Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2015 05:16 PM

HR said will inform me of the outcome within two weeks. My panel interview was two weeks ago. No call up or email for site interview. Not sure what to think. :(

Unregistered 02-04-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64832)
HR said will inform me of the outcome within two weeks. My panel interview was two weeks ago. No call up or email for site interview. Not sure what to think. :(

Take it as you are not offered the job, either this or they decided to move on to other candidates first and let you know again if they find you more suitable.

Unregistered 02-04-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64832)

As scenario as you, but i waited for about a month. Emailed HR and they kept saying they are still reviewing and considering other candidates. Not sure about my chances.. Just keep waiting..:( :(

Unregistered 02-04-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64819)
So, you're saying that it takes a few months after the site visit for all the remaining clearances of the selected candidate to be completed?

Other than the medical screening, what other clearances are there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64831)
It really depend on the role, medical clearance, security clearance, final management approval...etc

Mine took 2.5months after site visit, 2nd time took 3 months (I resigned and joined and went thru everything again)

That is a very long wait! You must have been really determined to wait it out for the final confirmation the first time around.

What is this final management clearance about? I more or less guessed that some sort of security clearance will have to be undertaken before someone can work in MINDEF, but I never expected there to be another level of clearance to pass.

Who is in charge of giving the management approval?

Unregistered 02-04-2015 02:33 PM

I attended an interview in mid Feb and the mindef HR staff told me that it will take a few weeks before they can inform me the outcome of the interview. I have not received any calls or rejection email from them. Why are they so slow?

The same thing also applies to other civil service jobs i have applied to. I attended an interview at MOH around the same time (mid feb) and haven't gotten a reply from them.I don't know whether CS is so inefficient cause the private sector firm took less than a week to send me the rejection email.

Unregistered 02-04-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64882)
That is a very long wait! You must have been really determined to wait it out for the final confirmation the first time around.

What is this final management clearance about? I more or less guessed that some sort of security clearance will have to be undertaken before someone can work in MINDEF, but I never expected there to be another level of clearance to pass.

Who is in charge of giving the management approval?

HR will come back to you with an offer, which you will either agree or you don't. This offer has to be approved by the management (Chief) and you will be informed duly after 1 or 2 weeks. You will have to go for security clearance, depending on the nature of your role. Then, medical review and during this time, they will draft up an offer letter in parallel. The entire process is not that sloow if they are interested to have you on board.

The general rule of thumb is that you can forget about the role if you have not heard from them after two weeks. It may also mean that they are currently still interviewing other candidates and have not come to a decision yet. You have to understand there are a lot of applicants, and they have many choices to choose from.

Unregistered 05-04-2015 12:54 PM

Will the HR let you know whether you pass or fail the psychometric test?

Unregistered 05-04-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64892)
HR will come back to you with an offer, which you will either agree or you don't. This offer has to be approved by the management (Chief) and you will be informed duly after 1 or 2 weeks. You will have to go for security clearance, depending on the nature of your role. Then, medical review and during this time, they will draft up an offer letter in parallel. The entire process is not that sloow if they are interested to have you on board.

The general rule of thumb is that you can forget about the role if you have not heard from them after two weeks. It may also mean that they are currently still interviewing other candidates and have not come to a decision yet. You have to understand there are a lot of applicants, and they have many choices to choose from.

Yes. The process will be super fast if you have good credentials e.g. Ivy League or 1st Class. The general pool can take up to 1-2 months.

For me, I did the psychometric test way before. When I applied, I was called for the first interview at MHRD within a week upon application. Immediately after the interview, the hiring manager called and arranged for a site preview in the 2nd week. Received a verbal offer 2 days after from MHRD and concurrently scheduled for a medical review.

The process could be as fast as 2 weeks from the initial interview (excludes psychometric test) to the verbal offer, depending on your credentials and the urgency for that position.

Unregistered 05-04-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65039)
Will the HR let you know whether you pass or fail the psychometric test?

Nope. They will not let you know about it.

Unregistered 05-04-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65040)
Yes. The process will be super fast if you have good credentials e.g. Ivy League or 1st Class. The general pool can take up to 1-2 months.

For me, I did the psychometric test way before. When I applied, I was called for the first interview at MHRD within a week upon application. Immediately after the interview, the hiring manager called and arranged for a site preview in the 2nd week. Received a verbal offer 2 days after from MHRD and concurrently scheduled for a medical review.

The process could be as fast as 2 weeks from the initial interview (excludes psychometric test) to the verbal offer, depending on your credentials and the urgency for that position.

A real nut-crack, who goes one round to identify oneself as an IVY League or 1st class candidate.

I resigned and went back to mindef, applied twice and IT IS NOT ABOUT WHO YOU ARE but what you are. Pass degree btw, i got notified both times within 2weeks, i seriously dont think credentials make a difference.

SAF personnels are not eltists, they are down to earth people like u and I, pls ignore this joker and wait patiently, sometimes due to an overwhelming response and conflicting schedule, they cannot get back to u as fast as they shld. My commander is interviewing candidates but because he is very busy, we haven't been able to interview pple. Just to note: whether you are a straight As student or not doesnt matter, ultimately is how u present urself during the interview.

I have seen academic smart pple who have no people skills, saf is a people oriented place fyi. Dont be like a fool, go in act smart and think you are that good. Sometimes we need a bit of old fashion...