Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 13-06-2016 09:18 AM

Went test mid May but till now still waiting for the response. Cross finger, no news is good news.

Unregistered 13-06-2016 02:25 PM

It's been three weeks since my first interview.. Have yet to receive a call from HR or a rejection email. Trying to be positive that no news = still got chance since the last time they took only 1 week to send me a rejection email.

Has anyone gone for an interview the same time as I did but have gotten updates?

Unregistered 13-06-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87060)
It's been three weeks since my first interview.. Have yet to receive a call from HR or a rejection email. Trying to be positive that no news = still got chance since the last time they took only 1 week to send me a rejection email.

Has anyone gone for an interview the same time as I did but have gotten updates?

keep your chin up. best way to occupy yourself now is to aggressively apply everywhere else. if the good news come, it comes. if not at least u still have chances elsewhere.

the worst thing u can do right now is stay stagnant and mope around waiting for the call.

Osiad 14-06-2016 11:53 AM

DXO Ranking / Interview

Hi Guys,

I just went for my first interview yesterday. They seem extremely positive throughout the interview. Was interviewed by a HR DXO, Unit DXO and a Maj. Although the feedback I got from them was very forthcoming and good I'm still wondering how long I should wait before applying for other positions to keep my options open.

Just wondering on how long they actually take to get back to you regarding a unit preview. I was not told to go down for a Psychometric test or anything like that.

They did not mention about the paygrade as well, and didn't want to release much info on it.

Position Applied : Dispenser

Anyone can enlighten me on what does a DX5 Rank mean ? Or what does it translate to in military rank ? CPL ? or something ?

Unregistered 14-06-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiad (Post 87117)
Hi Guys,

I just went for my first interview yesterday. They seem extremely positive throughout the interview. Was interviewed by a HR DXO, Unit DXO and a Maj. Although the feedback I got from them was very forthcoming and good I'm still wondering how long I should wait before applying for other positions to keep my options open.

Just wondering on how long they actually take to get back to you regarding a unit preview. I was not told to go down for a Psychometric test or anything like that.

They did not mention about the paygrade as well, and didn't want to release much info on it.

Position Applied : Dispenser

Anyone can enlighten me on what does a DX5 Rank mean ? Or what does it translate to in military rank ? CPL ? or something ?

Hi. for reference and from what i know. DX6 is around staff/master sgt level. DX7 is warrant officer level. DX5 is probably 2nd SGT 1st SGT level. Pay wise probably less than 2k or close to 2k.

Any positions below DX8/9 probably dont require psychometric tests. you can always continue to apply for other positions. no need wait for news.

Tim 14-06-2016 10:32 PM

Applied on 30 May, got PT appointment confirmation 1st June, set for 17th june

So now I have gotten the PT confirmation date, scheduled for this friday morning.

Graduated from Aussie uni back in 2014, 2 years experience in both private & public sector; now working at iDA on a fixed 6 month contract.

like the rest, Also applied on 30/5, HR got back to me by 1/6.

I am doing some free psychometric tests online as well just to get a feel. Hopefully with a fortnight, I will get an email or phone call to confirm interview. :)

Tim 14-06-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 87161)
So now I have gotten the PT confirmation date, scheduled for this friday morning.

Graduated from Aussie uni back in 2014, 2 years experience in both private & public sector; now working at iDA on a fixed 6 month contract.

like the rest, Also applied on 30/5, HR got back to me by 1/6.

I am doing some free psychometric tests online as well just to get a feel. Hopefully with a fortnight, I will get an email or phone call to confirm interview. :)

I do hope that my stint in the public sector will assist in my application...some experience should be useful, no, especially SAP? Working as accounts exec at iDA now. heehee

Unregistered 15-06-2016 06:12 PM

Had a an interview for a job position at the communications dept nearly 2 weeks ago. Still awaiting outcome....

Unregistered 15-06-2016 09:27 PM

PT on 3 Jun still awaiting Call

Hi, anyone went for PT on 3rd June and have gotten any reply from HR? Wondering if should keep on waiting or apply somewhere else soon. It's been two weeks after PT.

Osiad 16-06-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87147)
Hi. for reference and from what i know. DX6 is around staff/master sgt level. DX7 is warrant officer level. DX5 is probably 2nd SGT 1st SGT level. Pay wise probably less than 2k or close to 2k.

Any positions below DX8/9 probably dont require psychometric tests. you can always continue to apply for other positions. no need wait for news.

Hi Thank for your reply man! I got called back for my Unit Preview :) hopefully all goes well .. Cheers!