Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 25-08-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89845)
I see. I agree, in order to enter local uni does take quite alot of effort and ur grades got to be relatively good already (extremely so if u go in via poly route)

But i hope they dont just straight condemn non-local uni student and not even giving them a chance haha, after all education is just a part of it.. there are ppl who work well but dont study as well, vice versa.. At least grant them an interview if they are "suitable" and see how it goes..
That's good to know, it sure is motivating.. Good Luck, hope u get the job :)

Just submitted my application few days back, hopefully some response soon =x

i also apply last week, maybe we can go for the same PT

Unregistered 26-08-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89848)
i also apply last week, maybe we can go for the same PT

They decide date for you based on your 3 choices

Unregistered 26-08-2016 08:10 PM

Nowadays gov agencies no longer just look at local grads, if u have private deg and have strong relavant exp than they sure stand a chance.. nowadays its all abt experience, paper is just a formality..

eijizz 30-08-2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89698)
Got apply big 4?? they prefer local uni grad apparently and u should have better chance of getting in..

with a non-local degree, its hard to get in big4.. i will still submit my application when there's a chance, but its pretty slim.. so was thinking if i manage to land on the mindef dxo job, i could take on SQP and be a chartered accountant and by then my contract should ends, shall see to continue or head back into industry..
is there any non-local grad there?? or majority is still local grad? thats what im really concern haha..

I'm the 32 yr old local uni grad, just that previously I posted as a guest and then I registered an account, I actually started in Big 4, was there for two years, then I left. To be honest, I would not want to go back to Big 4 to do audit.

eijizz 30-08-2016 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89698)
Got apply big 4?? they prefer local uni grad apparently and u should have better chance of getting in..

with a non-local degree, its hard to get in big4.. i will still submit my application when there's a chance, but its pretty slim.. so was thinking if i manage to land on the mindef dxo job, i could take on SQP and be a chartered accountant and by then my contract should ends, shall see to continue or head back into industry..
is there any non-local grad there?? or majority is still local grad? thats what im really concern haha..

And can anyone advise on what he means by "by then my contract should end"? DXO is contract based?

And I also remember reading that fresh grads start at DX 9 and move on to DX 10/11/12 and so on.
Does the jump in grade mean a salary increment, or just a title change? And how long does it usually take for one to move from DX9 to 10 and then to 11 and so on?

Thanks in advance to anyone answering my queries!

Unregistered 30-08-2016 11:21 AM

I applied for mindef DXO and have passed psychometric test and went for 2 rounds of interviews + site preview. I'm now awaiting results about the 2nd round of interview. Do u all know roughly how long they take to call to let u know whether you got the job offer after the 2nd round of interview?

Unregistered 30-08-2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89990)
I applied for mindef DXO and have passed psychometric test and went for 2 rounds of interviews + site preview. I'm now awaiting results about the 2nd round of interview. Do u all know roughly how long they take to call to let u know whether you got the job offer after the 2nd round of interview?

Able to share how long did you wait between the PT and first interview?

Unregistered 30-08-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89990)

which dept did you apply for?

Unregistered 30-08-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90000)
which dept did you apply for?

DXO under changi naval base gombak HQ

Unregistered 30-08-2016 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eijizz (Post 89986)
And can anyone advise on what he means by "by then my contract should end"? DXO is contract based?

And I also remember reading that fresh grads start at DX 9 and move on to DX 10/11/12 and so on.
Does the jump in grade mean a salary increment, or just a title change? And how long does it usually take for one to move from DX9 to 10 and then to 11 and so on?

Thanks in advance to anyone answering my queries!

Is he referring to probation period?? From what I read there's a probation period (Iirc its 1 year)? Where if u don't make the cut like poor performance or what.. they won't renew ur contract once your probation is up??

I think from then on its few year sign one time contract (maybe better terms and stuff as u progresses?) Idk.. But even enciks and officer also sign on contract till certain age.. But yes , if u want, we can work until national retirement age..