Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

darknezx 25-11-2015 09:26 AM

Actually I recommend all to just check with your HR rep, don't be a case where the blind leads the blind. Just my 2 cents, many rumours and untruths.

Unregistered 25-11-2015 11:40 AM

Rejection letter?

Is no news still good news? anybody knows if they still send out rejection letter aft PT?

Unregistered 25-11-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75776)
Hi thanks,

Gave them a call just only, according to them it should be still processing.

May I know how long have they you waited since PT?

Unregistered 25-11-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75840)
May I know how long have they you waited since PT?

Hi,

I waited for 3 weeks before I decided to give them a call.

Unregistered 25-11-2015 03:07 PM

Executive (Project Operations and Resources)

Greeting,

Anyone applied for this position and got any replies from them?

Went for the 1st interview last week and still no news yet

Unregistered 25-11-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75851)
Hi,

I waited for 3 weeks before I decided to give them a call.

Thank you. I wonder why take so long to process? All the best but do update post if u are shortlisted for interview :)...

Unregistered 25-11-2015 05:23 PM

Anyone here who went for the PT today morning? :)

Unregistered 26-11-2015 09:31 AM

A childish question apologies hor, from all your experiences how long is the average rejection email for the PT phase?

Unregistered 26-11-2015 11:10 AM

Rejection Letter?

Is no news still good news? anybody knows if they still send out rejection letter aft PT?

Unregistered 26-11-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75913)

Just call and ask the HR rep..what's the point of keep asking here lol

Unregistered 26-11-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75922)
Just call and ask the HR rep..what's the point of keep asking here lol

Bro, I called the query hotline they told me they have no idea.

Unregistered 26-11-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75923)
Bro, I called the query hotline they told me they have no idea.

No idea most likely is no hope since if they are keen to get you, they will say processing or something lol

Unregistered 26-11-2015 02:03 PM

the wait after the interview is really intense. don't know if they will call me up for unit preview

Unregistered 26-11-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75934)
the wait after the interview is really intense. don't know if they will call me up for unit preview

what position did you go interview for?

Unregistered 27-11-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75448)
i dont wish to divulge too much about myself. just using my personal exp.

all i can say is that just know yourself well. understand why you want to do this job. sell yourself during the interview. tell them why you will fit well in this position. in all, i think the interview is more of looking at your personality than your capabilities in general. no real way of preparing for such interviews. just be who you are. good luck.

hey, thx for your info. it was helpful. have been called up for the site preview now. may i ask what can i expect from this preview?

Unregistered 27-11-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75963)
hey, thx for your info. it was helpful. have been called up for the site preview now. may i ask what can i expect from this preview?

welcome. are you shortlisted for tengah airbase? logistics? basically it differs from camps to camps. some hiring managers, i.e the COs , would invite a few candidates to visit the site. then they will further shortlist. basically is just walking around the unit, meeting people you will get to work with. they might give you a brief intro about the operations of the unit.

for my case, i was the only one shortlisted. so basically it was just for me to decide whether i was ok with the location/workplace. my advice to you is to be direct in any burning questions you might want to ask. like asking if you are their first choice etc. dont leave yourself hanging.

if successful, they will contact HR and they will arrange medical for you. usually at most 1 day after your CO tells HR they want to hire you.

Unregistered 27-11-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75970)
welcome. are you shortlisted for tengah airbase? logistics? basically it differs from camps to camps. some hiring managers, i.e the COs , would invite a few candidates to visit the site. then they will further shortlist. basically is just walking around the unit, meeting people you will get to work with. they might give you a brief intro about the operations of the unit.

for my case, i was the only one shortlisted. so basically it was just for me to decide whether i was ok with the location/workplace. my advice to you is to be direct in any burning questions you might want to ask. like asking if you are their first choice etc. dont leave yourself hanging.

if successful, they will contact HR and they will arrange medical for you. usually at most 1 day after your CO tells HR they want to hire you.

Yes, tengah logistics. Are u also working there now? How is it. I am shortlisted for 2 units at tengah for 2 diff days but don't know if both will offer me

Unregistered 27-11-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75987)
Yes, tengah logistics. Are u also working there now? How is it. I am shortlisted for 2 units at tengah for 2 diff days but don't know if both will offer me

haha no. im just someone who is waiting for clearances. just sharing my exp. pray that it goes well.

and wow. 2 units. means 2 different COs offer you? if only 1, i suspect is just same unit but different dept.

Unregistered 27-11-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75988)
haha no. im just someone who is waiting for clearances. just sharing my exp. pray that it goes well.

and wow. 2 units. means 2 different COs offer you? if only 1, i suspect is just same unit but different dept.

yes, 2 CO but its only for unit preview, no offers yet. what is the dress code when i go down? and do i need to bring or prepare anything.

so assuming that the CO offers me, what should i expect next?

