02-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128598)
My timeline is roughly the same as yours.
Are you also at the waiting stage after site preview right now? Maybe we both applied to the same position..

Oh hi hi! Yup am in the waiting stage. It's been more than a week so I am curious how long it takes! Jia You!

Unregistered 05-02-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128610)
What should I expect for the written test that has to be done right before the interview? Anyone can share their experiences?

For the written test prior to interview session, you are given 30mins to complete on a PC. The 2 questions were surrounding the jobscope/area which you applied for, no word limit. ALL THE BEST for your interview!!!

Unregistered 06-02-2020 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128623)
For the written test prior to interview session, you are given 30mins to complete on a PC. The 2 questions were surrounding the jobscope/area which you applied for, no word limit. ALL THE BEST for your interview!!!

Thank you. Has anyone done a 90min writing test before? HR mentioned in the email to me that it was 90min. Read through this thread and found that people mostly did 15/20/30min writing tests. Wondering if they expect longer essay answers since this is the case.