Unregistered 28-11-2015 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76000)
yes, 2 CO but its only for unit preview, no offers yet. what is the dress code when i go down? and do i need to bring or prepare anything.

so assuming that the CO offers me, what should i expect next?

wear like if you are going for a normal interview. and no. i didnt even bring a bag.

if you are offered, HR will call you and give you a verbal offer. then will send you for medical and security clearance and final management approval. whole process takes another 1-2 months. up till here, nothing is confirmed until you sign on the contract. this is the part i am at now... waiting and pray i cleared everything.

Unregistered 29-11-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76005)
wear like if you are going for a normal interview. and no. i didnt even bring a bag.

if you are offered, HR will call you and give you a verbal offer. then will send you for medical and security clearance and final management approval. whole process takes another 1-2 months. up till here, nothing is confirmed until you sign on the contract. this is the part i am at now... waiting and pray i cleared everything.

How long you been waiting already? Is there a cut off date by when will have outcome for those clearance?

Unregistered 01-12-2015 12:00 PM

Long wait time

Did my PT on 22 Sep 15 and only going for first round of interviews this Friday. So guys, the waiting time may not be just 2-3 weeks, it could be a much longer wait after PT. Just like me. =/

Unregistered 01-12-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76154)
Did my PT on 22 Sep 15 and only going for first round of interviews this Friday. So guys, the waiting time may not be just 2-3 weeks, it could be a much longer wait after PT. Just like me. =/

Hey thanks for sharing...this is good info :)

Did you call them in-between to find out about the status? And if you did, what did they tell you each time?

All the best to your interview on Friday...keep us posted and share how it went...thanks again for posting

Unregistered 01-12-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76159)
Hey thanks for sharing...this is good info :)

Did you call them in-between to find out about the status? And if you did, what did they tell you each time?

All the best to your interview on Friday...keep us posted and share how it went...thanks again for posting

Nope I didn't call, I emailed twice. Once was 2 weeks after PT, the other 4 weeks after PT. Both times HR was very kind and informed me that the application was still 'In Process'.

Thereafter I sorta gave up. But HR did give me a 2 calls (2 months after PT) to confirm my particulars (e.g. where I studied in Australia, how long was the duration etc.)

Unregistered 01-12-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76154)

Judging from the time u waited, u were most likely asked to go for the interview cos the previous guy they shortlisted probably failed one of their clearance.

Unregistered 02-12-2015 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76203)
Nope I didn't call, I emailed twice. Once was 2 weeks after PT, the other 4 weeks after PT. Both times HR was very kind and informed me that the application was still 'In Process'.

Thereafter I sorta gave up. But HR did give me a 2 calls (2 months after PT) to confirm my particulars (e.g. where I studied in Australia, how long was the duration etc.)

Appreciate your response once again...was really helpful :) I m kind of in a similar situation as well with a couple of emails informing me that they are still processing

wishing you success in your upcoming interview...and if possible keep us posted with any updates :)

Unregistered 03-12-2015 02:44 PM

Anyone went for HR interview recently. I application for the position is still processing, not sure if I be like the above case?

Unregistered 03-12-2015 08:13 PM

Hi, anyone knows how long they will make the offer after the site visit? Thanks!

Unregistered 03-12-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76303)
Hi, anyone knows how long they will make the offer after the site visit? Thanks!

apparently you dont read the posts on this forum. it was only recently discussed/mentioned.

localsg 03-12-2015 09:31 PM

DXO paper vs experience ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25398)
as long as you got a 'pass' local degree, you have to chance to be DXO

any idea on the salary on fresh grad with ns?

Hi , I am wondering for those whom have a private dip any chance getting into DXO ? I had seen those old retire Maj whom have get into DXO position in which their jobs had no relevant at all but yet it able to enter. Was it true must pull string to get in instead of a fair fight ?

Unregistered 03-12-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by localsg (Post 76310)
Hi , I am wondering for those whom have a private dip any chance getting into DXO ? I had seen those old retire Maj whom have get into DXO position in which their jobs had no relevant at all but yet it able to enter. Was it true must pull string to get in instead of a fair fight ?

Private diploma abit hard. Local diploma can get up to dx8 jobs. I heard after wking more than 5 yrs n with good appraisals on a yrly basis, with the help of ur boss, they will be able to than recommend u to the board to go up to dx9.

For retired major with no relevant expertise is ok. Sometimes Mindef is not so much about ur expertise, but rather ur ability to leverage on "people". The more people u know, the easier u get ur job done

Unregistered 03-12-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76306)
apparently you dont read the posts on this forum. it was only recently discussed/mentioned.

your comment was not helpful - i didnt see any specific timeline, that was why i asked.

Unregistered 04-12-2015 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76303)

after site visit is usually always immediate if offered. less than a week. if rejected im not sure if they will inform. you can always call to ask. dont keep wondering.

Unregistered 04-12-2015 03:09 PM

I'm the person who went for PT on 22 Sep 15 and only got the first interview today 04 Dec 15. Before the interview, I had to complete 2 essay questions in 30 mins. No min/max word limit. I didn't write much, half a page for both the responses combined.

Before the interview, I was asked to read through the job description and the employee benefits (pretty good benefits if you ask me).

Interview was 30mins long, nothing scary. 3 interviewers (1 of which from HR). Questions weren't anything unexpected.

Was called up by 1 of the interviewers today (so fast same day as interview) for site preview early next week.

My main concern is that, the process after will take too long (interviewers mentioned it could be up to a month! Since HR would need to seek management approval before formally offering a contract.) And I already have offers from other stat boards and ministries whom I have to respond to by next week.

Unregistered 04-12-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76356)
I'm the person who went for PT on 22 Sep 15 and only got the first interview today 04 Dec 15. Before the interview, I had to complete 2 essay questions in 30 mins. No min/max word limit. I didn't write much, half a page for both the responses combined.

Before the interview, I was asked to read through the job description and the employee benefits (pretty good benefits if you ask me).

Interview was 30mins long, nothing scary. 3 interviewers (1 of which from HR). Questions weren't anything unexpected.

Was called up by 1 of the interviewers today (so fast same day as interview) for site preview early next week.

My main concern is that, the process after will take too long (interviewers mentioned it could be up to a month! Since HR would need to seek management approval before formally offering a contract.) And I already have offers from other stat boards and ministries whom I have to respond to by next week.

Wow that's fast.

May I just ask what position were you being interviewed for?

Unregistered 05-12-2015 05:51 AM

Actually the whole hiring process can be very fast. Let me share my experience.

I applied for my job, 2 days later received an email to ask me schedule a PT. I scheduled it abt 2wks later. 2wks after PT, I was called up for an interview for a date 2 days later. As I couldn't make it for the date scheduled, I request to schedule it another wk later.

On the day of the interview, I did a written test followed by a panel interview of 4. N I must say 15mins thru the interview, it should more or less determine whether u r their ideal candidate. The whole interview took more an 1hr. Partly also due to me asking many questions, I always felt it's not just about whether the company wants me, but I also about whether the job suits me.

A question I asked at the interview itself turned into a situation where I was immediately offered the job. Just before leaving the room, I asked the interviewee "what's the next step, after this interview?". Immediately my interview extended by another 15mins, my "boss" told me that if I'm willing to wait outside, while he interview his next candidate, he can take me on a site visit the same day n HR can do the offer.

N yes, so I waited 1hr for the site interview n thereafter he told me that as i wait for HRs offer, I can submit my resignation letter in my current job. He helped me chase for my medical n security which was cleared in abt 2wks

The rest is now history, as I've been a dxo for quite a while!

Unregistered 05-12-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76390)
Actually the whole hiring process can be very fast. Let me share my experience.

I applied for my job, 2 days later received an email to ask me schedule a PT. I scheduled it abt 2wks later. 2wks after PT, I was called up for an interview for a date 2 days later. As I couldn't make it for the date scheduled, I request to schedule it another wk later.

On the day of the interview, I did a written test followed by a panel interview of 4. N I must say 15mins thru the interview, it should more or less determine whether u r their ideal candidate. The whole interview took more an 1hr. Partly also due to me asking many questions, I always felt it's not just about whether the company wants me, but I also about whether the job suits me.

A question I asked at the interview itself turned into a situation where I was immediately offered the job. Just before leaving the room, I asked the interviewee "what's the next step, after this interview?". Immediately my interview extended by another 15mins, my "boss" told me that if I'm willing to wait outside, while he interview his next candidate, he can take me on a site visit the same day n HR can do the offer.

N yes, so I waited 1hr for the site interview n thereafter he told me that as i wait for HRs offer, I can submit my resignation letter in my current job. He helped me chase for my medical n security which was cleared in abt 2wks

The rest is now history, as I've been a dxo for quite a while!

Hi can i check when did u start became a dxo as i noticed there is a change in the waiting time. Previously it could be much faster and that was more than a year ago.

Now currently the processing time is quite long and official offer will only be made after clearing the medical and security clearance etc.

So When did you join as dxo? Can share?

Unregistered 06-12-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76423)
Hi can i check when did u start became a dxo as i noticed there is a change in the waiting time. Previously it could be much faster and that was more than a year ago.

Now currently the processing time is quite long and official offer will only be made after clearing the medical and security clearance etc.

I was offered in June this year.

Unregistered 06-12-2015 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76423)

In fact I started after I got my security clearance. Medical clearance was still underway till 1mth after I started. The only drawback was anything not declared n detected will not be covered. Unless I have life terminating disease than my contract will be terminated.

All went well though, all cleared :)

Unregistered 06-12-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76449)
In fact I started after I got my security clearance. Medical clearance was still underway till 1mth after I started. The only drawback was anything not declared n detected will not be covered. Unless I have life terminating disease than my contract will be terminated.

All went well though, all cleared :)

Wow. But you mentioned is a he, so could be another HR staff.
There are some here waiting for months and still counting for the final management. 2weeks vs months here. Really don't understand what is the problem here which cause the great difference. Thanks for replying by the way.